Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #85
YLWJKT

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I sold my '67 back in '87. I didn't have to and I regret it still.
YLWJKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #86
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
I wanna be that guy that still has his Camaro he bought new 30-40 years ago. My buddy Jim bought a Daytona Yellow 69 Z/28 brand new and still has it today. I think that is just the coolest thing.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #87
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
I won't be getting rid of mine. I plan on modding the heck out of it after it's paid off.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #88
Wayner2k2

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
I want to, but I don’t think I will. Don’t get me wrong, I love everything about this car. Even the parts that people pick to death. Yes, that includes the dash, passenger seat, sun visors, etc. To me it’s the sum and not the individual parts. I think we all have to agree that GM was spot on with this car! Anyway, I’m thinking about selling it before I leave for Iraq this fall and ordering a new Z-28 when I get back.
Wayner2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #89
Plainfield
2010, 2LT RS Transformer

Drives: '10 2LT Camaro & '70 Challenger R/T
I plan on keeping this one as long as it will get me from point A to point B without me having to cross my fingers.

The only other daily driver car I ever owned was my 98 Camaro that I traded in to get this one. The only reason I traded it in was because it wouldn't pass the Illinois emissions test that it was scheduled for. It wasn't economically smart to pay to fix it up, since it was turning into a money pit, so instead I bought a new one. I also really wanted the Transformer version, and I knew time was running out, since only 3 were left on the market within a 400 mile radius of my house.

However, I do miss the T-tops, now that it is nice outside. At least I have a sunroof so I don't feel like I'm in a cage. I also miss feeling so low to the ground. The new one feels a little higher.

However, it is awesome to be driving around in Bumblebee as a high school teacher. My students are in awe. They say they like it even more then the 70 Challenger that I drive to school in every once in awhile. (obviously not the daily driver)
Plainfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #90
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I believe we do have an excise tax, or they will be putting it on us soon. And I'd pay 10% sales tax to buy my camaro (wouldn't if it was say a dvd though). I've been paying this 7% sales tax since as far back as I can remember (I'm 24) so paying it is no big whoop to me (though obviously I would like to pay 0% but that ain't going to happen). I know you guys just got the 6.5% so you might still hate paying it. State government has got to run somehow.
Not to fuel a political debate but with all due respect, your mindset is part of the problem. "State government has got to run somehow". Yes they do and they need to learn how to do it with less. Instead it is we citizens who have to figure out how to make do with less and less and less and continue our acquiescence to their lack of respect for our wallets? Our tax rates continue to rise and so does inflation. You do the math. If we all had to sit down and write a check out at the end of the year for all the taxes we pay, we all would be electing different people into office.

I'll step off of my soapbox now....

Onto the subject at hand. Owning a 2LT RS, I can't say I'd never sell it because I know down the road it's not going to be as special as a V8. I'll keep it for as long as I can, mod it as much as I can get away with modding it and when it's worn out, I'll go from there I guess.

I may pull the trigger on a 'vert down the road. Not sure if I'll do the V8 though. I'll give it another year to see what kind of boost options are available for the V6.

I will say that I absolutely love my Camaro (and the subsequent culture that goes with it.) This from a staunch import owner of many years.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #91
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
Probably so! Still driving my 93 Z bought new from showroom floor. She's my daily driver with 92,000 miles on her.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #92
BANZAIKEV
Cap'n of the Black Pearl

Drives: Black 1LT/RS/M6 W/Black interior
I will someday probably upgrade to a Z/28 or a 2SS. I want more power

Camaro5-DFW member
BANZAIKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #93
jonm38

Drives: 2016 Siliverado LT. Camaro SS
No!!!

I do not plan to sell, trade my Camaro. Why I say that, My Camaro was born on my late Grandfathers birthday. I have gave up other GEN's for my new Camaro. It is admazing car. I do plan on showing it at what ever show there is, GM National's, Camaro 5 Fest. So on. My Camaro happened for a reason. My late GrandFather July 3rd, 1918, My Camaro July 3rd, 2009.
Has anyone had that happen to them? When your Camaro was built on a families birthday?

[/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBDOGG1986 View Post
I have been asked lately if I plan on keeping my car for a long time or if I may let it go....Being as to alot of you may have had maybe a 1st-4th Gen in the past and also may have recently got rid of it and regret it now. Some of you are now trading or selling your 5th. Let me ask you guys the same question those who still have there's will you ever let it go for any reason?And for those who had.... a "camaro" Do you Regret the fact that you have let any Gen of yours go?

My answer.... I will never let mine go, it will have to be taken by force lol

USN - 1990 - 1994

2010 Camaro 2SS Red Jewel
jonm38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #94
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm38 View Post
I do not plan to sell, trade my Camaro. Why I say that, My Camaro was born on my late Grandfathers birthday. I have gave up other GEN's for my new Camaro. It is amazing car. I do plan on showing it at what ever show there is, GM National's, Camaro 5 Fest. So on. My Camaro happened for a reason. My late GrandFather July 3rd, 1918, My Camaro July 3rd, 2009.
Has anyone had that happen to them? When your Camaro was built on a families birthday?

My Camaro was built on 5/1/09, which is my son's birthday and also the day my Dad retired...

The CO was dated 5/6/09, which is my wedding anniversary and my husband and I bought the Camaro for our anniversary!!!...

It was delivered to the dealer on 5/18/09, which was my sister's 18th wedding anniversary, and 8 months since my Dad died...

We picked it up on 5/19/09, which was my parent's wedding anniversary, and the 1st one they would be spending together in heaven since my Mom died in 1994...

BTW, I ordered my Camaro on 1/2/09, so I had NO IDEA when my car would be built or delivered...

I wouldn't trade my Camaro for all the money in the world...

It means the world to me, especially with all the magical dates attached to it...

And, I was also blessed enough to receive a signed litho from Mike Judge, and I have the shock tower signed by the Fbodfather , John Fitzpatrick, Al Oppenheiser, Cheryl Pilcher, and John Cox - all from GM...
Old 05-29-2010, 09:14 PM   #95
dmax86

Drives: 2016 Z06 C7R
KEEP IT! buy both! I just put heads and cam on mine!!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #96
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
EVERYTHING has it's moment in time.

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #97
ramar
2nd Childhood

Drives: Synergy Green
I plan to keep this Camaro forever..First I love this car and second..hubby will only buy if he can pay for it, no loans. So I traded my 2004 SSR for this Camaro and when it is old with a ton of miles on it, I sure won't be able to trade for a new anything and be able to pay the difference. So am glad I like this car so much.
ramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #98
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Keeping mine unless someone offers up the right amount to buy it!!!! It's so much fun modding this car I don't know how I could just get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote