Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Angry XBOX LIVE Customer Service SUCKS!

*gets on soapbox*

a week or 2 one of my buddies via yahoo IM asked if i got a new 360, i told him i did not. he told me that he saw my game tag sign in on his console (MiB Agent Dee). I told him it was not me, so i go to www.xbox.com and see that my profile is still there and all my info (bio, location, quote etc) was still there as well as my 3 piece suit wearing 'avatar'. the only thing different was my game score was over 3500 it was 12-1600 max. so I call MS cust service for LIVE and they told me the ONLY thing i can do is change the password so the person cannot use it anymore. but since he did play a bunch of games that I do not play or care to play I asked if there was a way to reset the account, they said they could reset the achievements but it would mark me as CHEATER when they do so, so that is a no go.

since my game score was so low, i decided to create a NEW tag to be recovered to my new 360 when i get one. so i create a new email address (davemcfly85@live.com) and create a new tag, davemcfly85. so i go into my account at xbox.com and first thing it asks is my email and pass which i enter, and i can now see my new tag, and current zero game score, and zero achievements. but now when i go to use my OLD email, the one linked to my old tag, it is signed into the new email address (davemcfly85@live.com), instead of my older one (davemcfly1985@hotmail.com), and since the old email is also my MSN messenger sign in is the same as my email and my old game tag log in. i had to make sure not to use the live.com email until i can correct this. so i am on the phone with the LIVE people and they tell me that while I CAN create a new tag via a new email on a PC, you need a CONSOLE to pull up the account and change the email. no problem, i use my friend's 360 and recover tag, go into my account, change the live.com email to hotmail.com and then remove the account from his console.

well today i go to xbox.com and go to sign in with my old email (the hotmail.com one) and password and POP up comes my old tag,score,achievements and avatar. I log out, then log in with the live.com email and password and POP up comes my new tag, and recently created avatar via my friend's console. I call up LIVE support YET again and they told me i need to do that via the console, and they want me to create YET another email address . I ask "why do i need to create another one, when i created a new 'live.com' email when i created my new tag?". they told me that is how it is set up .

so now i have to go to my friends again, recover my account AGAIN, and change my log in yet, AGAIN, so be wary of the XBOX LIVE customer service .

*gets off of soapbox*
Old 02-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
This is why I own a PS3.
jcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Wink

I have a PS3, and by far their service is MUCH better and user friendly. like when my PS3 died on me and i exchanged it (it happened within 90 days of ownership). i get the new system home and turn it on and sign into my PSN ID and go to activate it for both the system, and video (in case you want to rent and or download video and movie from the store). well it said this account is already activated (you can have up to 5 consoles activated for games but only 1 for video/movies). i call Sony 800 number up and explain the situation, they reset my activation for video and told me to try again in a few minutes. i got off the phone and a few minutes later logged in and was able to activate my PS3 for video. so by contrast 360/LIVE is a lot more of a hassle than the GOOD folks at Sony .
Old 02-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
How and who was using your other account?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
How and who was using your other account?
I sold my 360 to a former co worker and the ONE thing I forgot to do was delete the LIVE account from the hard drive. well he gets it home, hooks it up and it auto signs into LIVE when he turns it on. while he did not have the GOLD LIVE that allows online play, he was able to play a bunch of games 'offline' and get achievements for them and that's how I found out. so by changing the password (he never made ANY changes to my account), he is no longer allowed to log in and get any further achievements on it anymore.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
And you don't welcome extra achievements on your gamertag why? does your gamescore matter that much?
Old 02-20-2010, 04:10 AM   #7
ClutchKargo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Check out what Hitler has to say about Xbox Live:

ClutchKargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
IndyDave

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT RS
Sounds like you got a kid on his first day on the job, reading from a list. Have him get his supervisor or someone with admin rights & they should be able to clean it up for you. Good luck!
IndyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #9
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Don't get me started on Xbox CS. My sons acct was hacked. They investigated, but the only thing they could do was tell him how to reset his password to recover his account.

And because I paid with a debit card the crook was able to charge points to my accout. I would call them and they would reverse the charges, but it was a hassle.

He has recovered his account, and there have been no more charges, but I will NEVER deal with them again. Going to a PS3 soon.
bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Red face

yeah, but the funny thing was i sold my 360 shortly after getting my PS3 mostly cause i did not feel the need to have two similarly powered systems that played the same games (not counting the ones that are only on 360 or only on PS3 ). but now i kinda miss having it, i currently have a Elite model on layaway at my local K mart and as soon as my tax refund comes in, it is MINE .
Old 02-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #11
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Never had a problem with XBL yet....

Then again, when I sold my old Pro to get an Elite, I REMEMBERED TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT INFO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #12
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Never had a problem with XBL yet....

Then again, when I sold my old Pro to get an Elite, I REMEMBERED TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT INFO!

thanks, i needed that
Old 04-06-2010, 02:30 AM   #13
geraldbutler

Drives: N/A
I will soon be on my 4th xbox within a year. It seems every few month I am calling them to get my system fixed. You think by now they just send you a new one but no. And for the support people, almost all of them sound like they have no clue about xbox, I know more then they do it seems. Like if you are going to work in a xbox call centre, why wouldn’t you know more than the costumer does?? I called few days ago with the problems and the supervisor said she will phone me back the next day to get some info to get a brand new xbox but she never did. So I phoned them and of course they said they rarely rarely send out brand new ones. Right now I want to deal with that call centre as little as possible.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:36 AM   #14
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Do you call them for the same problem? Do you have a picture of where your xbox is kept when you use it?