Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
ChevyMuscle

Drives: 2005 Silverado 2500HD
Project Eddie… The TVS 2300… Thanks Haddad Motorsports...

I personally want to thank Mike Haddad and his team at Haddad Motorsports for installation and custom tuning of the TVS 2300 supercharger (3.4 pulley), Doug Thorley shorty headers and the Borla S catback for my L99 2SS/RS. The car sounds awesome and runs wicked fast. I see new rear tires in the near future. I would have gone with long tubes but the smog regulations here in California are such that I didn’t want to deal with so the shortys will do – even if all they do is help dissipate heat. I must say that Mike and his staff are dedicated and truly have a passion for cars and knowledge to do things right and go the extra mile when need be. If you are located in So Cal, do not hesitate to contact Mike and see what he can do for your 5th Gen. I am super happy with mine. The car only has 900 miles on it right now, so things are still breaking in so-to-speak and I expect a little more hp's after a few thousand miles.

At A Glance:

TVS 2300 with 3.4 pulley (~9PSI)
Doug Thorley shorty headers (ceramic coated inside and outside)
Borla “S” cat back with 4” tips
Upgraded injectors
AFM and TM turned off
Custom trans tune
Custom ECU tune
Stock fuel system (other then the injector upgrade)
Stock air box (for now)
Stock thermostat

ChevyMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
QBert
Traction Control Hater

Drives: 1968 SS and 2010 SS
You have made Eddie a Killer now go make some mustangs Run to the Hills
Old 01-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Great mod. But why is the TQ dropping so early? Could it be because of stock intake? The exhaust side should be fine!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
You gotta love someone who takes a brand new Camaro and gives it a good blow inside of 1000 miles. Attaboys!!! 500 ft lbs available before you're out of the drive way is all good. I bet it's a lot of fun and you'll enjoy it every time you're behind the wheel. Congrats I'm jealous.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
You gotta love someone who takes a brand new Camaro and gives it a good blow inside of 1000 miles. Attaboys!!! 500 ft lbs available before you're out of the drive way is all good. I bet it's a lot of fun and you'll enjoy it every time you're behind the wheel. Congrats I'm jealous.
You're jealous with your killer Vette? and 7xx HP
Old 01-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
old motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
You're jealous with your killer Vette? and 7xx HP
I want something similar for the wife. If I act nice, she just might let me drive it.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #7
Z_Rocks

Quote:
I want something similar for the wife. If I act nice, she just might let me drive it.
Why don't you just go back to Allen's shop with the same Cam for your wife's?
Old 01-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
old motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Why don't you just go back to Allen's shop with the same Cam for your wife's?
I was at Allen's shop today. Needed a little tweak on my truck. Cam in my vette would be a little too much for an auto tranny Camaro unless a higher stall converter was added. She's already laid down the law and we haven't even ordered her car. It has to drive just like it came from GM. She rules the roost around here. I know better than to cross her......happy wife = happy life
Old 01-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
congrats, haddad did my supercharger/headers install too, been great so far. Yep tires will be a problem with the supercharger.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #10
kismyss

Drives: CGM 2SS Roto-Fab CAI, Mach XL CAT
I cant believe you made all of these upgrades and you still have the stock exhaust. That was the first thing I did when I brought her home. I was shocked at how restrictive the stock intake was compared to the Roto Fab. So tell me how does this car feel when you romp on it. Does it scare the shit out of you or what. mine scares the hell out of me now with only intake and exhaust i cant imagine how freakin fast your car is. I think I would end up in the hospital
kismyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #11
ChevyMuscle

Drives: 2005 Silverado 2500HD
The exhaust isn't stock, except for the cats, I think you mean the air intake. If so, I have not decided which one to go with yet. There are a lot of choices but I am leaning towards the Roto-Fab. Yeah, she is pretty fast - the sit down, hold on and shut up kinda fast.
ChevyMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:53 AM   #12
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kismyss View Post
So tell me how does this car feel when you romp on it. Does it scare the shit out of you or what.
when I first got it back it was scary at first because it's so different than stock it's not even funny. When it was stock to get the car to burnout you had to mash the gas from a dead stop pretty much, now it can get sideways when cruising at 30 MPH and you get on it. But after a while you get used to the power and get a sense for when the wheels will break loose with traction and how to handle it. Love the new acceleration though and the sense of gluing you to the seat under boost.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #13
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyMuscle View Post
The exhaust isn't stock, except for the cats, I think you mean the air intake. If so, I have not decided which one to go with yet. There are a lot of choices but I am leaning towards the Roto-Fab. Yeah, she is pretty fast - the sit down, hold on and shut up kinda fast.
Mikhael @ Haddad can hook you up when you're ready!

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
1000 miles? bah... I did mine when it only had 600 miles. most of my friends think I'm crazy for putting a blower on such a young engine. I say run 'em now like you're gonna run 'em eventually.

it's all good.