Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
Dude, Ive seen some people on this site with some lame ass Camaro's on this site win first place trophies. It's what's in your heart that matters. Just remember this.... determine who doing the judging at the show to see if you get a fair chance.
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #16
Del's12SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
I went to a local show a couple of years ago, came across a V6 Camaro.
The guy was very knowledgeable about his car, I was pretty amazed the V6 was putting out over 300HP.
My 03 Vette was rated at 350HP........ hell most of the fun cars I have owned over the past 25 years weren't rated at 300HP.
My discussion with him gave me the bug, the vette was gone and having a need for a back seat... it was a no brainer.

Maybe you will enlighten somebody?????
Old 10-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #17
Ides of March

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 View Post
Haha, its all good. Rather correct you now while you're new than later and get the worse half of the members to bash on you
Appreciated. Thank you. Glad to be here.
Ides of March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
Ides of March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del's12SS View Post
I went to a local show a couple of years ago, came across a V6 Camaro.
The guy was very knowledgeable about his car, I was pretty amazed the V6 was putting out over 300HP.
My 03 Vette was rated at 350HP........ hell most of the fun cars I have owned over the past 25 years weren't rated at 300HP.
My discussion with him gave me the bug, the vette was gone and having a need for a back seat... it was a no brainer.

Maybe you will enlighten somebody?????
Nice. To be honest I am still learning about the engine and things like that. I really want to take car of it.
I do have a question about the V6 LLT and V6 LFX engine. what would the 2LS have, and what's the difference? Is it Manual vs Auto?
Old 10-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #19
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ides of March View Post
Nice. To be honest I am still learning about the engine and things like that. I really want to take car of it.
I do have a question about the V6 LLT and V6 LFX engine. what would the 2LS have, and what's the difference? Is it Manual vs Auto?
The LLT was the V6 used on the 2010-11 Camaros, and Camaros from 2012 on have the LFX. The LFX is a newer design with a bit more power.

I'd say go to the show. Just don't refer to your car as an LS2 or call someone's ZL1 a 1LZ!
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #20
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ides of March View Post
The LLT was the old engine, newer LS and LT's have the LFX. Only the SS's are different depending on the trans.

Definitely go to the show. I never pop my hood and never try to win some cheep trophy. I just go to check out what everyone else has.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #21
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
I won "Best of Show" for my class at a show with my Pontiac G6 GT Coupe, which is a mid-range trim/engine for the G6. That is the only time I've entered one of my cars, haven't had the time to do a show with the Camaro yet. They usually are a lot of fun to look around, chat people up and hang out regardless if you're in judging or not.

Regardless you'll have fun going!
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #22
savage4625

Drives: 2010 camaro ss a6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
Hey, if you think your car looks beautiful, go! It's a great experience regardless of whether you win anything or not. You're a car guy just as much as any of those other guys and gals out there. Partake in the fun and enjoy the experience!

This is perfect
savage4625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #23
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Most of the times car shows aren't about who has the most power. It's about a gathering of gentlemen or ladies that share a common interest and just want everyone else to see their little bit of passion. A different side of them basically, and letting someones car express who they are. It's like sharing a tiny bit of yourself with the community without having to actually say anything. It's a beautiful thing and I believe anyone with something they're proud of should participate in any car show, even if you have to pay to participate, the funds usually go to a great cause.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #24
Ides of March

Ok then I will go when they have the next one. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #25
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
I'm wanting to go to a show or two as well. I just got the car and its getting to the time of year when most of the regular shows slow down. I have noticed most of the cars in the one show near me consists of mostly older cars.

Sent from the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #26
Ides of March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
I'm wanting to go to a show or two as well. I just got the car and its getting to the time of year when most of the regular shows slow down. I have noticed most of the cars in the one show near me consists of mostly older cars.

Sent from the road.
Yes which I love looking at. I always loved muscle cars since I was a kid with matchbox cars. In fact I have a collection of muscle matchbox cars still in a bag somewhere. I have to check to see how many camaro's I have lol.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #27
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
I took my LS to car shows, but never popped the hood. Just said there was a Boeing Turbine in there. I should've got that printed on one of those placcards...
Old 10-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #28
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
I did some work on my car in the last year or so and kind of wanted to show it off a little this spring/summer. Not really with the intent of winning anything, just to see what other folks thought of what I'd done and see what others did to theirs. I ended up going to four shows, two as a participant and two just to look. I came away a little disappointed overall. Not about win/losing (I did win a plaque and a nice trophy) but that there were hardly any Gen5 Camaro's in any show I attended. Saw a ton of really sweet 50's-60's-70's cars, which I love, but was normally kind of the lone ranger with my newer model SS. Felt a little out of place. One HUGE exception was going to the C5Fest in Indy in August. That was awesome to see hundreds of killer newer (and a few older gens) Camaro's gathered in one place!
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote