Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Are dealers no longer taking orders?

I originally called a dealer about 4 days ago, and they said they weren't taking orders.

I called another local dealer and they were happy to take orders still (might do it this weekend).

Got a call from the first dealer again today and they said again they were not taking orders (they got an attitude with me).

So what's the deal. I'm not dumb, I know you can place orders for cars. To me it either says this dealership is closing, or they dont WANT to place orders.
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
or perhaps their waiting list is already so long that they don't want to take your order if they know that it would take forever, if at all, for them to get to your name on their list.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Sinergy

Drives: em crazy.
That's basically all I'm doing. I'm putting my name on a list to get put on the list, all the time hoping there's gonna be some cancellations.
Sinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
Treadstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K3SS View Post
or perhaps their waiting list is already so long that they don't want to take your order if they know that it would take forever, if at all, for them to get to your name on their list.
This is not a limited edition vehicle. In about a year they will be all over. This is not a corvette where allocations really come into play.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleybacker View Post
This is not a limited edition vehicle. In about a year they will be all over. This is not a corvette where allocations really come into play.
search on here about the allocations then, and how many pre-orders are still waiting to be scheduled for production. at this point in time, allocations certainly in play.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
Treadstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K3SS View Post
search on here about the allocations then, and how many pre-orders are still waiting to be scheduled for production. at this point in time, allocations certainly in play.
I don't disagree that there is a wait, but I'd rather wait then be told no period.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
Dealers good, Dealers Not So Good

My closest dealer said they would not take orders until November. Another dealer took my order though delivery for a fully loaded SS may not be until December or January
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
I don't disagree that there is a wait, but I'd rather wait then be told no period.
When they say no, it means they have no spots available. They COULD just lie to you and take your oder knowing there's no way they're going to be able to fill it anytime soon. Is that what you want?

The dealers who say no are at least being honest, and giving you a chance to find a dealer who has spots available.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
swag

Drives: 2002 Chevy S10
wait. so they told you they weren't taking orders the first time you called and then called you again later to tell you they weren't taking orders? sounds like they were trying to rub it in.
swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
SLVRPHX
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I had the exact same situation. My lesson learned is regardless of who you originally order from, stay in touch with the one who won't take your order cause once they will it will probably be for a car they actually have allocated to them. Then if its to your advantage you can place an order there and cancel the original.
SLVRPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
Treadstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by swag View Post
wait. so they told you they weren't taking orders the first time you called and then called you again later to tell you they weren't taking orders? sounds like they were trying to rub it in.
They called and asked if I was interested in any other cars. I said no, and asked if they still weren't taking orders. They said they would be getting some in, and I could buy one through then.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleybacker View Post
They called and asked if I was interested in any other cars. I said no, and asked if they still weren't taking orders. They said they would be getting some in, and I could buy one through then.
So thay can mark it up?

Run Away!

Find a dealer that will order it for you at MSRP, and you will be getting the option that you want, rather than what they could get their hands on. If there isn't one locally, there are plenty of dealers out there willing to take your order ovet the phone/internet.

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
hm, that is pretty lame, you think they would wany the orders.
did they give you a reason?
maybe they are only doing orders for allocated, and not making a list for when the allocation are done?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #14
Wareal

Drives: 911
Dealers taking orders

There are plenty of dealers taking orders with delivery dates as early as July.
Wareal is offline   Reply With Quote