Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Best Sunday comic ever?

Does anyone read the comics anymore? I remember growing up on the farm, when cartoons where only for Saturday mornings, and the comics were my way to laugh at the rediculous and escape reality. When I got home from school the first thing I would do every day is read the "funnies"...if my Dad was done with the crossword. I was almost religious about it. Sundays were a fight between everyone of who got the big Sunday comics first.

Just reminiscing, and it's not like this was that long ago, but with the advent of the internet, and more children's networks than should even be considered available now...it already seems like a relic. So I wonder how many of our younger crowd on here have any idea what I'm talking about...Anyway....

Calvin and Hobbes gets my vote. Gary Patterson is a genius at getting in a boy's head, and making the philosophical views of Hobbes are just...amazing.

Second would have to be Gary Larson's "The Far Side". Standard stocking-stuffer for me growing up was a new Far Side calender.

Lots of third place possibilities, I'll let some others post their favorites to see if any I've forgotten take the cake!
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Thwick

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes. I bought the collector's set a while back, its all the comics, put into 3 volumes, as well as pages of Bill Waterson's thoughts and the history of the series, etc. And every page is glossy.

Never been one for the far side as much though. I usually find it hit and miss with me.
Thwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Those are good! I used to read them, but just don't take the time anymore....you know too busy whoring.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwick View Post
I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes. I bought the collector's set a while back, its all the comics, put into 3 volumes, as well as pages of Bill Waterson's thoughts and the history of the series, etc. And every page is glossy.

Never been one for the far side as much though. I usually find it hit and miss with me.
Where did I get Gary Patterson from, I wonder? That's what I get for trying to go from memory.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Don't know the name, but the sarcastic husband and wife single cell comics is #2, she can't drive and he thinks he's 24 and single... Calvin & Hobbs is numero uno.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote