Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #29
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Technically it is tuned for 91 octane. If you are doing road racing though they recommend 50/50 mix of 91/104 octane since your engine will be running hotter.

Don't know about the 93 tune, depends on if IPS disables knock sensors.
Yeah I don't know if they do or not, they told me they would have to have the car there to do a 91 tune.

But 93 octane and a boost controller set to 12psi is where they made 460whp and 440torque so it might be worth buying the 93 it just sucks to only have one station. I wonder how a 91 tune would affect those numbers.. they say it makes 420whp at like 8psi on just the wastegates and 93 octane.

Sorry I know I'm getting
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #30
Pathogen

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Sounds like you are talking about a turbo setup. Supercharger psi is based on pulley size. They do not have a wastegate.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #31
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen View Post
Sounds like you are talking about a turbo setup. Supercharger psi is based on pulley size. They do not have a wastegate.
Lol your right, I was posting in a thread in the fi section too and I've got my threads mixed up!

I'm WAY off topic now

edit: no wait I am in the thread I thought I was in.. I'm just scatter brained tonight!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #32
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Off topic/side tangent: Chevy consistently lists the V6 manuals as being heavier than the V6 autos in their published specs. (Not so for the V8s, however)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
3750 / 1705 - LT automatic
3741 / 1700 - LT manual

LS are the only ones that are switched. I also have Brembo brakes, car weighed 4030 lbs at the track.
You obviously have better sources than I do.

I was just going by the Chevy brochures for the Camaro, which list the 2013 V6 curb weights as
  • 3712 lbs (2LS and LT automatic coupe)
  • 3728 lbs (1LS and LT manual coupe)
For 2014 they list
  • 3702 lbs (2LS and LT automatic coupe)
  • 3719 lbs (1LS and LT manual coupe)
In both cases, the automatics (of either trim level) are listed as weighing less.

Anyway...
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #33
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF-Tuning View Post
Well guys and gals, due to lack of response and better retail sales than forum sales we are going to be closing this group buy. Last chance for a discount this year. Thank you for all your support. We most likely will not be doing a group buy again as the last two were not very successful and retail sales have increased.

If you are interested please contact me ASAP and I will let a few others go at the discounted price till the end of the month.

Thanks!

sales@kpe-products.com
KP, you know you're gonna keep that aqua blue beauty til the day you die! These hand crafted, made in America, 400hp in a box wonders could go the way of the Buffalo!

Getcha one! Remember- it's always better to beg forgiveness, than to ask permission.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #34
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Hey guys, I'm closing this group buy tomorrow. Last chance to get one for $5500 there are three kits left up for grabs. Then back to retail of $6095.00 email me if your interested!
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote