Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
Flex 3401 First Impressions

I received my Flex 3401 from Adams today.

First off, let me say WOW!

I should have upgraded from the PC a long time ago. I don't like to waste money, but TIME IS MONEY, and you can accomplish results with the FLEX in about 1/3 the time of a PC.

I worked on my hood and front fenders today so that I could get a feel for the FLEX. The first time you fire it up, it's a lot like driving a Camaro SS compared to a Honda Accord. You can feel the power, and the forced rotation doesn't mess around. It has much less vibration that a PC, but you better hold onto the darned thing because it "walks around" the paint much more. I suspect that if you're holding on with lady fingers, you could drop it.

The FLEX generates a lot more heat than the PC. I kept checking the surface of the pad to make sure it wasn't getting too hot and it was fine. The machine itself gets much warmer and if you grab onto the body of the FLEX near the head you'll get a quick reminder. I was following Adams protocol, and switching to the fine polish (FPM) pad on each 1/4 panel, so it seems to give the Swirl and Haze pad a few minutes to cool off before you start using it again.

I used to always start with a YELLOW Lake Country Pad with the PC. This would generally require at least 3 passes of (UP, DOWN, LEFT RIGHT) to get the swirls removed. With the FLEX, 1 pass (UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT) of ORANGE Adams pad + Swirl and haze remover gets the same result.

1/3 the time = GREAT FOR ME!!!

At this point, I can't imagine having to use the Adams green pad + Super swirl and Haze remover with the FLEX on the Camaro. It would take a major scratch to need the SSHR and green pad. I may test this combo out on some other cars or, better yet, on the boat's gelcoat, which is much harder to correct.

I'm generally not a real brand loyalist, but Adams got this one right. My Meguiar's stuff just got reduced to the other 3 cars until I use it up. You can't beat the Adams FLEX package with pads and polishes.

I think I can correct my entire Camaro in about 3-4 hours with the FLEX compared to about 10 hours with the PC. I call this a win.

Last edited by OBSSEST; 09-06-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: typos
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
I do love my Flex! Great tools for sure... happy to hear you enjoyed it and thats probably the biggest thing - time savings! You can cut your time down by a lot using the 3401 for sure.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote