Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
CAI or wait for Vararam 2012 LS

So I was thinking of throwing the MRT v2 and CAI on the car this weekend. But now I'm thinking I should wait for vararam to make one for the 2012 model. Should I just go with the exhaust and wait for the intake or just wait to do it all at the sametime?
Abstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I don't see the VR unit coming for a while, but who knows. If I was you, I'd buy a Rotofab or CAI and then if the VR comes out and looks to perform great, sell what you have and then get the VR.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Yea I havent heard anything on a time frame. I think I will go with your idea I never even thought of it that way.
Abstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
blackknight0512

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I'm in the same boat. Want vararam but not sure if it's worth the wait. I emailed vararam yesterday to see what stages of testing they are in but did not hear anything.
blackknight0512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Update on 2012 Vararam

2012 Camaro Vararam intake update:

Vararam is pleased to report that our test units have almost completed their 12,000 mile test cycle.

All Vararam products must pass this basic test cycle before production can begin.
Vararam products are always tested to failure in varying conditions, while running out to a minimum of 12,000 miles .
This allows us to check for part fatigue in a wider range of conditions. This also ensures that we provide the highest quality product available with OEM reliability while delivering that legendary Vararam real world performance.

For the 2012 Camaro we have been in the unusual position of creating two versions for the same application. Both have proven to offer similar performance.
We are currently fine tuning the "look" and installation of each system.
Each system has been developed for performance, drivability ,ease of installation and show presentation.

The systems are being put head to head against each other every day. The unit that is consistently the best , will go into production.

We appreciate our customers patience while we wrap up our final tests.

We will update you again, later next week with a more specific time, we are very close at this point. We may be able to post up some pictures at that time.

VR Tech
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
CPT_Hoolie

Drives: 2012 1LT RS
Personally, I couldn't wait for the Vararam, so I ordered the CAI with ADM scoop and washer bottle relo. Auto Agenda has a great deal on the package (free scoop, free cleaning kit, free shipping).

Just got my email that the box is waiting for me at the house...hopefully I'll have time to get it all put on this weekend.
CPT_Hoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
Adrenaline12

Drives: Synergy Green 2SS
Awesome update from Vararam!!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline12 View Post
Awesome update from Vararam!!
Yep! I'd say wait on the VR. You cannot deny that centered look. The VR looks far better than anything else on the market IMO.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Not only that, but it performs! I went from an airaid to a vararam on my 2011 and oh yea there was a difference.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_Hoolie View Post
Personally, I couldn't wait for the Vararam, so I ordered the CAI with ADM scoop and washer bottle relo. Auto Agenda has a great deal on the package (free scoop, free cleaning kit, free shipping).

Just got my email that the box is waiting for me at the house...hopefully I'll have time to get it all put on this weekend.
Appreciate the Support!

Vararam and Cold Air Inductions are both very high quality systems, no disappointments with either choice.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
I know Vararam is being announced soon so I should wait to see what the looks and numbers are on it before making a decision... but im actually in kind of the opposite boat as most people... i prefer the look of the CAI or rotofab CAI instead of the Vararam.. to me the CAI just looks more aftermarket which is what im going for, but more important than looks is sound, i dont care so much about HP gains as i know any intake will be within 2-3 hp and I dont plan on taking my car to the track, but i will be installing mrt 2.0 axle-back exhaust and i want to find the intake that makes the deepest sound I can, how does the CAI compare to Vararam in sound?
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
how does the CAI compare to Vararam in sound?
this
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
I know Vararam is being announced soon so I should wait to see what the looks and numbers are on it before making a decision... but im actually in kind of the opposite boat as most people... i prefer the look of the CAI or rotofab CAI instead of the Vararam.. to me the CAI just looks more aftermarket which is what im going for, but more important than looks is sound, i dont care so much about HP gains as i know any intake will be within 2-3 hp and I dont plan on taking my car to the track, but i will be installing mrt 2.0 axle-back exhaust and i want to find the intake that makes the deepest sound I can, how does the CAI compare to Vararam in sound?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
this
The CAI Inc system sounds great. Be sure to stop by our tent at Camaro5Fest and hear it for yourself. We will have an SS and V6 equipped with CAI Inc intake systems.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote