Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #183
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
My car will be in the BC racing shocks both with there coil overs. Also will be sporting Hancook's tires and a few others. Hopefully BMR pulls through as well for me. Got there trailing arms and tunnel brace installed.
Hey Lawdog,

WOW.. sounds like you are almost done upgrading your ride. Not too many more parts for you to swap out. At least before SEMA.. LOL I think there are going to be a LOT of new parts for the 2010 camaro there...

Do me a favor and keep on the lookout for an upgrade for the drive shaft.
I think that is going to be the next weak link on all of our modded cars now that we have replaced all the other weak parts and added a good amount of power. Have you upgraded the Rear end half shafts yet? they are a weak link on stock cars, let alone something with power.

Thanks for the tip on the MTI shifter BTW. It was your post that cought my eye on that item. It is an excellent piece. Most of us in this thread that are 6 speeds are now using that item.

Are the hankook tires on stock rims, or you go with something different? what sizes are you using front and rear?
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #184
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
My car will be in the BC racing shocks both with there coil overs. Also will be sporting Hancook's tires and a few others. Hopefully BMR pulls through as well for me. Got there trailing arms and tunnel brace installed.
Jeremy... make sure you bring back a set of tires for me
Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #185
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Tire sale shortly fellows. I have not done the axle shafts yet. havent broke stock ones yet. Also still running stock clutch. 728 hp with 610 rwhp. Driven it like I stole it too. MTI is also still on both stock with 700 hp. I have a thing not to replace some stuff till it breaks. Wheels are undecided at this point maybe BBS or enkei. Black though either way. Hope to see a yall in vegas. (drinks on me remember) Oh yea who's up for a little race down here in ga in april. Sure would like to show yall how we do it down south!!! (me and you junkie all the way too the top. Then I go home with trophy)
lawdogg149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #186
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Tire sale shortly fellows. I have not done the axle shafts yet. havent broke stock ones yet. Also still running stock clutch. 728 hp with 610 rwhp. Driven it like I stole it too. MTI is also still on both stock with 700 hp. I have a thing not to replace some stuff till it breaks. Wheels are undecided at this point maybe BBS or enkei. Black though either way. Hope to see a yall in vegas. (drinks on me remember) Oh yea who's up for a little race down here in ga in april. Sure would like to show yall how we do it down south!!! (me and you junkie all the way too the top. Then I go home with trophy)
LOL..lmao...but yeah we get to race dang near year round here
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #187
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
So you want a preshow???
lawdogg149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #188
1320junkie

Quote:
So you want a preshow???
Sure,
Old 10-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #189
600hp-lpe

Quote:
I'm with ya on the "don't replace until it breaks" theory. I'm going to ride out the stock clutch until it shreds.

Glad to see there will be competition showing up in April. I'll be ready to go on the autocross and road tracks in April. You got the rest that want to run the drag strip.

April event is going to be a good time had by all! Hell, we're all pumped for this and it's a long ways away! Junkie doesn't even have his car built yet! LOL But Junkie IS FAST.. he'll be ready, I can tell.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #190
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
I'm with ya on the "don't replace until it breaks" theory. I'm going to ride out the stock clutch until it shreds.

Glad to see there will be competition showing up in April. I'll be ready to go on the autocross and road tracks in April. You got the rest that want to run the drag strip.

April event is going to be a good time had by all! Hell, we're all pumped for this and it's a long ways away! Junkie doesn't even have his car built yet! LOL But Junkie IS FAST.. he'll be ready, I can tell.
Not THAT car, the faster one is ready to go, its registered but its pretty much a strip only car
Old 10-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #191
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Oh Im down for some good strip racing. You might have me in HP but I will put up a good fight!!! Line em up and knock em down..

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:01 AM   #192
1320junkie

Quote:
I'm different in that aspect. I like to build strong the first time and go from there. Last thing I need is for something to break when I have an $8,000 grudge match on the line, yeah stuff will still happen but I try to make sure before hand it doesnt. That's what makes us all unique, we have different ways that we approach building our cars.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #193
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
I'm different in that aspect. I like to build strong the first time and go from there. Last thing I need is for something to break when I have an $8,000 grudge match on the line, yeah stuff will still happen but I try to make sure before hand it doesnt. That's what makes us all unique, we have different ways that we approach building our cars.

Very true. I like strong out of the gate as well. It's more of a money thing. Or, lack there of. I'm going to have to scrape, beg , and borrow to get the wheels, tires, and half shafts for the car by spring.

I am replacing the halfshafts, as I am worried about safety with them. Same thing with the drive shaft. I don't trust it.

The clutch on the other hand, is a different story. I will replace the entire unit (clutches, p plate, flywheel) with the LPE dual disk ZR-1 setup once the stock one is smoked. I don't plan on drag racing with this car, so it won't get impacted too bad for quite a while on the auto X or road tracks. Should be able to survive 2010 with the stock clutch, I hope.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #194
1320junkie

Quote:
Very true. I like strong out of the gate as well. It's more of a money thing. Or, lack there of. I'm going to have to scrape, beg , and borrow to get the wheels, tires, and half shafts for the car by spring.

I am replacing the halfshafts, as I am worried about safety with them. Same thing with the drive shaft. I don't trust it.

The clutch on the other hand, is a different story. I will replace the entire unit (clutches, p plate, flywheel) with the LPE dual disk ZR-1 setup once the stock one is smoked. I don't plan on drag racing with this car, so it won't get impacted too bad for quite a while on the auto X or road tracks. Should be able to survive 2010 with the stock clutch, I hope.
I can understand that fully
Old 10-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #195
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
I can understand that fully
Yeah, we are on the same page for just about everything.

Too bad Money is the limiting factor.. Otherwise I would have gone N/A on my LPE build as well.

Did I tell you I LOVE N/A motors? LOL

Junkie, I think I'm gonna fall in love with your LPE car once it is built.. it's going to be SWEET!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #196
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
All righty now there is some progress to report! My car made it back in the shop!! should have the engine back in this week! WoooHoooo!
If you will notice there is a certain yellow 2ss in the background waiting for parts. I hope they come in soon so both cars can ride back home together!
Attached Images

CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote