Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #1
Wiskey

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro
Front drivers side speaker cutting out

Hello all!

I have an issue I need the dealer to help with but I'm having trouble figuring out where it is coming from. When I hit bumps in the road my front drivers side speakers will cut in and out and make a sortof "crackle" when they do.

First, has anyone experienced this?

Second, I have trouble figuring out if it's the one in the dash or the door. I have the 1LT V6, is the dash on the left of the gauges just a tweeter? Or is it a full range speaker like the door?

This usually happens at speed and usually it cuts out for only a few seconds, though I had it cut out for about a full min when I was on the freeway the other day but I was not able to pull over fast enough to find out what speakers were not working.

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:50 PM   #2
edgehead2000
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T

Drives: Nemesis
Flaky speakers are common on the 6th gens. I've had the issue and had it fixed under warranty.
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:02 AM   #3
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Door speakers are just bass.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #4
nfboy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgehead2000 View Post
Flaky speakers are common on the 6th gens. I've had the issue and had it fixed under warranty.
That's a rather broad statement. Fact or fake news? Alternative fact...great speakers are common in the 6th gen. I have had no issues and find them better than many cars i have owned.

Sorry could not resist.
nfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #5
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfboy View Post
That's a rather broad statement. Fact or fake news? Alternative fact...great speakers are common in the 6th gen. I have had no issues and find them better than many cars i have owned.

Sorry could not resist.
try harder next time....
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:33 PM   #6
gw6211

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskey View Post
Hello all!

I have an issue I need the dealer to help with but I'm having trouble figuring out where it is coming from. When I hit bumps in the road my front drivers side speakers will cut in and out and make a sortof "crackle" when they do.

First, has anyone experienced this?

Second, I have trouble figuring out if it's the one in the dash or the door. I have the 1LT V6, is the dash on the left of the gauges just a tweeter? Or is it a full range speaker like the door?

This usually happens at speed and usually it cuts out for only a few seconds, though I had it cut out for about a full min when I was on the freeway the other day but I was not able to pull over fast enough to find out what speakers were not working.

Whiskey
why is it that you need to figure it out? Just take it in, geez
gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:06 AM   #7
tcal780

Drives: 16 1SS White M6
I have the same problem with the dash speaker. For me, it's most prevalent/noticeable with the door chime.
Naturally, dealer couldn't reproduce the issue. I will wait a little longer, put some more miles on it and hope to nail down more specific circumstances where the crackling issue can be recreated easily.
tcal780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #8
m666etal

Drives: Civic
To people facing this issue. Is this happening with all speakers or only non Bose speakers?
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #9
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskey View Post
The dealer is going to have a hard time troubleshooting an intermittent problem like this. Nowhere will it be logged which speaker was affected. Best you wait until you have a better idea what is going on. The dealer is not going to take everything apart and check connections if they don't know where to start. So don't waste your time.
ctrlz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #10
warriordave927
Deadpool

Drives: 2016 camaro lt rs m6 redhot
I have the same issue mine has the boae system and it seems to be the speaker on the dash close to the windshield on the driver side,are these hard to remove,does the whole dash have to be removed to get to these,i know i can just take to the dealer and have it fixed but would like to know how they are removed
warriordave927 is offline   Reply With Quote