Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
TheRaven
TheRaven

Drives: 2012 RS Camaro-black
STOCK MUFFLERS

Okay. I've read some post about exhaust deletion on the V6 Camaro. Some said they like it and some said they didn't. Well after the first of the year I went to Rainbow muffler near my house, well 15 miles away in McDonough, Ga. and spoke to the guy at the counter about what I wanted to do and asked the cost. I wanted to delete the mufflers and just run straigh pipes. The guy at the counter said $100 with this croked eyed look at me as if I asked the dumbest request of the year. He recommended I install a set of Magnaflows and gave me a price of $190. He then proceded to advise me that it would be very rapsy and not to pleasant of a sound. Well I said, "Nah, just do the straight pipes". Well, I now realize that I did ask the dumbest request of the year. I thought it would grow on me, but it hasn't and at this point I don't want anything but the stock mufflers back on because the sound is driving me crazy and I get to much attention from the police when I take off from stop lights, etc.

One day in feb I laid down to take an actual look at the job that Rainbow muffler had done.........Let me tell y'all and I'm not deliberatly bashing them, but the weld job they had done is the poorest looking weld job I have ever seen. The did leave about 3 inches on the muffler and cut the tips off flush from the muffler. LOL, one of the tips cracked and you can see not only the sorry weld job to the pipe but the weld they did to fill in the crack on the tip. Now I have to buy new tips and I will weld the stock mufflers back on.

So lesssons learned here is take the advise from prior post about muffler deletion on the V6 and find a reputable technicians who knows how to freakin weld!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Could do a solo axle back with j pipes and get rid of the rasp and get new tips in the process. Seem two people who have done this after a muffler delete.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Add magnaflow resonated xpipe and I guarantee you'll love it.
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
TheRaven
TheRaven

Drives: 2012 RS Camaro-black
Sorry for the delay in response work has got me so busy all I've been doing is going home and sleep. Anyway thank you for the advise and I will for sure look into both suggestions.
TheRaven is offline   Reply With Quote