Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-06-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
Best headlight bulbs for my LS?

Just was wondering what the best aftermarket bulbs where i could get for my LS camaro, also, how hard is it to install new bulbs? Thank you.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
wstuarttn

Drives: Inferno Orange SS white stripe
bulbs

Sylvania H13st
wstuarttn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
Pa.5thgen

Drives: Imperial Blue 1SS
The sylvania silverstars get my vote, been useing them on all my cars for years. The HOD bulbs from AAC also work real well and are a little cheaper than the sylvanias. As far as install goes just reach behind the headlight find where the bulb is inserted, release the locking tab on the wiring, unplug, twist out the original bulb and istall the new.
Pa.5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Might want to check out the Philips bulbs. Available at Meijers or O'Rielly's.
If you want whiter light, Crystal Vision Ultra is as good or better than Silverstar Ultra. cheaper and will last longer. Xtreme power is a bright, clear glass bulb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro2k10 View Post
Just was wondering what the best aftermarket bulbs where i could get for my LS camaro, also, how hard is it to install new bulbs? Thank you.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
why not just get an hid kit? its like 100 bucks and you can install it in 10min with just basic hand tools, that was the first thing i did to mine and i love it, i got the 8k
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd View Post
why not just get an hid kit? its like 100 bucks and you can install it in 10min with just basic hand tools, that was the first thing i did to mine and i love it, i got the 8k
Aren't those the blue lights that people hate, because they are installed in a halogen housing without a projector, causing glare?

To the OP: if you can get the Hella lights, that is what I put in my Camry. (Picture in Sig) I got them as the wavelength was close to the silverstars, but the specs say they last longer.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:40 AM   #7
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
Aren't those the blue lights that people hate, because they are installed in a halogen housing without a projector, causing glare?

To the OP: if you can get the Hella lights, that is what I put in my Camry. (Picture in Sig) I got them as the wavelength was close to the silverstars, but the specs say they last longer.
kinda yes kinda no, the 10k ones are the REAL blue ones the 8k are a very light light blue, i had the silver star bulbs in my old car and had people flashing me all the time, i have had these in for about 3 months and havent had anyone flash me and following the wife a few weeks ago she said it wasnt bad at all
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote