Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-22-2013, 01:36 AM   #519
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
But they've already done the initial testing most company's do. Most company's show dyno runs of stock and then their product. They have those tests done and displayed in their vendor thread. What we are trying to get them to do, test against another reputable tune, is something they are taking time to allow to happen. But I also fully understand that you place priority on customers who buy products from you because at the end of the day, this is a business and you want to keep customers happy. So i understand when they say they have to get tuning modules to supercharger customers.
I edited my earlier thread as this thread is trifecta vs IPF and IPF agreed to help early to allow this and then haven't done anything to allow this comparison. It leads to believe it is not in their best interest to have a side by side comparison.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #520
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
I edited my earlier thread as this thread is trifecta vs IPF and IPF agreed to help early to allow this and then haven't done anything to allow this comparison. It leads to believe it is not in their best interest to have a side by side comparison.
I understand what you're saying. All I'm saying is that if you only have 5 tuning modules to go around (completely hypothetical number btw) and you have 7 customers who need tunes, and 1 member wanting to test your product, who do you give priority to?

I mean sure you want to get the comparison out to "prove" your product but you of course give priority to those who have already paid for your product. Sounds like a simple decision to me.

Not to mention the fact that they already did a dyno test themselves and posted it.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #521
OOLIE

Quote:
I understand what you're saying. All I'm saying is that if you only have 5 tuning modules to go around (completely hypothetical number btw) and you have 7 customers who need tunes, and 1 member wanting to test your product, who do you give priority to?

I mean sure you want to get the comparison out to "prove" your product but you of course give priority to those who have already paid for your product. Sounds like a simple decision to me.

Not to mention the fact that they already did a dyno test themselves and posted it.
With total respect to you lscamaro

If your product can speak for itself you let it. Getting out a tune to prove that first is a non brainer. I have been self employed for 17 years so I understand how to compete against competition and it is when you have momentum you squash them. This did not happen so I scratch my head.

Personally I would like to see these gains and would adjust if it is worth my while but right noe can't see anything but hype I hope I am wrong.

This was set up for a sis by side comparison which isn't happening and IPF is the reason.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #522
lscamaro

Quote:
With total respect to you lscamaro

If your product can speak for itself you let it. Getting out a tune to prove that first is a non brainer. I have been self employed for 17 years so I understand how to compete against competition and it is when you have momentum you squash them. This did not happen so I scratch my head.

Personally I would like to see these gains and would adjust if it is worth my while but right noe can't see anything but hype I hope I am wrong.
No offense taken at all oolie.

I completely understand what you're saying. But what of the dyno graphs they gave comparing the two tunes?

Last edited by lscamaro; 02-22-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 AM   #523
OOLIE

Quote:
No offense taken at all oolie.

I completely understand what you're saying. But what of the dyno graphs they gave comparing the two tunes?
Was there a side by side comparison? I must have missed it and if so i owe an oppology What I saw was IPF dyno vs trifecta dyno. Dynos under different circumstances are meaningless.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:47 AM   #524
lscamaro

Quote:
Was there a side by side comparison? I must have missed it and if so i owe an oppology What I saw was IPF dyno vs trifecta dyno. Dynos under different circumstances are meaningless.
Page 14. Blue is trifecta, green is ipf. Done on same day, with same mods, on same car, on same dyno

Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #525
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
All I have done through this is ask for a totally independant test my non affiliated from either side.....no slamming (enough of that we battle from the soullless business minded). Stating facts, and and it would not be fair for us to do a test ourselves and post up, and it would have to be the latest from both companies arguing....not a year old tune compared to a latest tweaked one.

Just make it fair.

Does it even matter how old the tune is? All I do from Trifecta is ask for updates after I put on a new mod and it's always the same story... "Everything looks good". With that in mind, I'm lead to believe that the car is at it's best so why does how old the tune is matter?

Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #526
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
I understand people wanting to see side by side again. In my eyes it would be great. But does IPF really have to do this? What other companies do this for us? It took a lot to get the CAI done. Just to pick something I'm sure there are exhaust companies that claim to give more HP than others. Did they have independent testing done for us? As I posted earlier I have no tune because I did not think the gains were worth the cost.
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #527
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
I understand people wanting to see side by side again. In my eyes it would be great. But does IPF really have to do this? What other companies do this for us? It took a lot to get the CAI done. Just to pick something I'm sure there are exhaust companies that claim to give more HP than others. Did they have independent testing done for us? As I posted earlier I have no tune because I did not think the gains were worth the cost.
This is what I'm getting at. All I'm saying is they don't have to do it but they said they would try to get it done. How many other companies have done that?

Yes, they have an independent dyno run. It's on their vendor page for their tune.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #528
SNV

Quote:
This is what I'm getting at. All I'm saying is they don't have to do it but they said they would try to get it done. How many other companies have done that?

Yes, they have an independent dyno run. It's on their vendor page for their tune.
All we ever get is A dyno run from everybody lol.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #529
Untouchable Keeve

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Just out of curiousity, what kinds of gains are you looking vs. the cost?
Untouchable Keeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #530
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Is 20 - 30 HP worth 450 - 600 bucks? (depending on your state of mods)

That is what we are promised to get with the IPF tune over stock. If you've bought pretty much any other bolt on on the market, then that pretty much says you feel the gains are worth the cost b/c the return is as good or better than most bolt ons per dollar.

Of course, this also has the chance to killing your warranty should you ever need it, and GM finds out you are tuned, so maybe that isn't worth it to some.

With Trifecta, you pay even less, but are the gains less as well? So if this is true (just making a situation here) then it all comes down to how much are you willing to pay for power?

I don't think we should EXPECT Trifecta or IPF to do a comparison test versus their compeition. That said, I agree with OOLIE in that if you have the superior product, you should push it and prove to everyone that you are the better choice. Where my opinion may differ a little, is that I feel IPF may have the better product here...albit higher in cost. Can I prove without a shadow of a doubt it is better? No, but at least we have the dyno graphs now to help make that decision and we do have a side by side comparison, even though some people may feel it wasn't a fair comparison.

Until we get these cars on a track together, with both tunes tested, not eveyone is going to be satisfied with what they see here, and even then there will still be nay-sayers lol
Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #531
SNV

Good question haha. I guess it was more of a disappointment when the trifecta tune came out. When you looked at other tunes for different cars. I guess I was looking for more of a 20hp range. At a better cost when it was first released. If the gains are true for IPF tune I still think I would wait for a price drop. I do think a lot of mods for our cars or overpriced :(.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #532
SNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Is 20 - 30 HP worth 450 - 600 bucks? (depending on your state of mods)

That is what we are promised to get with the IPF tune over stock. If you've bought pretty much any other bolt on on the market, then that pretty much says you feel the gains are worth the cost b/c the return is as good or better than most bolt ons per dollar.

Of course, this also has the chance to killing your warranty should you ever need it, and GM finds out you are tuned, so maybe that isn't worth it to some.

With Trifecta, you pay even less, but are the gains less as well? So if this is true (just making a situation here) then it all comes down to how much are you willing to pay for power?
I jumped on airaid when it first came out . My other mods Flowmaster axle back (I got that for a great price) I wasn't worried so much about gains with it. I hated the look of stock mufflers and wanted a better sound. DT shorties was a gift more the most part. All it cost me was install. I wanted them for more sound plus a little gain. Ice-olator was about cost vs gains. Myself along with I'm sure a lot of members didn't think the tune would be so much of a problem for our cars.