Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #29
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
robert... my good family friend lives in NJ he has tint all the way around 35% on his car... his "medical" reason ... was migranes... that easy.
Now that I think of it, my headache is starting to get worse just thinking of the blaring sunshine I'll have to deal with while driving my hazardous un-tinted vehicle....

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #30
Berean

Drives: Truck
I might have missed it but was there a fix or an explanation as to why the rear drop was 1/2" off?

I'm evaluating springs and sway bars. I like the Pfadt products, but this spring install concerns me. I want the car to sit on the same plane as it did before lowering.

Thanks!
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #31
robertway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
I might have missed it but was there a fix or an explanation as to why the rear drop was 1/2" off?

I'm evaluating springs and sway bars. I like the Pfadt products, but this spring install concerns me. I want the car to sit on the same plane as it did before lowering.

Thanks!
I don't have an explanation, the guys at Pfadt said my measurements were what they expect, I haven't measured it in almost two weeks so I have to see if the rear "settled" anymore. The drop in the rear was equal on both sides so I know I didn't do one of the springs wrong and Pfadt didn't have any concerns when I mentioned the drop. I'm going to reach out to them again to see why the rear was less than the advertised 1.25" to try and get a more concrete explanation/line of reasoning. Aaron and his guys are really open and honest so I'm sure the question will be answered.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #32
stepuptata

Drives: 2010 SS and 1999 SS Vortech Blown
great lob and good pointers before i start mine
stepuptata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #33
robertway

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepuptata View Post
great lob and good pointers before i start mine
Thanks for the compliments, good luck with the install.

I also wanted to mention that I worked (remotely) with the Pfadt folks to try and figure out if there was something "off" with my rear drop only being .75" lower after the spring install and the best explanation is that the car was sitting a little lower than average from the factory as GM has a pretty wide tolerance on the springs they get form their supplier. After measuring from the bottom edge of my rear rim, straight through the center of the wheel, to the bottom edge of the fender it measured exactly 26" which matches up with what the Pfadt folks measure on their development car.

Aaron and his folks were quick to respond to my follow-up questioning the ride height and we replied back and forth for about a half day and came to the conclusion that the car is sitting where it should be. They wanted to work through it to find out what was going on if anything and not once did they try to lay blame on a bad installation or something on my part, they just wanted to figure out what was going on.

I am glad to have done business with Pfadt and look forward to doing so more in the future, I need more RWHP before I do that though , about 600RWHP to be exact.....

Old 05-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #34
68RSZ

Drives: 68 RSZ & 2010 SS2RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
They are 20's, 20x10 in the front with 275/40/20 Nitto Invos and 20x11.5 with 315/35/20 Nitto Invos in the rear. The added beef front and back just make the car look a little less anemic and a little meaner .... plus is it more rubber to the road at all four corners....

I love the wheels!! Have you had any issues with the +tire size and lowered ride height?
68RSZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #35
robertway

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RSZ View Post
I love the wheels!! Have you had any issues with the +tire size and lowered ride height?
No problems at all, even after lowering without getting the camber adjusted in the rear I had about 1/2" clearance between the upper inside edge of the tire and the wheel well. After getting re-aligned I have about 3/4" clearance. The only thing to watch for the is the e-brake lines with the 20x11.5 wheels, some folks are pushing them back through the grommets and zip-tying them off but I popped out the inner grommet from its C clamp on both brake lines to relieve the tension on the line and get about an inch and a half or so clearance even after the drop.