Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Interior alert "dinger" wont go off

I get in my car, start it and the alert dinger wont stop dinging. I turn the car off it dings and restart it; the dinging continues. I've closed the doors, put on my seat belt and made sure the parking brake is off. But the alert bell keeps dinging. After a couple minutes of fiddling and trying to determine the cause, it will stop. This has now happened a few times and is rather frustrating. I get to the point thinking "Am I going to have to drive like this?" or "What if it wont stop and I have to leave the car still dinging, will it drain the battery?" Any useful suggestions?
Old 04-08-2016, 06:16 PM   #2
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
I have had a that a few times but it hasn't happened in months. I would turn off the car and then turn it back on and it would go away. I don't know what it was from.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:22 AM   #3
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
You didn't happen to have something in the passengers seat, did you? If an item with enough weight is in the passengers seat, it will trigger the passenger presence alarm. Had a customer with mystery chime sounding. Turned out she had been to the store and put her groceries in the passenger seat. They were just heavy enough to trigger the passenger presence sensor and the seat belt chime was sounding

Last edited by fhrex; 04-10-2016 at 09:22 AM.
fhrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Does it ding all the time or only when you put it in gear? There are a variety of reasons for a normal dinging, and then there's fast and slow dinging. You may have a bad sensor somewhere (door, trunk, seatbelt, e-brake?), but need to narrow down the possible causes by observing the conditions that start and stop the dinging.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:33 PM   #5
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
I get in my car, start it and the alert dinger wont stop dinging. I turn the car off it dings and restart it; the dinging continues. I've closed the doors, put on my seat belt and made sure the parking brake is off. But the alert bell keeps dinging. After a couple minutes of fiddling and trying to determine the cause, it will stop. This has now happened a few times and is rather frustrating. I get to the point thinking "Am I going to have to drive like this?" or "What if it wont stop and I have to leave the car still dinging, will it drain the battery?" Any useful suggestions?
I have had the same issue on damp or cold mornings. Can't get it to stop dinging.
I finally pulled the outside drivers door harness off, put it back on, indexed the windows, and the problem went away for about 9 months.
Then in cold weather it came back but not consistently.
Maybe there is a service bulletin for this dinging?
Old 04-11-2016, 02:51 PM   #6
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Does it ding all the time or only when you put it in gear? There are a variety of reasons for a normal dinging, and then there's fast and slow dinging. You may have a bad sensor somewhere (door, trunk, seatbelt, e-brake?), but need to narrow down the possible causes by observing the conditions that start and stop the dinging.
Always been not in gear. I've actually got the fast and slow dinging, but the fast only happened once of the handful of times it has happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhrex View Post
You didn't happen to have something in the passengers seat, did you? If an item with enough weight is in the passengers seat, it will trigger the passenger presence alarm. Had a customer with mystery chime sounding. Turned out she had been to the store and put her groceries in the passenger seat. They were just heavy enough to trigger the passenger presence sensor and the seat belt chime was sounding
Nothing in the passenger seat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
I have had the same issue on damp or cold mornings. Can't get it to stop dinging.
I finally pulled the outside drivers door harness off, put it back on, indexed the windows, and the problem went away for about 9 months.
Then in cold weather it came back but not consistently.
Maybe there is a service bulletin for this dinging?
I'm in San Diego, California... It never gets cold here