Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #43
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post

some one change the message on this sign to "Not the real headlights" please.

Sweep
I'll do it with some of the other smileys I'm working on... I might even do a smiley with one of the mule cars and have this guy pointing at the head lights holding a sign that says "Not the real headlights"

Edit:

You can find and vote on the new smiley here.

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 02-26-2008 at 10:22 PM.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #44
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Maybe there should be a quote from Fbodfather under the pictures in the first post. Just a thought.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #45
kunkelz28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
I am on 3 waiting lists at 3 different dealerships and i have been for over a year and I love camaros just as much as anyone here, i have owned 3 and it doesn't matter what the new camaro looks like cause i am still gonna own one , ok I will stop with the headlights I didn't know, but for the rest of the stuff i listed its perfectly legit stuff to complain about. I don't like it when people jerk us around and keep changing stuff along with the production year.
kunkelz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #46
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
I'm loving it... and I'm also impressed that this thread went more than a hour before someone started talking about the headlights... I believe that's a record... lol

LMFAO

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #47
CKarsting

Drives: 2009 Chevy Camaro on pre order
Wow...I normally don't get excited about a car....

Does anyone know where they are doing more testing. I am dying to get ahold of some footage to add to our website?!?!!??!? I am in California and the closest a prototype has been to me is LA. Any heads up on this would be huge.

Thanks
Chad K
Webmaster
http://www.folsomchevy.com
CKarsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #48
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Welcome to the site kunkelz28 and CKarsting!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #49
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Anyone else notice that the driver has a bit of opposite-lock going on in the last picture? He's obviously giving it a little something to slide around the corner...

Overall, really great pics..

~LSx
Old 02-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #50
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Dang these pics keep getting better! True story, my dad used to tow his boat(not that big) with his 3rd gen and now tows a small trailer with his 4th gen when he needs to and has towed a few loaded 6X10 trailers LOL.

Those mufflers... too big, but were gonna be swapped out anyway.

WOOHOO LED 3rd brakelight!!!

I definitely think everyone should put the headlight quote in their sig or better yet the first post someone should put big BOLD letters that say they are not production.

Hmmmm, I wonder where these pics came from? not from Jalopnik? Tran, are you in Sweeden?
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #51
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKarsting View Post
Does anyone know where they are doing more testing. I am dying to get ahold of some footage to add to our website?!?!!??!? I am in California and the closest a prototype has been to me is LA. Any heads up on this would be huge.

Thanks
Chad K
Webmaster
http://www.folsomchevy.com

HEY! I bought my car from your dealership!!!

Welcome

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #52
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkelz28 View Post
They piss me off more every day, first they make the mirrors bigger
bigger mirrors make it easier to see other cars on the road. I'd rather have functional mirrors than tiny cool looking ones,

then they add a B pillar,
B pillars are a inexpensive and light way to make the car strong enough in case of accidents. I'd rather have a b pillar and not die in a crash.

then they tell everyone its gonna be a 2010 model and not an 09,
but they haven't changed the release date. still gonna be released in about a year. kinda like the 2009 cars that are going on sale now along with the 08's. its a really early release for a 2010 model as opposed to a late release for a 2009.

then the gas cap gets moved,
cost and safety. read other threads for more info

then they mess with the headlights,
read my sig

and where did that cowl hood go??
I imagine that not all cars are going to have the exact same hood. but more importantly, what you see on the hood of the car is called camouflage. it tends to hide details like that, thats what its there for

before we know it its gonna have a ford badge on it
Then it would be the best product that Ford ever produced.
And you failed to notice that very little is different from the concept, out of hundreds of possible details there are around 10 that people have picked up on as being different. I don't mean to sound like a jerk when saying this, but it needs to be said in every thread with new shots of the Camaro. You haven't been following as closely as some of us have and you don't know the reasoning behind all these choices, neither do I or 99.99% of the people out there. I gave you, and everyone else the short version of it. Please don't take it personally, I said it as much for you as anyone else that has the same concerns. But there are 2 reasons why it can't be exactly like the concept: safety and cost. Making everything exactly like the concept would be unsafe and cost too much. To make some things safer and still look like the concept would again bring more cost. So keeping that in mind, they have nearly pulled off a miracle to keep it as close as it is.

As for my impressions on this set, I'm glad that GM found a decent photographer . . . oops. I mean I'm glad that someone happened to be in the right place in the right time with a good camera and a steady hand. I wish that they would take all that camo off, but if these pics pre-date the order given by Bob Lutz then there isn't much that can be done. But beyond that, things are looking great.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Last edited by DGthe3; 02-26-2008 at 01:23 PM. Reason: didnt like how I sounded
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #53
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Freakin gorgeous pix!!! I'm loving this! Keep'em coming, please...

And for all those who like comparing their excitement to something going on in their pants, KNOCK IT OFF. I'm sure some people don't care, but let's show some RESPECT for others....some people don't want to hear that ****.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #54
GameOv3r

Drives: 2008 Chevy Aveo
Wow, I'm glad those aren't the production headlamps....seeing them from the front makes the front end look ugly. I bet on the final model GM throws in the concept grill and headlamps
GameOv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #55
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
One more thing I noticed, the rear rotor had slots cut into it but the front doesn't?
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #56
Not The Real Headlights!
Helping the cause

Drives: 2000 NBM SS
About the rear rotors being slotted and the front not: I thought I noticed that too with the last picture update. I guess I'm not crazy afterall.

I'd love to see this thing in red. Can't wait for that, but this car's pre-pro trim is such a relief. I'm glad they didn't bastardize it.
Not The Real Headlights! is offline   Reply With Quote