Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #2437
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
The worlds slowest 700hp production car, just in time...for winter. Perhaps the dense cold air will finally lead to the mythical 11.2 ET Dodge is marketing.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #2438
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
The worlds slowest 700hp production car, just in time...for winter. Perhaps the dense cold air will finally lead to the mythical 11.2 ET Dodge is marketing.
Well, not sure what first hand data you're using.......but I can't wait to get mine.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #2439
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
Well, not sure what first hand data you're using.......but I can't wait to get mine.
I hear ya, it appears to be an awesome ride. Forget what others think.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #2440
lewylew

Drives: 2010 ZL550& 2021 C8 Z51
He is just jealous that the hellcat will beat his cts-v that he spent more money for.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #2441
denooo11
Dean Voss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to denooo11
2015 Challenger Hellcat

MY question is why wait for the 2015 ? I'm going to order a 2016 as soon as they come out for sale. Who knows, next year could be the next generation or a different body style. I also could buy a used 2015 Hellcat by then!!!
denooo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #2442
MEDISIN

Quote:
Several have first hand data and have published their results for all to see.
MotorTrend: 0-60, 3.7sec; 1/4mile 11.7 @ 125.4mph; 4449lbs automatic
Car&Driver: 0-60, 3.6sec; 1/4mile 11.7 @ 126mph; 4488lbs automatic
Edmunds: 0-60, 4.8sec; 1/4mile 12.5 @ 118.8mph; 4454lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewylew View Post
He is just jealous that the hellcat will beat his cts-v that he spent more money for.
Certainly not concerned if it's a manual Hellcat based on the time above. Beat my V in what way? Style? Luxury? Balance? Engagement? Comfort? Reliability? Road course?

The V has been embarrasing Challengers, Chargers and 300's on the street, drag-strips, and road courses since 2008. Nice of Dodge to step up...6 years later.

My brand new fully loaded V sedan cost $61k out the door. How much more did I pay vs Hellokitty? Is Dodge going to give me 4 years free maintenance, roadside assistance, bumper-to-bumper warranty if I drop $60k on a Challenger?

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
Old 11-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #2443
cal45

Quote:

Certainly not concerned if it's a manual Hellcat based on the time above. Beat my V in what way? Style? Luxury? Balance? Engagement? Comfort? Reliability? Road course?

The V has been embarrasing Challengers, Chargers and 300's on the street, drag-strips, and road courses since 2008. Nice of Dodge to step up...6 years later.

My brand new fully loaded V sedan cost $61k out the door. How much more did I pay vs Hellokitty? Is Dodge going to give me 4 years free maintenance, roadside assistance, bumper-to-bumper warranty if I drop $60k on a Challenger?
You buy what you like, I'll buy what I like. No need to bash.
Once the car hits the streets, we will all see a wide range of numbers - and mine will be first hand, not what I've read from someone testing a pre production car that has been passed around for all to beat. The Hellcat did Dyno 635 RWHP/592 TQ...not shabby numbers at all and that is with 0 after market mods.

I'm choosing the 8 spd automatic and those times look fine to me as it will be my daily driver. I have no interest in beating the car up at the track every weekend. I'll leave that to the young guys to bump their chests for.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #2444
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Dude's talking about warranties !! That's pretty funny. If you don't like the car don't put it down. Just say it isn't for you. I think its comical that some people resort to commenting on things like warranties to put the car down.

If you're not excited about an off the showroom floor muscle car with 700+ horses than you ain't no car guy.

Quote:

Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #2445
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Water aerobics exercises for seniors now available at your local YMCA, this message is brought to you by the all-new 2015 Cadillac CTSV the preferred sport sedan for the 75 and older crowd!
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #2446
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:

The Hellcat did Dyno 635 RWHP/592 TQ...not shabby numbers at all and that is with 0 after market mods.

I'm choosing the 8 spd automatic and those times look fine to me as it will be my daily driver. I have no interest in beating the car up at the track every weekend. I'll leave that to the young guys to bump their chests for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Dude's talking about warranties !! That's pretty funny. If you don't like the car don't put it down. Just say it isn't for you. I think its comical that some people resort to commenting on things like warranties to put the car down.

If you're not excited about an off the showroom floor muscle car with 700+ horses than you ain't no car guy.
Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Water aerobics exercises for seniors now available at your local YMCA, this message is brought to you by the all-new 2015 Cadillac CTSV the preferred sport sedan for the 75 and older crowd!
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #2447
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
700 hp in something that weighs less than an Abrams tank would be a much more unforgettable ride. Something that could keep up with a GT PP or a 1LE on a road course would be nice, too. Balance is missing. Even the true believers @ Mopar admit the better buy, and overall car, is the SRT Scat Pack. But hey, if smoke shows are the thing that get the kiddies excited in your neighborhood, nothing serves that role better than a 6-speed Hellcat.

SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #2448
MEDISIN

Quote:
Not bashing, merely stating facts.

Quote:
Once the car hits the streets, we will all see a wide range of numbers - and mine will be first hand, not what I've read from someone testing a pre production car that has been passed around for all to beat. The Hellcat did Dyno 635 RWHP/592 TQ...not shabby numbers at all and that is with 0 after market mods.
The Challengers deficiency has never been power. It's the platform and weight. Neither of which was addressed in the Hellcat. From people that have actually driven the car, it is clear, they spent 90% of the development dollars between the front struts.
The long, wide coupe still has a lot of body to be piloted from corner to corner on the really tight sections of the road, but the truth is that it responded with neutrality and quickness at a moderate pace. "Nimble" wasn't the word that sprung to mind after turning more than 100 miles on public streets, but "confident" would be a fair one...Even with plenty of grip available most of the time, there's so much weight constantly desirous of changing direction that hustling the Dodge in the twisty bits left me either too slow or out of sorts upon exit. The steering is quick enough, but numb, which didn't help speed me up, either.
-Autoblog

The car leans heavily as we enter turns, but it's not sloppy...But yeah, man, it drives like a muscle car. It's heavy and it swings through corners with the leading edge of the bulging hood leaning low. Forget delicate work: That would be like whittling with a pole axe.
-Automobile Magazine

While the Camaro behaves like a sports car, the Challenger pretends to be nothing else than a straight-line dragster, and when you toss a corner its way it can be a handful. As associate editor Scott Evans put it, the Hellcat handles "just like a Challenger. Understeer into the corner, oversteer out."
-MotorTrend

The Challenger gets a lot of grief for its weight, and at 4,449 pounds, the 2015 Challenger is a heavy car. You can feel this while driving, it’s a pleasant thing on the highway, giving the car a solid, smooth ride, even in the firmest “Track” mode setting of the three-way adjustable suspension. In corners, the heft of the car is noticeable, especially if you’re used to a lighter machine
-Hot Rod Magazine

Sadly, the Hellcat sits, too. "Feels like I'm in an SUV," Webster grumbles.
-Road&Track
Quote:
Good for you. I hope you enjoy it. It's a fine cruiser.

Quote:
Dude's talking about warranties !! That's pretty funny. If you don't like the car don't put it down. Just say it isn't for you. I think its comical that some people resort to commenting on things like warranties to put the car down. .
"Dude's" also talking about style, luxury, balance, engagement, comfort, reliability, and track performance, none of which you are able to comment on? If I'm paying $60,000+ for a performance car, I might expect a little more than straight-line acceleration.

Quote:
What's so special about it being "off the showroom floor" with 700hp? Is it because it has...wait for it...a warranty!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Do you even know the average age of a V owner? Several polls on V forums have pegged the average age at 42. I'm 34. Would you like to talk about the average age of a Challenger owner, or better yet a $60,000+ Challenger owner? I expect more from you than this drivel.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #2449
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Style? Luxury? Balance? Reliability? Track performance?
Let me tell you something that ANYBODY with AN OPEN mind realizes. the style and interior on the Hellcat is top notch. What can you possibly not like in the interior of that car?? I saw the new interior in person at the last NYC auto show. Compares to ANYTHIG short of a 100k+ Mercedez Benz.

Balance? Not sure what you mean. I'm buying a 700+ hp car to make noise and have it push my ass/back into the seat when I stand on the GO pedal. Im not really worried about posers thinking I'm cool cause I'm driving a luxury brand named car that I spent 60K+ which happens to ONLY have around 500 horses so it would give me the right away to say it might put up a fight against a muscle car.

And reliability? Let the car hit the streets for a few months than we can comment on that.
Track performance ? You have fun taking turns and doing road courses.! I'll have my fun drag racing and sliding around every corner turn in my town lolol.

And Wtf is engagement ??!!

Come on man!
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #2450
cal45

I think we tend to forget here that not everyone on a car forum tracks their car and needs a vehicle cut for the track as the Z/28 is. The comparisons start and folks state that a car can't take sharp turns at 80 mph......well, since my car is driven on public roads, I won't be attempting to take turns at unsafe speeds and I hope all of the "track drivers" save it for the track and not endanger me or my family on trying their "skills" on public roads. I like the fact that the car can be a daily driver and has the acceleration when needed on straight roadways. I guess I can show my age here when I say this takes me back to the late 60's and early '70's when the American Muscle car was in it's glory. It's great to see the Big 3 compete again in the HP Wars.

Also keep in mind, Dodge did not make the Hellcat to be a track car as the Z/28, their goal was simply to build an American Muscle car....and to that they did.

Tags
dodge, hellcat, horsepower, srt