Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Unhappy OSHAWA TRUCK PLANT CLOSES

Today marks yet another sad day in GM's history, with the closure of the Oshawa Truck Plant, after 46 years of production. I choose not to get into the politics behind the closure, but rather the opposite.

I, as a loyal GM customer and owner, all my life, feel sad with the last fullsize GM truck to roll off the line, and closure of the truck plant. I wish to take this opportunity to thank each and every person (male & female) who was part of the production plant that put, not only our country, but the province of Ontario, and more importantly the city of Oshawa on the international map.

It's a sad day that I cannot even begin to imagine, for each of those employees, that worked there over the years, producing #1 quality trucks enjoyed around the world. To you, the employees, you should be VERY PROUD, and hold your head up high, knowing you've put the best years of your life, into producing top quality products. Also, you've proven, through media spots, that, this wasn't just a job involving co-workers, but you were all a PROUD AND CLOSE FAMILY of employees...to this I honour you

In closing I wish you ALL the very best in your future endeavours, no matter what they are and/or where they take you, as you have made every Canadian, and beyond, VERY PROUD! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
A sad day indeed, I wish nothing but the best for all those from the plant.

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
Tom_K

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS
Is this part of the Camaro plant or is it separate? I'm sorry to see it close too. Our GM truck plant in Janesville, WI also closed this year. It leaves one feeling a little empty.
Tom_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_K View Post
Is this part of the Camaro plant or is it separate? I'm sorry to see it close too. Our GM truck plant in Janesville, WI also closed this year. It leaves one feeling a little empty.
Separate plant on the same grounds.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post

In closing I wish you ALL the very best in your future endeavours, no matter what they are and/or where they take you, as you have made every Canadian, and beyond, VERY PROUD! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Same here. A sad day indeed...
Old 05-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
Morepwr
woohoo

Drives: Silverado, 70cutlass, 57chevy&more
Well said Squalo. I too am driving a chevy truck that was built there and it has 164,xxx miles on it and not one major repair besides regular wear items. (starter, radiator, etc) I love that truck and am extremely happy with it.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Now they can open a second Camaro line there.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Same here.. '02 Silverado 190K. Runs flawlessly. Not a speck of rust. Really great truck.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Today marks yet another sad day in GM's history, with the closure of the Oshawa Truck Plant, after 46 years of production. I choose not to get into the politics behind the closure, but rather the opposite.

I, as a loyal GM customer and owner, all my life, feel sad with the last fullsize GM truck to roll off the line, and closure of the truck plant. I wish to take this opportunity to thank each and every person (male & female) who was part of the production plant that put, not only our country, but the province of Ontario, and more importantly the city of Oshawa on the international map.

It's a sad day that I cannot even begin to imagine, for each of those employees, that worked there over the years, producing #1 quality trucks enjoyed around the world. To you, the employees, you should be VERY PROUD, and hold your head up high, knowing you've put the best years of your life, into producing top quality products. Also, you've proven, through media spots, that, this wasn't just a job involving co-workers, but you were all a PROUD AND CLOSE FAMILY of employees...to this I honour you

They should build a new GM plant in the biggest market in the United States.......................................... LOS ANGELES.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote