Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #57
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
Spring break, sorry for the delay.

Sweet! It's a beautiful in the PNW!

Sorry for the delay on the video. It's Spring break for us & I had to make sure we went & did some fun things. By the end of the day, I didn't feel like trying to figure out how to put it on.

Sweet, my husband will land in the USA in an hour (not quite home yet, just a few more hours). I can't wait. After we enjoy our beautiful day, I'm sure he'll help me post the video.

Thanks for waiting.
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #58
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
It will be worth the wait. I love your car's look and the SLP mufflers look fantastic. How much louder does the car seem to you? Is there any "drone" while you are driving at freeway speed? I still have not made up my mind on a muffler swap yet. I am looking for something deep and mellow sounding without too much rasp. I don't want Orange Krate sounding like a tractor! HA HA

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #59
MOMSREDSS

I'll let my husband answer your questions. He's landed & driving home now. We will be going out for awhile, since it's going to rain again soon.
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
Old 04-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #60
MOMSREDSS

Ok finally downloaded the video of the car on the Dyno. Hard to get a good feel of what it sounds like with the intake noise and the Dyno noise. Will shoot some video of it from the rear tomorrow if nice enough.

Car sounds awesome now! Real happy with how it sounds from the outside and driving down the highway and street. Only has a little drown to it when it shifts but goes away when you really get on it.

Link below should take you to video I think.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:54 PM   #61
MOMSREDSS

Here are a couple of shots of the car now that suspension is complete. It is 1" drop.

It handles great and ride is fine. It is quite a bit stiffer than stock but is not bone jarring and teeth shattering. We took car on a short drive yesterday around some of the back roads between Monroe and Snohomish and it took the bumps just fine. Cornering feels really good and makes me worry about thinking it may have more grip than it really does. Will need to get it to a track to so we can test it out.

The ride height is perfect and gets rid of the big gap between the tires and the fenders. Only thing so far we really have to watch for is speed bumps! SPEED BUMPS ARE EVIL!!!!

I think the bushing kit and the Sway Bars affected the ride more than the springs.
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #62
MOMSREDSS

Here are the Dyno Sheets. The first one has the intial pull with only the CAI being the only mod and the final pull with the ARH headers and SLP exhaust. This sheet is SAE adjusted.

The next sheet is Uncorrected but the same final pull.

The last sheet is JIS corrected but the same final pull.

Don't quite understand why they are all different but here they are.

Since I don't have complete stock numbers, I can only base on initial pull with the Cold Air Inductions CAI installed. According to what I have read the CAI should have given me 10-15 RWHP.

The real test will be the track. We are headed out on April 23rd to see what she will do in the 1/4 mile.
Attached Images

Last edited by MOMSREDSS; 04-10-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #63
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

It it really amazing how much HP and Torque you can pull out of these engines with very little work. As you said above...SPEED BUMPS ARE EVIL. I looked on the underside of my splitter and saw some abrasions already! I haven't hardly driven the car and have not heard or felt any nasty bumps so I have no clue where or when the scraping occured. I can only imagine how much more potential there is for damage dropping the car another inch! WOW! Be careful out there. Your car looks and sounds GREAT! Just wish long tube headers were legal here in So Cal.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Old 04-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #64
MOMSREDSS

Here is a link to video of the exhaust.

Went for a short drive yesterday and really love the car. Suspension is great and handles even better. It's hard not to drive without putting your foot into as the car just sings to you now, who needs a stereo.

Saturday we are headed to the race track and gone to participate in the Car Club Challenge Drags. It will be our first time so should be exciting to see what the car will do.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #65
MOMSREDSS

Off to Portland in the morning to pick up....

We're heading to Oregon tomorrow to pick up a VR Heritage Grill from Tonkin Chevrolet. Thanks Allan for setting it aside for me to pick up.

We could have had it shipped, but we're going to a concert in Oregon & to celebrate our daughters 20th birthday tomorrow.

QUESTION: I've been told that the dealer can install it in 1 1/2 hours. How long has it taken you to install? Dealer takes off front tires, did you?

Thanks for the input.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:12 AM   #66
MOMSREDSS

Custom Pedals

Waiting custom pedals to come in next week. The waiting game.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:31 AM   #67
MOMSREDSS

2011 ~ First car show is this weekend.

Time to install the Heritage Grill we picked up on our way through Portland last week.

My husband will be installing the racing pedals that just arrived on our porch today.

I just cleaned the interior today, in preparation for the car show on Saturday. I'll just have to vacuum again, no worries.

Time to bring a blanket & a hot cup of cider to the shop. Oh that's right...I need to help. Ok, I'll wait for the blanket & the hot cup of cider when the installation is complete.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:49 AM   #68
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

MODS

Heritage Grill and new pedals...great MOD choices! I can't wait to see photos. Your MOMSREDSS is coming along nicely.

I took this shot of the ZL1 interior at CamFest II and you can sort of see the pedals. I am wondering whether these will be available through the dealer. There is also a new "Blade" spoiler available from Chevrolet and it comes painted in Victory Red as an option. I don't see one in IOM yet but I can always get a white one painted to match. I am getting antsy to get my stripes painted soon.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #69
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 1LE
got any pics of the heritage grill installed and the new pedals?

shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #70
MOMSREDSS

Yes, I have pictures of the Heritage Grille, the new pedals aren't installed yet.

My friends mom passed away just before Mother's day & I haven't been home much & when I am, I'm playing catch up. It's also Graduation season. I'll try to get the picture of the grill on before the week is out.