Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-09-2010, 05:07 AM   #15
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I installed my Maggie myself. I ran into two issues with the instructions but both were simple. It doesn't tell you to install the brass plug in the top of the intercooler radiator. Luckily I had spoken to someone prior to my install that found out the messy way that it needed put in. The other was the attachment of the lower coolant hoses on the same radiator. I installed them per instruction but then couldn't route them properly without kinking them. No problem I just pulled it back out and rotated them a bit. Other than that I thought the instructions were great and very easy to follow. My install took awhile but I was working solo almost the entire time. A second set of hands would have shaved hours off the project. With the basic mechanical knowledge you stated you have, you should be able to do it without to much grief.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #16
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Looks like a maggie, I'd like to get the Bell instructions but can't find them and no response to my e-mails. Whipple was very responsive but there are a few parts in the instructions that make me nervous. Specificaly:
Installed ARP bolt. Torque to 240 foot pounds. NOTE: On the 6 speed car apply parking brake, shift car into 1st gear and have a assistant apply the brakes to torque the bolt. On the automatic trans car unbolt the starter and install GM KENT MOORE J45059 tool to torque bolt. I have no idea what that means or how to accomplish that, googled the tool it's $500... I really like the whipple kit though.
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #17
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Old 10-10-2010, 02:25 AM   #18
GTRDIABLO

Drives: Black with silver stripes and 22s
Go for it I did the Maggie in a weekend by myself. Gonna need a extra set of hands to route the hoses and drop the supercharger on. But other than that it was a breeze. Just watch the brass plug in the intercooler and the hoses on the intercooler face the back of the car.
GTRDIABLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #19
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
why would you take it to Texas for a install and not have a shop in Burque do it?

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #20
bigsquirrel

There are very few good shops in abq. And from what I've heard even less with experience on our cars. I've just heard to many horror stories to go local.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #21
bigsquirrel

I ordered today went with a whipple after clearing up some confusion. My next thread will either be titled DIY or HELP!!7!! I'M FUBAR!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #22
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
I went with the MagnaCharger and will be installing this weekend, I might have to hijack your thread
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #23
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
I ordered today went with a whipple after clearing up some confusion. My next thread will either be titled DIY or HELP!!7!! I'M FUBAR!
Good luck man. Spin those wrenches. Half the fun is doing it yourself then grinning while driving the piss out of it knowing you built the car! Im liking the Whipple!

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #24
GJG

question for anyone who might know......

i have the L99 with headers, cai and tune by LMR. AFM has be deleted with the LMR tune.

If i install a maggie with the included Magnacharger tune will it reset all the defaults causing me to lose the AFM delete?.....or does the magnacharger tune also delete the afm????
Old 10-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #25
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post

Great Choice. You won't be disappointed.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #26
GJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
question for anyone who might know......

i have the L99 with headers, cai and tune by LMR. AFM has be deleted with the LMR tune.

If i install a maggie with the included Magnacharger tune will it reset all the defaults causing me to lose the AFM delete?.....or does the magnacharger tune also delete the afm????
bump.......