Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #841
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,309
Yea but since it's rather easy to drain, I wouldn't find it a problem to just empty it a little sooner than you would with the rx
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #842
Rob21sf
 
Rob21sf's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando,FL
Posts: 389
re

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Its designed so you can unscrew the bottom half of the can. So it's a lot easier to do than the way you empty the rx one

That design feature is why I'm getting it!
Rob21sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #843
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob21sf View Post
That design feature is why I'm getting it!
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #844
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]
 
Lil' Nasty's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged LLT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob21sf View Post
That design feature is why I'm getting it!
i really do like the Elite draining feature. I hate having to wait Forever for the oil to drain so it doesnt leak in my engine bay. Nothing against rx, just saying.
__________________
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #845
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,080
Attached Images
 
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #846
SixCyl
 
SixCyl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 694
That looks pretty damn good!
__________________
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #847
The_Grinch
 
The_Grinch's Avatar
 
Drives: car
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Location
Posts: 130
Those are sick Baylor. Why don't you come and park on the street in my neighborhood for a night.



The_Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #848
Nutbutt


 
Nutbutt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western Massachusetts
Posts: 3,382
When I had an RX can I added a small plastic cap over the end of the drain hose to prevent those lingering drops. I also saw a few remove the drain hose after draining and store in the engine compartment for the next draining. I still would prefer a screw off base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
i really do like the Elite draining feature. I hate having to wait Forever for the oil to drain so it doesnt leak in my engine bay. Nothing against rx, just saying.
__________________
1st IPF Supercharged 2011 2LT/RS RJT Convertible
Nutbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #849
SixCyl
 
SixCyl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
When I had an RX can I added a small plastic cap over the end of the drain hose to prevent those lingering drops. I also saw a few remove the drain hose after draining and store in the engine compartment for the next draining. I still would prefer a screw off base.
Smart idea, I just have mine secured with a velcro tie near the top so gravity holds the oil for me.
__________________
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #850
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,309
Anybody been to the track or done some new stuff to the car? I've been itching for some more mods so I've been looking for things to spray paint! It's cheap and keeps me occupied!
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #851
SixCyl
 
SixCyl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Anybody been to the track or done some new stuff to the car? I've been itching for some more mods so I've been looking for things to spray paint! It's cheap and keeps me occupied!
Every time I have a "free," day to go drag racing grad school pulls out the BS card!



And funny you mention mods, my to do list is only about half way done but after getting an updated tune I'm so satisfied with my car that I'm going to be happy for a long time! The original tune from Trifecta made my shifting awesome but I didn't feel too much power. I also noticed my exhaust tips would blacken in a day when before they would go months and months and look clean except for the very bottom. I got a leaned out tune and OH MAN the power is ridiculous. Not to mention my MPG around the city went from 16.5 to 21.5. So at the moment I'm happy, just going to put some headlight armor on my tail lights this Saturday.
__________________
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #852
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
Every time I have a "free," day to go drag racing grad school pulls out the BS card!

And funny you mention mods, my to do list is only about half way done but after getting an updated tune I'm so satisfied with my car that I'm going to be happy for a long time! The original tune from Trifecta made my shifting awesome but I didn't feel too much power. I also noticed my exhaust tips would blacken in a day when before they would go months and months and look clean except for the very bottom. I got a leaned out tune and OH MAN the power is ridiculous. Not to mention my MPG around the city went from 16.5 to 21.5. So at the moment I'm happy, just going to put some headlight armor on my tail lights this Saturday.
Did you have to specifically ask for an updated tune or did Vince actually say something other than "Looks good" when you sent him a log?


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #853
SixCyl
 
SixCyl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 694
I sent in the log to BNR with an email with everything I wanted done, they forwarded it to Vince. Basically I listed out the fuel ratio problem, see if my car could start from 1st gear in S mode, and if he could add the M to S mode function on the upshift button. All I got back was a tune with no explanation so I asked what was changed and I was told only the fuel ratio.
__________________
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #854
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
I sent in the log to BNR with an email with everything I wanted done, they forwarded it to Vince. Basically I listed out the fuel ratio problem, see if my car could start from 1st gear in S mode, and if he could add the M to S mode function on the upshift button. All I got back was a tune with no explanation so I asked what was changed and I was told only the fuel ratio.
Yea, that happens. I don't like that there is no explanation but hey at least an updated tune was included so whatever lol
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.