Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #29
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Why not install hood vents to release that hot air created by the engine. That helps increase engine cooling.
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #30
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
He already has hex vents with no trays
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:58 PM   #31
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP Valentino View Post
Why not install hood vents to release that hot air created by the engine. That helps increase engine cooling.
That hot air has to pass around the intake manifold to get out through the vents, I have them and they help when the car is moving but sitting still is a different story.

The Ice-olator was a nice try, but only helps when the car is moving or if you race with your hood removed. I've drag raced with and without it, no difference at all on my car.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #32
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Also, Magnum, you may feel more torque (I would assume) due to the fact that the manifold conversion piece is basically a spacer... I would assume it would act similarly to Jason's own LFX manifold spacer, as it seems to raise the manifold about the same length.
I would have to compare them, but I know the LFX manifold has internal differences than the LLT one. I put my inspection scope into it to see the internals and it looked better than the LLT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
It's basically the same as the lfx piece from the factory, just has LLT ports on the bottom side. I feel like the lfx intake probably has longer runners than the llt intake. This setup could possibly further benefit in the low end torque range from my spacer. It's still up in the air if the spacer would help an FI car though.
Will find out on Friday if it helps. If the forecast is right than the DA will be around the same as I got my run of 13.1 @ 110 mph.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #33
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Old 10-04-2014, 10:25 PM   #34
Maniature

Drives: Camaro 2010 1LT
Old 10-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #35
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I would have to compare them, but I know the LFX manifold has internal differences than the LLT one. I put my inspection scope into it to see the internals and it looked better than the LLT.

Will find out on Friday if it helps. If the forecast is right than the DA will be around the same as I got my run of 13.1 @ 110 mph.
Come on 12's!
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #36
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Come on 12's!
12's? I'm hoping for 10's!
Old 10-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #37
MagnumForceGB

I'm keeping an eye on the weather for Friday night, but 60% chance of rain right now. Good news is that October 12th there is a Test-n-Tune session also, but it will be Sunday at noon to 5, so it won't be the same conditions but actually worse than what I usually run in since the sun will be out. Might be the better test. It is up to Jason how long he wants me to keep this intake to test out, don't want to hold it for months trying to test.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USOK0387
Old 10-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #38
MagnumForceGB

Went back and removed the washers on the back bolt, it worked without the washers. Just felt like I was going to bottom it out any minute but it didn't. All 6 bolts Jason sent me will work on a LLT engine.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #39
MagnumForceGB

Don't know if my rear tires are worn out or if this added that much torque from a stand still, but I burned the tires off it today. Was on an empty road in 80 degree weather, stopped the car and waited a minute to try to get the manifold heatsoaked. I also had the drip pans installed on the hex vents to keep it hotter. Started rolling into the throttle and the tires never gripped, just spun and spun till 2nd. This was in sport mode with traction control off, same way at the track.

This intake is actually flowing better than my ported LLT one, my AFR is 12.7 at WOT, the LLT is 12 or lower. I will be able to add another meth nozzle to control more detonation when I up the boost even more now.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #40
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Sounding pretty good!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #41
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Don't know if my rear tires are worn out or if this added that much torque from a stand still, but I burned the tires off it today. Was on an empty road in 80 degree weather, stopped the car and waited a minute to try to get the manifold heatsoaked. I also had the drip pans installed on the hex vents to keep it hotter. Started rolling into the throttle and the tires never gripped, just spun and spun till 2nd. This was in sport mode with traction control off, same way at the track.

This intake is actually flowing better than my ported LLT one, my AFR is 12.7 at WOT, the LLT is 12 or lower. I will be able to add another meth nozzle to control more detonation when I up the boost even more now.
Awesome!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #42
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
When it's not heat soaking you have a lot more power on tap, soo...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote