Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Question about doing a muffler delete

I have a muffler shop ready to do a muffler delete tomorrow but I'm unsure if I should also delete the resonators or not?

Next summer I'll do the full exhaust but for now I'm looking for a better sound.

If anyone has a video clip, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance,
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
Gordo

Drives: CMG 2SS/RS
Not gonna lie the muffler delete sounds like hot garbage smells.You would be much happier finding a used cat back cheap.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
Not gonna lie the muffler delete sounds like hot garbage smells.You would be much happier finding a used cat back cheap.

Sorry bud ..the muffler delete sounds really good. That explains why its a popular mod on the v8.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Sorry bud ..the muffler delete sounds really good. That explains why its a popular mod on the v8.
rontammy0 ; knows his stuff ! One of the best and least expensive mods you can do to make your V8 sound like a monster!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #5
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
2010 Camaro SS Muffler Delete: http://youtu.be/7DkQf-L6rhE
Old 11-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
We have a lot of our club members doing the muffler delete and they sound damn good for a lot less money over changing the system.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #7
Gordo

Quote:
The most popular mod= the money you have vs cost of said most "popular" mod.If you could get full exhaust for the cost of a muffler delete that would be the most popular mod.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #8
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
rontammy0 ; knows his stuff ! One of the best and least expensive mods you can do to make your V8 sound like a monster!
Old 11-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #9
satxrider
Bad 45th

Thanks for video/sound clip. Is that with or without the resonators?
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
Old 11-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #10
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
The most popular mod= the money you have vs cost of said most "popular" mod.If you could get full exhaust for the cost of a muffler delete that would be the most popular mod.
I paid for a magnaflow muffler delete exhaust..so the money issue didn't come into play. It was over 800 installed. But I do agree with most members,,..for a couple hundred dollars its a very good mod.....are you sure your not thinking of the v6 muffler delete..its bad.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #11
satxrider
Bad 45th

In the summer, I'm doing the headers and the Borla ATAK cat back exhaust but this is just to get by until then. Just not sure if I should delete the resonators also.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #12
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by satxrider View Post
In the summer, I'm doing the headers and the Borla ATAK cat back exhaust but this is just to get by until then. Just not sure if I should delete the resonators also.
Here is my car with magnaflow muffler delete..and solo hi flow cats with stock l99 resonators................no headers....the solos really give it good sound.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #13
Gordo

Quote:
I paid for a magnaflow muffler delete exhaust..so the money issue didn't come into play. It was over 800 installed. But I do agree with most members,,..for a couple hundred dollars its a very good mod.....are you sure your not thinking of the v6 muffler delete..its bad.
I wouldn't have posted if he was asking about a v6,Just revving is one thing but under a load and acceleration not so much.The mufflers just smooth it out and give it a better tone.But that's just IMO.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #14
cj04

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
Quote:
I wouldn't have posted if he was asking about a v6,Just revving is one thing but under a load and acceleration not so much.The mufflers just smooth it out and give it a better tone.But that's just IMO.
I agree 100%. Do not enjoy the sound of the muffler delete.
cj04 is offline   Reply With Quote