Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
gearhead440

Drives: Yellow 2SS, 6 speed manual
BMR rear sway bar simple installation

My BMR rear sway bar ordered from Apex-Speed arrived last night. The roads in our area have been so bad that the UPS driver actually delivered it in his personal vehicle!
Since the temps were above freezing today, I decided to install the bar. Wheels up to wheels down, including beer break and photo comparing stock bar with BMR bar, was 50 minutes. It only took 15 minutes to remove the rear bar from the car. Some aftermarket exhaust may require dismantling but with stock exhaust, the rear bar was easily removed and reinstalled.
The BMR installation instructions included with the bar are well written and easy to follow but I augmented as follows:
I chocked the front wheels, jacked up the passenger side and supported that side with a jack stand. This provided me with sufficient room such that I did not need to jack up the driver’s side.
I unbolted the rear bar and removed it from the passenger’s side since this was the side that was elevated.
I used Green Grease to coat the bar in the area where the bushings were installed, installed the bushings onto the bar and also coated the bushing brackets with a light coating of grease.
I positioned the bar into place, installed the end links into the middle hole and finger tightened the nuts so that the bar was held in place at both ends by the end links, thereby making the bushing bracket installation very easy, especially considering that they were already slightly greased and slipped readily into place.
I tightened the bushing bracket bolts finger tight, tightened the end link bolts, then tightened the bushing brackets and lubed per instructions.
I had previously installed the BMR front bar and selected the middle hole on that bar also. I selected the middle position for the rear bar based on the guidelines presented in the installation instructions and also based on previous advice from Apex Chase.
This is the easiest mod I have done to this vehicle and requires very little effort for the benefits derived and am looking forward to driving – when the ice and snow are gone! I’d like to give a shout out to BMR for product engineering, great instructions and ease of installation and to Apex-Speed for their customer support and selection of products!
Attached Images

Hers & His
gearhead440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Great write up! Thanks for the mention and your continued business. We are fortunate to have such loyal customers.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
gearhead440

Chase,
Thank you and you are most welcome! The ROYALBEE (license plate) Camaro thanks you, so I guess that make us "Royal" customers as well as loyal customers .

Hers & His
Old 01-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead440 View Post
Chase,
Thank you and you are most welcome! The ROYALBEE (license plate) Camaro thanks you, so I guess that make us "Royal" customers as well as loyal customers .
Royal status is hereby bestowed.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
gearhead440

Hey, Royal is also my last name. Now, how many other customers do you have that are part of the "Royal Family" ?

Hers & His
Old 01-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
The rear bar is cake, even for the novice. Glad you didn't have any problems though. There's a trick to the front that makes it cake as well. When/if you get the front one too, Chase is your huckleberry. Great guy that, as you know, will take great care of you.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead440 View Post
Hey, Royal is also my last name. Now, how many other customers do you have that are part of the "Royal Family" ?
Only one! But there are two of you.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Excellent info and thanks for the props!
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote