Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 AM   #29
RS Speedriver

Drives: 2018 camaro 1ss 1LE
well it was at mission race way. so there track is above sea level. so the conditions were good. but yes you can run a 14.30 with these mods. just get your reaction time down and u should be able to do it.
RS Speedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #30
dangnplus

Drives: 1LT camaro RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Speedriver View Post
well it was at mission race way. so there track is above sea level. so the conditions were good. but yes you can run a 14.30 with these mods. just get your reaction time down and u should be able to do it.
Would you happen to know what my stock time is? and if i did have these mod's on a roll from 60 or 70, if i pushed on it will i notice a big difference?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #31
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason RS View Post
For me my money goes to cosmetics. Only performance mod I have is my Mrt v1.
I would dispute the idea of an axle-back exhaust being a "performance mod," unless you're referring to the weight savings.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #32
azw131
Team LLT

Drives: 2012 WRX (Stage 2)
Get yourself a good catch can, then start saving up for a Supercharger. Of course it's a lot more money than you have now, but it will also trump the performance of every bolt on mod you can do combined. Kinda wish I went that route myself. If I had just saved instead of buying all my mods I'd be pretty close to being able to buy a SC myself now. You can find lightly used set ups here on the forums for 4k and under.

OTHERWISE...

1. Catch Can
2. CAI
3. Ported Throttle Body
4. High Flow Cats

Mods: Bolt On's and Such, Some Cosmetic Stuff Too
azw131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #33
FLGator75
Don't Tread on me!

Drives: 2017 Yellow Camaro RS/V-6.
Send a message via ICQ to FLGator75 Send a message via AIM to FLGator75 Send a message via Yahoo to FLGator75
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
You want the best performance?

CAI intake with scoop,

SOLO high flow cats.

and if you don't care about the possibility of voiding warranty, get a tune.

All of that together would be fantastic.

Also consider getting a ported throttle body, or definitely get it if you can't get a tune.

Which of the above COULD void the factory warranty??

Also, what would be the appoximate WHP gain of each mod?

Last edited by FLGator75; 07-15-2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Another question?
FLGator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #34
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
You want the best performance?

CAI intake with scoop,

SOLO high flow cats.

and if you don't care about the possibility of voiding warranty, get a tune.

All of that together would be fantastic.

Also consider getting a ported throttle body, or definitely get it if you can't get a tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator75 View Post
Which of the above COULD void the factory warranty??

Also, what would be the appoximate WHP gain of each mod?
The tune will void your powertrain warranty. Any of the other mods can cause issues with warranty work, depending on your dealer and how mod-friendly they are. You can fight the good fight and cite the Magnuson Moss Act and threaten litigation, etc., and you may win eventually, but if your dealer wants to be a PITA about ANY mods, they can make life difficult for you, even if it doesn't technically void the warranty like a tune.

KMPrenger gave you the cumulative total:
Quote:
If you are driving an auto, typical horsepower at the wheels should be around 250 - 260. (of course all dynos read differently so some will be lower or higher)

With those mods you should gain around 25 - 30rwhp.

Don't expect huge gains (like if you added forced induction like sycraft says) but those are still big gains on an N/A V6. It would be a very nice improvement all around from low rpms to high rpms.
But I can give you a guesstimate breakdown on a couple of the items:
CAI w/scoop: ~10-15 HP
Tune: Depends on the tune, IPF/Trifecta claim anywhere from 15-30 HP (the LFX seems to respond better); a custom dyno tune would likely net you more than the remote tunes.
High-flow cats: I really don't know, but I'm guessing in the 10 HP range. Someone else will be able to better tell you.

You have to remember that the HP of each individual mod is not additive as you add more mods. It's not like you can say, "Mod X gets me 10 HP, mod Y gets me 15, and mod Z gets me 5, so if I do all three I'll gain 30 HP." It's more like you'd gain ~23 HP.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote