Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Im pretty sure he knows that..... I drive a 2LT RS and I get stares all the time. 90 percent of the people could never tell a v6 from a v8 only the people on here can.. I bought what i wanted and love it! and you v8 guys on here are the only ones that talk shit about them
You own a Camaro! Your right a lot of the V8 guys are rude about it. If they were so rich why didnt they buy a ZL1? Because they bought what they too could afford !
Old 11-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrocket View Post
many times Ive caught people taking a pic of my car,a lowly 1 LS at that!!
There are no "lowly" 5th Gen Camaros. And that is coming from a V8 guy.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #17
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerss View Post
You own a Camaro! Your right a lot of the V8 guys are rude about it. If they were so rich why didnt they buy a ZL1? Because they bought what they too could afford !
Now you're taking it in the direction that usually gets the thread locked. You don't know why anyone bought what they bought.

Enjoy yours. Quit worrying about others.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #18
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
you got this right... Then try having the "Bumblebee" Camaro. The attention trickles down to even 6 years olds pointing and running down the sidewalk to "race" me. I love every minute!!!
bandier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I love all Camaros! All Chevys for that matter!!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
One friend's BMW X5 costs $800 per oil change. Another friend's Audi A6 needed a headlight... that set him back $700. Most of my friends who own economy cars get only very marginally better (and sometimes the same) MPGs as the car I drive... only, their economy cars suck a significant measure of dignity right out of the driver with every minute spent behind the wheel, and, in a crash, they lose. And the REST of my friends? Not one gets to experience the selfish pleasure of regular adoration from the public at gas stations, red lights, and the parking lot of (insert name of ANY business!). Hell, I just discovered that one of my friends (a casual acquaintance, not a close buddy) has a picture of MY Camaro as his primary photo on FB... he's not claiming it as his own, to his credit, but does enjoy the "guilt by association!". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Am I being pompous? Yes, blatantly so, but only here, on these pages shared with others in the same boat... to my friends, humility is what garners mutual respect for each other.
I'll assume you don't have the RS Package…… Those headlamps will set you back around $1000 a piece provided you don't go through somewhere like GMPartshouse where they will be around $760 each + Shipping. Just saying….
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I love all Camaros! All Chevys for that matter!!
Great to have you as a fan! What is your favorite feature on the Camaro?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #22
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
I liked my rental camaro but doesn't it annoy you to see your car 5 times every minute when you are out and about ? I see more Camaro's then Mustangs nowadays...
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
I rented an LS back in the Fall of 2010. Man did I like the look (and the looks I got) when I was driving it around Tampa Bay. Alamo just got them in that day so I was one of the first to rent one. I actaully had a couple of girls walk up to the car while I was pulling out of a mall thinking I was Van Diesel...lol

It was totally the car, so yeah the 5th Gen is a killer design IMO.
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #24
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
I'll assume you don't have the RS Package Those headlamps will set you back around $1000 a piece provided you don't go through somewhere like GMPartshouse where they will be around $760 each + Shipping. Just saying.
This is what I was thinking when I read the first post. I was like yeah... I think my headlights cost more than that, sucks for me having bad ass headlights that I love.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #25
Bucci
Bucci

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow SS View Post
Its a strange feeling to look over at the next car and they are sometimes staring hard at the car or sometimes snapping a quick pic with their cellphone cameras.
Yes, I see it all the time as well. Camaros are just a pleasure to drive, you really have to love these cars!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #26
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
i think its more of annoying thing. i mean sometimes i kind of get annoyed how much more money i spent on my car. when it gets the same looks at times. well i guess that's just GM doing a really good job right?

again both cars are nice!

on a side note, my 2013 Gt500 comes this spring.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #27
IkoIko
IkoIko

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to IkoIko
The V6s are mako, banshee sexy and are every bit a Camaro as any other. If my last three cars hadn't been six cylinders, I would have purchased one. But alas, I felt overdue for a V8. Camaros are Camaros and as long as they have been on the market there has been a six cylinder option. So, enough of the inside bickering... We all should agree that Camaros stand their ground and rule their lane. Not everyone can drive one, but glad I am that we do.
IkoIko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #28
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Quote:
ummm, cause the zl1 wasn't out in 2010, dude.