Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 05-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #7071
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Gear head here....a couple shots of my latest project in mock up...632cid alcohol injected 3 disk crower glide clutch ect. I just have to build my new shop so I can move my mill and lathe so I can stat machining the motor plates and put it together. Cam and more for the camaro in due time.....
Attachment 367937

Attachment 367938
That would look even more interesting if you could cram it in the Camaro...
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #7072
Casper45th

Drives: 2012 45th SSRS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
AquaRSSS' comment about car guys is something that I'd hafta agree with 100%. Rob, I'm more than a little saddened at how few true gearheads there are in this forum. What I see more often than not are guys throwing on a couple bolt-ons like cold-air, K&N filter, axle-back exhaust, and thinking they are now car-guys. At the risk of sounding like a geezer, I gotta say I grew up in a time where it was a matter of pride and a rite of passage to work on your own car, and do REAL stuff - like camshafts and heads and gears and etc. I see very few people in this forum (of course there are a few exceptions) that actually do some serious gearhead wrenchin' on their Camaro's. Seems like most guys just take their car to someone, hand them the keys and a pile of money, and then think they've "built" a fast car. Guys act like changing out heads or a camshaft is equivalent to building the Atlas V rocket. These cars are so incredibly simple to work on - I'm stupified that people aren't rolling up their sleeves and getting into it on their own. Personally, I have ZERO respect for a guy that just hands his car to another dude and says "make it fast" and writes out a check - and THEN talks like he actually knows something about cars, or making cars fast. Oh, and then of course, most of the guys that do that have no clue how to even shift their cars, but that's a WHOLE 'nother issue.

This is a roll-call...if you're an old-school gearhead, please check in!!

Sam
I whole heartedly agree with you Sam! Part of the reason I bought a gen5 is for the fun of twisting wrenches on it. I have done more SB than I can remember and a hand full of BB, and even a few old school hemis and 440s. I can remember when the 1st gen Camaros hit the market. Yes I'm a geezer, lol. I've been twisting wrenches and doing builds since I was 16 and that's almost 41 years now. I guess some people either don't have the time or the skills, (or both), to do their own wrenching. Unfortunately they don't know the joy and satifaction they are missing out on. I enjoy working on my cars, (and trucks & ATVs), as much as I do driving them.

Bob
Casper45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #7073
Casper45th

BTW, sorry to hog in on you guys in the land of green. Hope you don't mind. Just not many of us here in the land of "that northern Denver suburb", lol, as many of my AZ buddies seem to think. As far as I'm concerned any Camaro owner is a friend! I'll cruise with you guys anytime!

Last edited by Casper45th; 05-07-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #7074
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Wow I think I can hear crickets.... Where are all the problem children.????
Old 05-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #7075
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinrancho View Post
I figured everyone in Colorado besides me must be on vacation or something.....
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #7076
Casper45th

Yeah, I think in Wyoming too. We must be the only 3 around these 2 states. I'm feeling a little road trip to Denver coming on soon. Even just a Saturday down and back thing. Need to stretch the ole' girls legs.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #7077
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Quote:
Checking in now...
Back in country in a week. Yeah!!!

34°31′59″N 69°09′58″E
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears

Last edited by AquaRSSS; 05-10-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: 'cause
Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #7078
Ace1USMC

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper45th View Post
Yeah, I think in Wyoming too. We must be the only 3 around these 2 states. I'm feeling a little road trip to Denver coming on soon. Even just a Saturday down and back thing. Need to stretch the ole' girls legs.
Hey man, if you're heading down this way and need a place to take a break or whatever, lemme know. Maybe a couple of us can cruise part of the way with you - I'm game!

Sam
Old 05-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #7079
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Tomorrow from 4 to 8pm Dellenbach chevy has a car show. They will have thier 2012 zl1 which is going to Powell Wyo after the show... Its #498. Funny enough the Cheyenne chevy dealer Tyrells got #497 which went to Windsor... Couldn't these to guys buy their cars in their own states...hahaha
Old 05-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #7080
walhan_qtr
..[ Z06-QTR ]..

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS RS M6/ 07 C6 Z06
Send a message via MSN to walhan_qtr Send a message via Yahoo to walhan_qtr Send a message via Skype™ to walhan_qtr
Quote:
Tomorrow from 4 to 8pm Dellenbach chevy has a car show. They will have thier 2012 zl1 which is going to Powell Wyo after the show... Its #498. Funny enough the Cheyenne chevy dealer Tyrells got #497 which went to Windsor... Couldn't these to guys buy their cars in their own states...hahaha
I will probably go for an hour or two... went last year was ok.
- 10 Black Camaro LS3, 2SS/RS, H/C/I, bolt-ons, Spec. (470whp/450wtq).
- 07 Black Corvette C6(SOLD).
- 98 White/Red Corvette C5(SOLD).

walhan_qtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #7081
Ace1USMC

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
Checking in now...
Back in country in a week. Yeah!!!
Hey Rob - when you're short-timing, please be extra, EXTRA careful. Come home safe and sound! Looking forward to meeting you in person this summer!

Sam
Old 05-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #7082
Casper45th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
Hey man, if you're heading down this way and need a place to take a break or whatever, lemme know. Maybe a couple of us can cruise part of the way with you - I'm game!

Sam
Thanks Sam, just might take you up on that.

And Rob, what Sam said, be carefull! Make sure you guys have each others 6. I have a son, (Ranger) headed back to Afghaniston on 4 tour in about 6-7 weeks. And thank you to all who are puttin it on the line so that we can enjoy the freedom we enjoy in this country! Hope to meet all you guys in person this summer so I can shake your hand.

Bob
Old 05-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #7083
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

REMF ( Rear echelon MF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper45th View Post
Thanks Sam, just might take you up on that.

And Rob, what Sam said, be carefull! Make sure you guys have each others 6. I have a son, (Ranger) headed back to Afghaniston on 4 tour in about 6-7 weeks. And thank you to all who are puttin it on the line so that we can enjoy the freedom we enjoy in this country! Hope to meet all you guys in person this summer so I can shake your hand.

Bob
Hey guys,
Thanks for the well-wishes, etc but I'm a bit too old to be a front-line guy in uniform anymore. Us REMF's spend most of our time on these compounds,where we are surrounded by a lot of potential targets (and sometimes we are ourselves...thanks Barack for visiting...), but we're not out in the sticks like the guys on foot. I personally think all the front-line guys, like EOD, Marines, and Patrol guys deserve all that credit and accolades. Sure, nobody is really safe out here. Our biggest worry is some A-hole lobbying a grenade over the walls or getting a lucky mortar round off, along with hitting us at the front gate or while moving in a convoy with a car bomb or these suicide-vest-jacka$$es. Doesn't happen often, but I guess it only takes once. I know every time I leave the compound my butt puckers a bit. Every time you're driving out here it's a "different" experience. You never know who's in the car\ truck around you and if they're gonna pull out an RPG or AK. Getting stuck in traffic takes on a whole new meaning here. Still, the guys on the front lines are the ones that deserve the credit. We're just support guys doing other stupid stuff here....I guess my military past led me to volunteer to be here, but I'm too old to be a hero.
GL and Best Wishes to all of you members that have younger kids out here in uniform and to those of you who have walked the beat out here!
Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #7084
Clint@A.I.R.
Account Suspended

Drives: 99' Camaro 404 TT
A.I.R. UPDATE !

Hello everyone...

AIR Check in.

The last month has been hectic. Not sure if everyone has known be AIR has moved into a new, larger shop. The new location is off of I76 and Sheridan Ave.

We have gone from 2900sq ft to over a 14,000sq ft building that is shared by 4 different companies. A.I.R., DynoPro (DynoJet), DC Racing engines (builds NASCAR engines), Chassis Dynamics (Custom Roll cage and chassis fabrication). A.I.R. has doubled the space, included a customer waiting room with couch and TV, Xbox with go fast racing games included. Kitchen area, going to purchase a vending machine, and updated security system for the building :-)

Pics of the building:

The door being cut in for the Dyno:

It's a warehouse of GO FAST and Horse Power Goodies. ! But were still in the process of moving in.

A.I.R. is completely moved in to the new location, and as of this afternoon the lift is up and functional, things are organized and after the 3 week pause were working on getting caught up with projects. So. I apoligize to all if I've been hard to get a hold of these last few weeks.

DynoPro will be up and running next week, can't wait for that !!! Who need a Dyno??

DC and Chassis Dynamics will be running late in the month of June, (anyone need a roll cage installed?)

More info and Pics to follow.

We will be doing a Grand opening Day soon, with Dyno day, Burgers and Dogs provided :-)

Talk to you soon.

Clint
Clint@A.I.R. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro