Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #645
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
That's cool, sounds like fun. I miss going to the track. I've had my Camaro for two years now and I'm gonna do something special with it, as of now I'm planning on buying the IPS tt kit. I figure I'm a mechanic and I live close to a drag strip so why not take advantage and build up my new Camaro!

I'm not a part of any club but thought it would be fun with the Camaro. What kind of BS goes on in the Camaro club?
I have a fun time at the track, people can't hide behind a computer claiming they run a certain time. They either have to run their time or shut up.

The admins let anybody in the club that has a Camaro on their facebook profile. Too many jealous people in the club, they have to be the center of attention. You would probably be hated since you are willing to put a turbocharger on your V6 and also have the knowhow. Knowledge is hated in the club. I also hate how people will take what you do and try to claim credit for it.

On a better note though, here are my 60' times from yesterday:
2.011 (Personal Best)

MUCH MUCH better than usual, I started doing a small burnout to clean my tires off and it helped a lot. I'm also launching a little above idle and it is helping, I may need to try to launch even higher, the car bogs down too much till 5000 RPM's to get a good 330' time.

DA was over 2000, started with 2061 and ended with 2858. My best corrected time was a 12.780 @ 112.81 from a 13.122 @ 109.71 in 2176 DA.

Next step is to lower one of my meth nozzles to a size smaller and if I get my 1 piece driveshaft, install it. If it wasn't for the lack of low-end torque this car would be awesome. I'm starting to wonder if Torque Management is active in the IPF trans tune, 2nd gear feels more powerful than 1st gear, which is wrong. Also, the transmission shifts softly compared to the 6R80 in the Mustangs, that one will slam your head into the seat.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #646
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I have a fun time at the track, people can't hide behind a computer claiming they run a certain time. They either have to run their time or shut up.

The admins let anybody in the club that has a Camaro on their facebook profile. Too many jealous people in the club, they have to be the center of attention. You would probably be hated since you are willing to put a turbocharger on your V6 and also have the knowhow. Knowledge is hated in the club. I also hate how people will take what you do and try to claim credit for it.

On a better note though, here are my 60' times from yesterday:
2.011 (Personal Best)

MUCH MUCH better than usual, I started doing a small burnout to clean my tires off and it helped a lot. I'm also launching a little above idle and it is helping, I may need to try to launch even higher, the car bogs down too much till 5000 RPM's to get a good 330' time.

DA was over 2000, started with 2061 and ended with 2858. My best corrected time was a 12.780 @ 112.81 from a 13.122 @ 109.71 in 2176 DA.

Next step is to lower one of my meth nozzles to a size smaller and if I get my 1 piece driveshaft, install it. If it wasn't for the lack of low-end torque this car would be awesome. I'm starting to wonder if Torque Management is active in the IPF trans tune, 2nd gear feels more powerful than 1st gear, which is wrong. Also, the transmission shifts softly compared to the 6R80 in the Mustangs, that one will slam your head into the seat.
Do you run drag radials? If not, why not? I think with drag radials you may be able to get the 60' times down to a 1.8 which would definitely put you into the 12 second range

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:16 PM   #647
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Yeah that doesn't sound like a club for me.

I talked to IPF about doing a tune and asked about the auto trans and the shifts because your right they are so soft! And I read from Matt@fsp and others how the auto trans tune is where a lot of the difference is. But maybe they just meant the torque management from the ecm tune? I don't know but this what IPF told me:

"We can tune the ECU and TCU separately if desired. The ECU tuning is where all the power is made ad we do modify the torque management which indirectly does affect shifting and improves drivability. We have a seperate TCU tune which firms the shits up 10-15% however the larger gains are made in the ECU"

Did IPF tune your tcm or just your ecm?
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:08 AM   #648
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Do you run drag radials? If not, why not? I think with drag radials you may be able to get the 60' times down to a 1.8 which would definitely put you into the 12 second range
It is on my list of things to get. I would like to get some lightweight 18" wheels, throw some DR's on them and see what happens. I am running SS wheels right now and have Brembo's all around, so that is not helping, but looks cool.

Quote:
Yeah that doesn't sound like a club for me.

I talked to IPF about doing a tune and asked about the auto trans and the shifts because your right they are so soft! And I read from Matt@fsp and others how the auto trans tune is where a lot of the difference is. But maybe they just meant the torque management from the ecm tune? I don't know but this what IPF told me:

"We can tune the ECU and TCU separately if desired. The ECU tuning is where all the power is made ad we do modify the torque management which indirectly does affect shifting and improves drivability. We have a seperate TCU tune which firms the shits up 10-15% however the larger gains are made in the ECU"

Did IPF tune your tcm or just your ecm?
I have both TCU and ECU tunes, but only 15% shift firmness is not much.

Now that I think about it, it could be from when we were trying to fix the stalling issue in the LLT's. Arno said he had to mess with the idle torque management. The issue ended up being from the PCV system not allowing air into the intake manifold during high vacuums. I know V60C1C7 tune has all my fastest times, but it ends up causing my LTFT's to run extreme positives, causing misfires during WOT runs. The biggest complaint I have with IPF is that I ask a question and I rarely get a response back. I asked over a month ago if Arno would put a max adapt of 5% LTFT on the C7 tune, no response.

I think the C9 tune was the one with a max adapt but no idle torque management, but it is no longer on the file server. I will try the C8 tune, see what happens.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #649
MagnumForceGB

Going to do an experiment, going to go to the drag strip with my stock intake manifold on, see if the MACE Stage 4 Ported IM even made a difference.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #650
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
13.27 to 13.23 . Man that was close, i t looks like you had him all the way, but he just nipped you at the end. You guys had to be side by side at the finish. Nice MPH
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #651
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
With as much effort as you are putting into your awesome V6 to get her down the track faster, I think a rear set of lightweight 18" rims with DRs is a no brainer, and probably no more expensive than many other mods, and will likely net you a better gain.

I bet some of your competition on the track is running DRs right?

I can't remember if you've done gears or not, but a shorter tire would lower your ratio as well, so that could be another added bonus. Maybe not if you are already geared up.

Do it! Light em up in the staging area, and watch those 12s come to you!
Old 09-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #652
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
13.27 to 13.23 . Man that was close, i t looks like you had him all the way, but he just nipped you at the end. You guys had to be side by side at the finish. Nice MPH
There was a lot of great races that day, we had multiple classes and majority of us were just Friday Test-n-Tune guys. It was held for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oklahoma City, raised over $6,500 for them with the event.

Next Spring we are doing it again, can't wait for it.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:22 AM   #653
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Going to do an experiment, going to go to the drag strip with my stock intake manifold on, see if the MACE Stage 4 Ported IM even made a difference.
Since you are now FI, i'm guessing a ported IM won't make much difference... wouldn't be surprised if it made no difference...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #654
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
With as much effort as you are putting into your awesome V6 to get her down the track faster, I think a rear set of lightweight 18" rims with DRs is a no brainer, and probably no more expensive than many other mods, and will likely net you a better gain.

I bet some of your competition on the track is running DRs right?

I can't remember if you've done gears or not, but a shorter tire would lower your ratio as well, so that could be another added bonus. Maybe not if you are already geared up.

Do it! Light em up in the staging area, and watch those 12s come to you!
I'm debating on whether I should get the full set of 18" to save weight everywhere, or just do the rears. I'm getting better and better with my 60' times, so I may get into the 12's before I get DR's. Just finding the sweet spot to launch. We both did quick burnouts to clean the tires off and we ran out best 60', just have to keep practicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Since you are now FI, i'm guessing a ported IM won't make much difference... wouldn't be surprised if it made no difference...
Just want to get confirmation, feels like the LLT is unpredictable with the mods. If I get an LFX Intake Manifold I will be able to show what the times were from a stock LLT to LFX manifold, maybe help out a few who want to do the upgrade but wonder about time differences.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:35 PM   #655
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I'd appreciate it!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #656
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
What tires are you running, the stock all seasons? You have the factory 19s or 20s?
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:12 PM   #657
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
What tires are you running, the stock all seasons? You have the factory 19s or 20s?
I have SS wheels with BF Goodrich Spot Comp 2's. Works pretty well.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #658
MagnumForceGB

A few pictures from the event on Sunday. Our little V6's made a name for themselves.
Attached Images