Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Went to another dealer today.

I went to another dealer today that I was riding by and thought I'd drop in to see what they had to say.

I was greeted by a guy that seemed to be not so happy to be there. Which I could understand given the horrible car sales market. I walked up to him. I said I would like some info on the camaro. He said ok what would you like to know. I asked how many allocations they were getting. He said 15. My jaw about to hit the floor. Thinking to myself, there is no way they have 15 when this is such a small dealer compared with the others I have already checked that are bigger and are only getting 3 or 5 allocations. I said ok how many do you have left. He said that they had sold 8. Ok so are you all putting the "Market Price Adjustment" on it. No we are not. The other dealers around here are putting at least 5,000 on top of sticker. We are only putting 2,000. But you just said you weren't going to mark it up. Oh but its only 2,000. Its still a deal compared to the other dealers. Well I have checked around and you are the first one that has told me you are putting anything over sticker on it. He didn't know what to say....lol... He then said well the ABL is going to look great on the doors and dash.... Did I miss something somewhere? I thought the ABL was NOT going to be on the dash. Anyway.... I asked him if he had been to camaro5.com he said no that he did not go to the camaro fanatic websites because it was just abunch of people that didn't have any useful info. I told him he should come and check it out and left....

I can't believe some of the dealers. Just thought I would share my experience with the rest of you.
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
I went to another dealer today that I was riding by and thought I'd drop in to see what they had to say.

I was greeted by a guy that seemed to be not so happy to be there. Which I could understand given the horrible car sales market. I walked up to him. I said I would like some info on the camaro. He said ok what would you like to know. I asked how many allocations they were getting. He said 15. My jaw about to hit the floor. Thinking to myself, there is no way they have 15 when this is such a small dealer compared with the others I have already checked that are bigger and are only getting 3 or 5 allocations. I said ok how many do you have left. He said that they had sold 8. Ok so are you all putting the "Market Price Adjustment" on it. No we are not. The other dealers around here are putting at least 5,000 on top of sticker. We are only putting 2,000. But you just said you weren't going to mark it up. Oh but its only 2,000. Its still a deal compared to the other dealers. Well I have checked around and you are the first one that has told me you are putting anything over sticker on it. He didn't know what to say....lol... He then said well the ABL is going to look great on the doors and dash.... Did I miss something somewhere? I thought the ABL was NOT going to be on the dash. Anyway.... I asked him if he had been to camaro5.com he said no that he did not go to the camaro fanatic websites because it was just abunch of people that didn't have any useful info. I told him he should come and check it out and left....

I can't believe some of the dealers. Just thought I would share my experience with the rest of you.
Rrrriiiiigggghhhhhtttt... Umm; move onto another dealer, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
So which dealer was it?? Put the name up here so we can all know!!
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
what a jerk. The ABL is only in the doors at this time.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
You shouldn't have invited him onto this site, after his remark, since we "don't know anything" according to him. We don't need people like him, we're HAPPY with what we have. He obviously hates his job, not to mention his life, after treating you the way he did.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
cam2fst4u

Why is it that the only salesperson that knows what they are talking about is camaroscotty? I think GM should recruit him and let him go around to the other dealerships and teach them lol

I doubt this guy will even get on here. But if he does maybe he will learn something
Old 03-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Why is it that the only salesperson that knows what they are talking about is camaroscotty? I think GM should recruit him and let him go around to the other dealerships and teach them lol

I doubt this guy will even get on here. But if he does maybe he will learn something
Don't forget RPO_Z28 and TeamLynn! There's a couple of others I've forgotten..
Old 03-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
Quote:

I know these guys give us a bad name. Most people only tell of the bad experience. There are many sales guys and gals who know what they are talking about. The top salesman are already busy and the rookies are at the door. I am surprised you guys don't have a car guy you trust to get your info from.
I have to go on record and say I know what I am talking about. I also have to be able to go to a Malibu forum a Corvette,Silverado,Cobalt etc and know what I am talking about.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
cam2fst4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by espo19047 View Post
I know these guys give us a bad name. Most people only tell of the bad experience. There are many sales guys and gals who know what they are talking about. The top salesman are already busy and the rookies are at the door. I am surprised you guys don't have a car guy you trust to get your info from.

everyone around here seems to be in the dark about the camaro. The guy i usually go to has been getting his info from me...lol... and i get most of my info from here.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
cam2fst4u

oh yea forgot....he said the reveal was May 1st not may 6th is this true?
Old 03-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #11
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I've been to four dealers re the Canmaro. Its amazing what the sales people don't know. I don't think most of them care if they are trying to sell new Chevrolets or referigerators at Sam's appliance ctr. These are not car people only salesmen in it for the bucks. Overall the trip to a car dealer can be a very negative experience.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #12
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
Don't forget RPO_Z28 and TeamLynn! There's a couple of others I've forgotten..
there are at least 6 if not closer to 10-12 on here that are at least somewhat active. that said theres a couple more that dont post much but you see them pop in and out on occasion.
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #13
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Quote:
Agreed. I wish we had a dealer like him in SoCal. The guy I ordered from was pretty cool, but he still didn't know as much as I did about the car (asked if I wanted HID lamps without the RS package...) and he wouldn't accept GM discounts.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #14
CAMAROCOP

Drives: 2LT/RS IBM
Thumbs up

I ordered from Tom Henry in Bakerstown, PA. The young salesman I talked to first did not know much about ordering the Camaro, but at least he went to the owner(Thanks Tom) and got the info for me. I didn't order until early March so I have a while to wait, but the dealership was top notch in the ordering process. I told them that I got alot of information from this site and the owner knew all about it.(kind of put me at ease.)