Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-13-2007, 02:43 AM   #85
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
It's funny - I was commenting that pictures like this would be a great Christmas pressie!

Can't wait for more!
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:59 AM   #86
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hftech View Post
If Chevy is reading this, gimme 500 horses and I'm sold!
Amen brother!!!!
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:33 AM   #87
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
5,844 views since 5pm yesterday. That's pretty darn good.

You know...I got to thinking and there's nothing really different about this picture versus the camo'd pic released from yesterday. Everything we see in this pic is pretty much everything we see in the camo pic. Door handles, hood, side indentions, side air inlets, side mirrors, etc. Really, it's nothing different than what GM released themselves.

After all, we still haven't seen what's inside, under the bra's, and what's under the hood. And, even though I'd like to see those pix, I'm more than happy to hold off to help General Motors keep their secrative information from the wrong hands... Keeping the info from the wrong people will only help us in the long run. I'm extremely happy for now.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:00 AM   #88
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I looked again. And I'm always ready to admit I'm wrong (<= see? I was wrong right then:p) But I don't see a shadow. I see either a curve in the bra, or body-gap from a gas cap...
I still believe it's here-

On the drivers side as it should be.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:33 AM   #89
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i hope its still in the place it was on the concept!
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:35 AM   #90
angelreborn

Drives: Honda
It's Yummy!
angelreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:31 AM   #91
GreySteele06

Drives: A pair of tan boots-back in09
so you can do some fun things to the picture in order to pull out some details that are not immediatly visable. For instance...invert the colors. See below. From this, my thoughts: you can see the lines alot better without the white. There is the vent behind the door. That does not remotely look like a gas cap. The doors arent just plain jane. The interior is still hard to make out except it looks to me like there is guy sitting in the drivers seat? maybe not...

Anyway i still have 13 months in baghdad so ill be there pretty well on time for the productions to roll out. Unless this thing ends and we all go home.
Attached Images

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell

Last edited by GreySteele06; 12-13-2007 at 08:54 AM.
GreySteele06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #92
NateZ

Drives: 1970 Chevelle SS454
Thumbs up

Interesting concept, but you're right ... reversing the colors brings out some more details. I think the original photo of the car in white (combined with it being a little bit out of focus) made it hard to see some detail unless you squint a little.

Either way, I love it. Jan '09 can't get here soon enough ...

Oh, and I looooooove those rims.

'70 SS454 -- When The Only Carbs You Cared About Were Under the Hood.
NateZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:17 AM   #93
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon

You can see that the rear slits are still there.
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #94
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
OK - I know that not everyone liked the concept -- but frankly, 90+ percent DID -- and that's 'off the charts' for a new vehicle.......

For those of you who DID like the concept and Bumblebee-- you will love the production car because it's simply more svelte (Relax Charlie and Bob) than the concept.......trust me on this. (How many times do I have to say 'trust me' anyhow??????)

This was a horrible picture --

.................and it's what puts me up the wall --

.....................past the pictures...............

.........................................and on to the ceiling........

.....because some BOZO (I'm being kind here......) took it upon himself/herself to take a horribly positioned picture and put it out there for all to see. Someone not only needs to be fired -- but PROSECUTED..................and no, we didn't do this to 'leak' it.....

Had the person just simply dropped to his/her knees and taken a picture at a more realistic angle-- some would'nt be using words like 'pig' "charger" and such ........

The white color is somewhat misleading -- further, the black bras on the front and back trick the eye into seeing 'vertical' rather than 'horizontal' -- and, as others point out -- lighting is everything in terms of showing 'character' lines. (anyone who sees the Red Fiberglass and then the Silver coupe or Bumblebee will tell you that metallic paints bring out the character lines -- something you can't see in these pics...)

Guys and gals -- the production car is stunning......to the point where there is lots of emotion when you see it for the first time. (heck -- Mr. Wellburn HUGGED it!!!)

..........and while I'm in rant mode --

..............we know we'll never keep everyone happy -- but judging by the comments I read thru 2am this morning on at least 15 sites -- I couldn't be happier with the general reaction..................

Now -- to dispatch the black suburbans...........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #95
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I guess I should also say that there are many of us who are just DYING to see your reactions when you first see the production Camaro.......

...........so while I'm upset that someone leaked this without permission -- I'm also elated at some of the great comments that I'm reading.......

Keep the faith!!!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:34 AM   #96
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Well I know how we can solve this little problem...

We can just get some good pics of the production version circulating! I will volunteer my time and camera! What do ya say, fbodfather? LOL :p

Seriously though, it's going to be a totally different experience when we see it in person, and I can't WAIT!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #97
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I guess I should also say that there are many of us who are just DYING to see your reactions when you first see the production Camaro.......Keep the faith!!!
I'm guessing this will be my reaction(s);

TRUST THE FBODFATHER FOLKS!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #98
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Call me crazy

(from that last post, sounds like the photo is coming down)

Call me crazy, but I might just get this car in white with twin black stripes. (and spoiler delete).
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote