Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Talking SW Retro Chambered cat back - Before and After LT headers!

The Stainless Works Retro Chambered cat back has quickly become one of the most popular exhaust systems for the 5th Gen Camaro SS. Below is a video that many of you have probably seen before. When we shot this video the car was bone stock except for the cat back.

Since then the car has had some suspension and induction upgrades. More importantly, it has had Stainless Works 1 7/8 headers with high flow cats added. As great as the Retro Chambered sounds on its own, this is on another level.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Is this what you were recording in the other thread?
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Greatest combination for these cars! Nothing sounds meaner.......ok well maybe a little cam chop to go with it....oh and a SC whine........

http://youtu.be/kStMgMrAonU
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Is this what you were recording in the other thread?
Yep.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
2SScamaro2010

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
That's awesome headers are my next mod and I was wondering how this was going to sound. Thanks
Mods: SW Retro Chambered cat back, CAI cai black, APEX scoop and ww tank, RX catch can, APEX Skip-shift Eliminator, Hurst short throw, Speeddawg knob, Kooks 1 7/8 headers high flow cats, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Livernois dyno tune, ZL1 grill and side skirts.WHP: 415 WTQ: 407
2SScamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
Abrahams11SS

Drives: 2013 ZL1 V3RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SScamaro2010 View Post
That's awesome headers are my next mod and I was wondering how this was going to sound. Thanks
PM me a cellphone or email and I can send you a sweet video of TSP headers off road cats and the SW retro chambered exhaust and a 231/236 cam... STOOOpid awesome to me.. best sounding car I know of besides Birms which was the same only boosted and on like 1000mg a week of steriods straight into the block lol
Abrahams11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
Greatest combination for these cars! Nothing sounds meaner...
Quote:
Agreed. This is my absolute favorite exhaust system for these cars.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
That is the best sound, bar-none, for the 5th gens. How is the drone at 65-75 mph inside the car? Any plans to record that?

I love this system but it is still too pricey for me.

Great work Chase and thank you!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
Birm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
That is the best sound, bar-none, for the 5th gens. How is the drone at 65-75 mph inside the car? Any plans to record that?

None that I noticed on my personal car. It's loud, you hear the exhaust but it is a 3" with Headers and chambered mufflers (and in my case cam) so its to be expected. But nothing intolerable, you can very easily have a phone call or conversation without issue.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
Birm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahams11SS View Post
PM me a cellphone or email and I can send you a sweet video of TSP headers off road cats and the SW retro chambered exhaust and a 231/236 cam... STOOOpid awesome to me.. best sounding car I know of besides Birms which was the same only boosted and on like 1000mg a week of steriods straight into the block lol

Hey hey, it wa only 800mg

Bro post it to youtube then just imbed the link
Old 06-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Quote:

ZERO DRONE. Obviously, you hear the exhaust more but there is no resonance with this exhaust system. We have looked at doing some interior recording but to get good sound is more difficult than you might think and it really just sounds like the exterior stuff but quieter. Below are some customer quotes concerning the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I have the entire SW's system and LOVE IT. NO DRONE at ALL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
No drone, NONE. Pure music. Many, many compliments. IMO it has all the other popular systems (Borla, Corsa and whatnot) beat hands down.
Quote:
Im pretty happy with my Stainless Works retro chambered. I have never experienced any drone with it and it sounds awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5RaCefReaK View Post

The system sound is awesome and has no drone. I couldn't be happier. The power difference is great. Do not regret this at all.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Chase, thank you for your help with the Stainless Works 3" Retro Chambered Catback, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, and Roto-Fab Intake! Here is the video I took from after the install! Sound quality isn't as great as the Apex video...but I get lots of compliments on this set-up!

Old 06-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #13
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
ZERO DRONE. Obviously, you hear the exhaust more but there is no resonance with this exhaust system. We have looked at doing some interior recording but to get good sound is more difficult than you might think and it really just sounds like the exterior stuff but quieter. Below are some customer quotes concerning the sound.
Exactly what Chase said. This is my car and simply put, I fell in love with it again after I added the headers. Don't worry about the drone, just "add to cart"! I was hesitant to add headers but I wish I would have done it sooner

Sound level is not obnoxious, but it is loud, very impressive. Garners attention and as you can tell, very aggressive tone. NO noticeable drone. What so ever. You will hear the exhaust inside the car of course, but do not confuse that with drone. You can carry on a conversation and jam to your music. People who are not even gear heads compliment the sound.

The only thing I wish we could have captured better on the video is the decel pop. It's fantastic! I just didnt pass the camera at the right RPM range I think.

Awesome price, fast shipping, and 1st class customer service from Apex Motorsports!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #14
JWoj3540

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
Greatest combination for these cars! Nothing sounds meaner.......ok well maybe a little cam chop to go with it....oh and a SC whine........

http://youtu.be/kStMgMrAonU
Nice
JWoj3540 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex motorsports, long tube headers, retro chambered, stainless works