Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #15
s.norman

Drives: not worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
So you are saying it doesn't look like:

How do you know it won't be like that?
thats the way it should look..its BS to stop just at the hood b/c its easier to install
s.norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #16
s.norman

Quote:
Why would the image showing the stripe packages that came straight from GM not be what we actually get.

That clearly shows the rally stripes going past just the hood.
good point!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
A lot of things are BS...that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

I'm not even sure if what I said was the reasoning behind the move to stop at the hood...but if it was, you can be sure they took the saved money and put it towards something more worthwhile...say...powertrain/suspension/interior/build quality?

EDIT: It drove me nuts after I mentioned it....so I went and found the screen-caps from the MSNBC vid. Here they are:

Name:  Untitled-1 copy4.JPG
Views: 1397
Size:  131.2 KB

Name:  Untitled-1 copy2.JPG
Views: 1401
Size:  148.4 KB

Name:  Untitled-1 copy3.JPG
Views: 1383
Size:  137.2 KB

Name:  Untitled-1 copy.JPG
Views: 1335
Size:  131.2 KB
Old 10-26-2008, 11:57 PM   #18
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Is that video the only proof you have? That video is quite old if I remember right, lots of things could have changed since then.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:18 AM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
That video is quite old if I remember right, lots of things could have changed since then.
Most definitely, I agree.

I'll try to get a more definitive answer for you...but for now, that video holds more water with me, personally, than a Photoshopped presentation slide.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:39 AM   #20
s.norman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Most definitely, I agree.

I'll try to get a more definitive answer for you...but for now, that video holds more water with me, personally, than a Photoshopped presentation slide.
thyanx for those pics bro. silver ss looks great w/o stripes so thats what i'm goin w/
Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #21
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Well I hope they release some official photos by December so I can change my order if it is in fact short.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #22
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
I like the hockey stripes and the solid hood stripe...think I'm leavingmine like it is if they end up like the handout from GM.

Would love to actually see "real" colors and stripe packages before going final though!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:00 AM   #23
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVThis View Post
You can bet that the aftermarket will offer just about any stripe you want. As an example this place offers some nice stripe packages for the Challenger and will be doing the Camaro also. The white Challenger with the black side and hood stripes looks great. By the way I'm not endorsing this business.
http://www.ridergraphix.com/
Thanks for the Kind words. One of your members directed me here. We are currently not offering anything for the New Camaro due to the fact that the car is not out yet.

We have added a Camaro link on our website directed to our email. We are looking for ideas and trying to see what you guys will be looking for when your cars show up. You can send your ideas here... info@ridergraphix.com

We have been very active in the Mustang, Charger and Challenger Community, and have had great success with our designs.

We currently own a 2008 Challenger SRT-8 we use or test fitting our stripes, and will possibly be getting a new Camaro when they come out as well.

I personally own three Camaro's myself. A 1980 Z28 with 72,000 Miles, a 1984 Z28 with 15,600 original miles and a 1994 Z28 with 8,600 miles.

We Design and Manufacture our own Stripes, and test fit all designs prior to selling them. I have a few design ideas up my sleeve, and we are looking forward to seeing what other ideas are out there.

Brian Rider
Ridergraphix.com
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:41 AM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Don't be so quick to cancel. I mean...do if you must. But, give it some time to see if GM can say "OK. This is what we are offering and this is where the stripes stop."

I have not seen "official" stripes yet.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:22 AM   #25
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
I cancelled my stripes, but not because they stop short...because the black stripes I wanted are dealer installed and that's kinda gay. Plus they are vinyl...I know I know vinyl has been used on Camaros for years, but I still don't have to like it. For me, it's painted stripes or nothing.
1_2Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 AM   #26
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Why would the image showing the stripe packages that came straight from GM not be what we actually get.

That clearly shows the rally stripes going past just the hood.
That picture is not showing the final version of the stripes. This has been confirmed to me by GM. As Dragoneye is exacty correct - the rally stripe kit only runs along the hood.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:52 AM   #27
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
I'm just a little disappointed that with such a great car, the GMPP options have so many short comings. Like ground effects that will not be body colored, of course the stripe packages...lack of color options, placement on the car. No blade spoiler available, wing spoiler doesn't match bolt patterns on the trunk lid... shall I go on?

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:15 AM   #28
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
If I remember from the early GMPP pics of the red mock-up car, the stripes seem like they will be different between the V6 and the V8. In those pics, the V6 stripes extended to fill the void where there's no mail slot, and the V8 stripes stop at the hood.

As seen in the screencaps Dragoneye posted, the mail slot does a good job of filling up that negative space. In the recent GMPP pic that GoldFire posted, the stripes are shown all the way to the front on a car without a mail slot.