Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #29
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I agree, whatever results that are had from an LLT should be expected...or pretty close anyways...for an LFX.

That said, we are still waiting to see final dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times for the RX supercharger project.
Maybe I'll be the first to dyno the RX supercharger!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #30
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Since there seems to be a rash of "brand new" members on the few forums that want to make this a battle between the 2 companies. If your already leany toward the other one then by all means buy theirs. To date we have stayed out of the fights as much as possible but there are so many areas these systems differ (other than both use the same Vortech V3 head unit and power will be the same with either) that if you truely want to compare, then ask the details between the two systems....if it is power, either should give the same power....we only claim to have a design that allows the following:

The RX system does not use the current serpentine belt that already runs the AC, power steering, altenator, water pump. The RX system uses a dedicated separate drive pulley, belt, and tensioner so no addes stress to the OEM belt. This also allows the driver to still drive their car IF the SC belt would fail....you wont be stuck on the side of the road.

The RX system comes with the ONLY oil separating crankcase evacuation system that provides proper evac under both boost and non boost operation while trapping the oil from entering the intake air charge and causing the detonation, etc. you dont want when boosted. Any doubt on how the RX evac system works as PT Killa or any of the others that have retrofit it to their V6 FI build.

With the RX system you have the choice to add the RX Super Chiller system and the liquid to air IC if you choose.

The RX System comes standard with digital boost guage, wideband A/F guage and choice of consol pod or pillar pod....no extra charge.

The RX system offers the uprgaded high pressure direct injection pump for the LLT (we dont have an option for the LFX yet...but in the works).....have not seen anyone else offer this solution (but we are sharing it with RDP/Ohio Speed and HPE and others developing FI systems for the V6 crowd....yes, I help others for the greater good of the family when they are decent and appreaciative and not cold hearted "take no prisoner" marketing attitude that seems the standard for some).

We also have the option of the VMax ice-olator and ported TB if desired (and anyone can order these no matter what system they choose).

The other companies system I expect to work well as the first one seems to clearly do so the decission on who's to buy should be made on the actual systems and the customer service provided after the sale and not because of a public slam fest.

The drivetrain warranty is available from several aftermarket companies (no, GM is NOT offering a warranty on ANY system).

We are not offering financing...the companies weinterviewed and the one we signed up with were 24-28% interest and the hoops they want the applicants tojump through (and they also want the vendor to subsidize it) are unreasonable and we can't see any justification for those rates (yes, they showed us how to advertize it as "interset free" or "low interest" but it was allmarket smoke and mirrors and we dont play those games.

As for rain....no track IHRA or NHRA will allow you to run when they call a rain out. We do not have our own chassis dyno atthis facility and are at the mercy of the few available in our area....and we had a slot scheduled for yesterday and when we arrived they had decided to close early....so were at their mercy.

We CAN make videos of burnouts (we did a short one) or doing donuts with customer cars...but is that what you all want to see?

Our goal at RX is not to battle a competitor...if your leaning toward them by all means, buy theirs. What we do offer is quality and service second to none (just ask any of our customers at any level) and that we have made a huge investment of time and $ in developing products for the modern muscle market with a ton of investment into bringing the V6 crowd mods the mainstream brands did not in the beginning, and I think most are pretty happy some have done this. We also continue to make a huge investment into even more products (cylinder heads are getting closer) but unlike many, we dont come and hype something before it is proven and perfected and released.

So, it appears the ones that seem to appear in the threads with just a few posts and recently joined may actually be sincere.....it usually turns out to be just the opposite. The IP address on several in the past turned out to be the same one under several user names or from the same network or PC that ended up originating at another vendor, etc.

So excuse me if I am leary of some of these that appear to be looking more to stir things up than to really be sincere.

Hope I covered things enough here without being baited into another slam fest as no one wins in the end.

We have been supercharging since the early 70's and turbo charging since the late 70's and have done applications most would not touch. Since we do much of our machining and fabrication in-house changes and improvements are done quickly and it gives us the flexablity to customize as needed.

We are also right in the middle of moving into our new facility (16,000 sq ft with us occupying 8,000 to begin with) and this is no easy feat while still meeting orders and completing builds, but it will allow us to again add our own chassis dyno as well as add 3-4 new assembly lines allowing our production abilities to increase several fold.

So, I thank those that are supporting us.....I ask those that want more data to stay tuned, but I stand behind everything we do and there are enough customers out there with our bulds to ask personally if they reccomend us or not. And those looking to cause trouble, your time can be used far better by attacking the scammers and not someone that does as much as we do for the community as a whole. If you are truely sincere Iwill get you any info I am able to.

Tracy
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #31
Nytemare
Quick 6

Drives: 2010 camaro ls v6
Send a message via Yahoo to Nytemare
Tracy is the man!
besides all this RX is the one that got out v6 off the ground and has been working hard with us from the start! (along with Mace and their accomplishments!) I'm trying to save to go FI and just because of all the hard work designing and testing all of these products, along with the other many RX products I have in my car, they are my first choice 100%!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
Rx is my only choice when I do get an FI setup.

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #33
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Thanks for your post Tracy. I will be honest that what I am waiting for is the kinks to be worked out of the system. I've invested a lot of time and money into my car, and I am heavily invested into a few major shows this summer, with hotel costs and registration fees paid up front. I can't afford to be without my car if something comes up or is not working right. I've got the Hot Rod Power Tour, F-body Gathering and CamaroFest 5 to attend and will be traveling for Atlanta to Detroit to Champaign, IL, to Oklahoma, to Dallas, New Orleans and back to Atlanta, then to Indy for the Fest. I want a product that is ready to go with no "high maintenance" and no necessary added build up of my stock 2LT. If someone can say the product works, it won't strand you on the side of the road 1000's of miles away and you don't have to spend thousands more besides the purchase and install, then I'm ready........and believe me, it will be seen by thousands..........

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #34
Superfreak

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS, 2004 LLY Dually
Thank you for the response Tracy. I am not sure what I walked into here but it seems like a sh1t storm. LOL. Your info is informative. Cheers :-)
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #35
Make It Rain
Account Suspended

Drives: 69 Z28
Thanks Tracy, that answered my questions!
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #36
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
And that's why I am putting an RX SC on my car as opposed to something else.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #37
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
And that's why I am putting an RX SC on my car as opposed to something else.
You and me both brother. Tracy has excellent customer service and works with you. Although he says he's old. I just make him feel good saying he's not lol
Old 05-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #38
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
all this FI debate is awsome hopefully my next duty station is in south GA when i leave here cuz my first road trip will be to tracy's shop. i have full confidence that his products are the best so thats that/

all i want to know is when the hell is the RX site coming back
so i can start filling a wishlist and maybe even a shopping cart
in the mean time can i get a RX performance parts menu. i have a catch can ported TB and a insulator on the way but what else you guys got

and to answer your question h3lls yea I want to see burn out videos
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #39
Make It Rain
Account Suspended

Hopefully Tracy will post numbers some time, I bet they will be awesome!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #40
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
all this FI debate is awsome hopefully my next duty station is in south GA when i leave here cuz my first road trip will be to tracy's shop. i have full confidence that his products are the best so thats that/

all i want to know is when the hell is the RX site coming back
so i can start filling a wishlist and maybe even a shopping cart
in the mean time can i get a RX performance parts menu. i have a catch can ported TB and a insulator on the way but what else you guys got

and to answer your question h3lls yea I want to see burn out videos
To answer your question, to my knowledge RX also makes a ported intake manifold. 325.00 plus a refundable 300.00 core charge. If you want to make your IM pretty talk to Tracy and he'll hand polish it for a nominal fee. They also have a Super Chiller that dramatically lowers operating temps on FI cars thus increasing HP.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #41
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
To answer your question, to my knowledge RX also makes a ported intake manifold. 325.00 plus a refundable 300.00 core charge. If you want to make your IM pretty talk to Tracy and he'll hand polish it for a nominal fee. They also have a Super Chiller that dramatically lowers operating temps on FI cars thus increasing HP.
Yep they do because I have it installed on my build when Tracy had it. I have RX ported and matched everything except for the heads.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #42
Make It Rain
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau0311 View Post
I have a 2012 V6 2LS Camaro. I have a K&N intake (which had to be modified because the air sensor is different than 2010-11) and a magnaflow axle back system installed. I wanted to install a supercharger and wanted some advice/opinions (other than trade in for SS lol) I got my 2012 camaro brand new for 20k so with a supercharger id still have less money in than SS and equal horsepower. Its really just for the street. This is the kit i was looking at (http://www.superchargersonline.com/i...oducts_id=7422)
You are correct, this is the only kit made for a 2012, and the only kit that has posted dyno and 1/4 mile results.

Tags
2012, 2ls, supercharger, v6 engine