Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #51
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
It says that so you can use 87 for emergencies when you're on E and 91 or 93 is not available so you're not worried about the engine failing.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #52
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
I understand your point exactly. When people talk about gas prices, I am almost ashamed that I do not know or care. I will always go to shell, I know where every one in the state is. Lol. Fill her up " super" here is my 60 bucks and see ya in 200 miles. Lol. Most of America finds this appalling. When people talk about gas prices I almost always find a way to switch the subject because of my point of view. Don't worry I'm not really ashamed but I do know that I am at odds with most people. I do have a jeep and that gets cheap gas from SHELL.
Lol Thank you!

But honestly, I go 1.5 weeks between fill ups. There are times when I look at the news paper and go holy shit the national average is up, where have i been?

Like i am a caveman crawling out from beneath a rock. I feel completely uninformed.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #53
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport

Someone has to say the obvius:

Maybe you should have bought a V-6, then you wouldn't have to worry about having "too much" performance from a V-8 running 93 Octane.These V-8's run much better on 93 octane fuel. My dealer, had put 87 Octane regular in my Rosie, and it felt a bit sluggish. Ran that out of the system, put in 93 Octane (and even though some say it diesn't help manual transmission cars), I did the fuse pull and my seat of the pants performacne evaluation, told me the car ran much better performancewise on 93 octane.

If the difference in price makes you cringe, then run 87 octance. But, no complaining about your car being a bit sliggish need be thrown out on the table later!

Last edited by greenrail; 05-28-2013 at 04:14 PM.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #54
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post

Maybe you should have bought a V-6, then you wouldn't have to worry about having "too much" performance from a V-8 running 93 Octane.
Then the thread would have been "The manual says use 87 but will I get better performance if I use 91/93?"

Old 05-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #55
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post

Maybe you should have bought a V-6, then you wouldn't have to worry about having "too much" performance from a V-8 running 93 Octane.These V-8's run much better on 93 octane fuel. My dealer, had put 87 Octane regular in my Rosie, and it felt a bit sluggish. Ran that out of the system, put in 93 Octane (and even though some say it diesn't help manual transmission cars), I did the fuse pull and my seat of the pants performacne evaluation, told me the car ran much better performancewise on 93 octane.

If the difference in price make syou cringe, then run 87 octance. But, no complaining about your car being a bit sliggish need be thrown out on the table later!
Dude, Ease up. The original post just wanted to know if was possible to use 87.

Last edited by TastyBake; 05-28-2013 at 03:11 PM.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #56
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Yes, I realize that was the question, but, then there was all the banter about its a waste of money, not ncessary, ad nauseum.

Hence my comments.

Last edited by greenrail; 05-28-2013 at 04:15 PM.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote