Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2014, 06:12 PM   #57
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Yah Keep drinkn the kool-aid you believer you. Eat that corn , drink that corn , fuel up with that corn . corn is good the corporations said so.

don't waste your time dude. his name isn't cornfield camaro by accident. he's heavily vested in the ethanol business and usually only posts here to promote it. regardless of what some people here try to tell you, it's an easily provable scientific fact that a gallon of ethanol contains less energy (a significant amount less) than a gallon of gasoline. you will never get as much energy from ethanol as you will from gasoline. that's why the only reason it's burned in our cars is because the government forces us too. there are no sinister conspiracies, just simple market forces. and don't buy the MPG crap either. the EPA rates every E85 vehicle I know of with lower MPG averages than the same model with a gasoline engine.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #58
millatime84

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
don't waste your time dude. his name isn't cornfield camaro by accident. he's heavily vested in the ethanol business and usually only posts here to promote it. regardless of what some people here try to tell you, it's an easily provable scientific fact that a gallon of ethanol contains less energy (a significant amount less) than a gallon of gasoline. you will never get as much energy from ethanol as you will from gasoline. that's why the only reason it's burned in our cars is because the government forces us too. there are no sinister conspiracies, just simple market forces. and don't buy the MPG crap either. the EPA rates every E85 vehicle I know of with lower MPG averages than the same model with a gasoline engine.
Until recently ethanol was significantly less than gas and you could save money by using E85. It's all about cents per mile.
millatime84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:35 PM   #59
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by millatime84 View Post
Until recently ethanol was significantly less than gas and you could save money by using E85. It's all about cents per mile.
only because it's heavily subsidized. and by the way, where do you think the money for the subsidies comes from
Old 03-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #60
millatime84

Quote:
only because it's heavily subsidized. and by the way, where do you think the money for the subsidies comes from

Please show me the fact behind this statement? The blend credit ended a few years ago.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #61
jd10013

Quote:
Please show me the fact behind this statement? The blend credit ended a few years ago.
so you don't think the corn industry is subsidized huh? go google "farm bill" and come back and we'll talk subsidies.

oh, and in case you don't want to do it, here's one for you

http://www.taxpayer.net/library/arti...alive-and-well
Old 03-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #62
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Yah you are right , you can lead a cow to corn but you can not make him stop eating it . Just get sick of these guys that try to debunk every point you make with a stupid generic statement , They can feed some people with this nonsense , but when you actually look at the big pitcure it is amazing we in the USA are being told this is a good way to produce energy and feed it's citizens
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #63
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...irappIocLcP02A, Here is your info you wanted to the tune of $14 BILLION of our tax dollars
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #64
millatime84

Farm bill subsidies farmers, food stamp programs. Corn is a commodity and ethanol producers play in the same global market that that every industry that uses corn. Do I believe that RFS mandates have driven corn prices up yes but RIN prices have also cost big oil a lot of money too.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #65
jd10013

Quote:
Farm bill subsidies farmers, .

who do you think grows corn?
Old 04-15-2014, 01:33 AM   #66
fixin

Drives: 13 1LE 1ss IMO
The simplest way i can explain e85 for a camaro put in the e85 sensor so you can run both e85 and 93. Use 93 for daily driving but when you go to the track (or I-10 lol) run e85 or e98 for power then on monday run 93 for daily commute. If your worried about the government and mpg why did you buy a camaro go buy a prius
fixin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:48 AM   #67
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Prices in LA are sky rocketing. This is interesting. Would i need to do a fuse pull after?
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #68
hondo78

Drives: 2001 SS Camaro
E85 New Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Typical come back from your kind. No facts to argue the other way , just a tired old statement with no backbone , keep believing w"hat they tell you. guys like you beleive it all and never question anything . Yes Master i do as you say is best"
Great thread, E85 is a good substitute for Dino fuel, just ask anyone with an Indy car, "Alcohol only" since at least the mid 60's. The Gasoline in E85 actually just makes starting easier, and so you can see the flames if it burns.
My Vintage Mustang SCCA racer runs 13:1 compression ratio and has run Ethanol blends for 31 years. Even my Escalade is E85 compatible.
hondo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #69
PFL

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk13SS View Post
Buy an e85 tester and you can see the percentage of E85 at that gas state before you pump.
Hi, man I need you to take my doubts. I can run with stock camaro with e85?? I have 91 octane tune, can supply e85?? the car run normal??
PFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:20 AM   #70
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFL View Post
Hi, man I need you to take my doubts. I can run with stock camaro with e85?? I have 91 octane tune, can supply e85?? the car run normal??
No.