Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #645
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yes, They will feel VERY VERY VERY different. Ones a GT car and one is a racecar. I'll let you figure it out.
I was talking about accelerate on the street. I know they are different cars, one is a car that nobody is really going to want to use in the real world when they can buy so many fast cars that aren't striped down.
Since it is a year out try not putting your tops down, don't use your air, no stereo, and put junk tires so you have a lot road noise, drive it all summer and tell me you would still want this car. The ZL1 and the C7 Stingray are so close in performance, why give everything else up? If you want a track car buy a used Z06 for less money. When it comes to spending real money, not just saying on Camaro5 that are going to get one, very few people will buy this car.

Last edited by Kevlar382; 03-30-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #646
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
WHAT? NO CUP TIRES????

I'm just wondering what the Boss 302 crowd over at the Ford camp is thinking just now? I suspect they're saying, "Yeah, yeah....just wait til we get the 2015 Mustang, we'll show them there Camaro guys somethin'"! Well, they will have a lot of catchin up to do.

I'm trying to figure how I'm going to afford one of these!
The Boss 302 guys are thinking "nice car, enjoy guys", after all why should we have all the fun.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #647
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
. When it comes to spending real money, not just saying on Camaro5 that are going to get one, very few people will buy this car.
And that is the whole purpose of this car. It's going to be very limited because of its purpose as a street legal car you can drive to the track and race then drive home. No fancy trailers needed...For any other purpose there is already a Camaro you can buy that will work.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #648
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
I say kudo's to GM for finally getting the Z28 out of the gate. Can't say I'm a fan of the new 2014 rear or the fugly hood but camaro guys have been screaming for the LS7 from the factory for a while. IMO the Z28 is going to fill that "collectable" factor for camaro fan's that has been missing (with the exception of the COPO). So glad to see muscle cars making a strong comeback, no matter which of the "big three" your a fan of...
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #649
Kevlar382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
And that is the whole purpose of this car. It's going to be very limited because of its purpose as a street legal car you can drive to the track and race then drive home. No fancy trailers needed...For any other purpose there is already a Camaro you can buy that will work.
It will be very limited because very few people will want it. I think its embarrassing that they had to strip it down to a car that is not worth having to make it fast.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #650
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
It will be very limited because very few people will want it. I think its embarrassing that they had to strip it down to a car that is not worth having to make it fast.
You just don't get it. Why not buy a ZL1 instead???
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #651
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Actually it will be limited because they are only allowed to build X amount of LS7's a year...
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #652
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

They'll sell as many as can be built.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #653
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
You don't understand, it's being made for a limited group of people, not for everyone. Those that are serious track people... They have the ZL1 and 1LE for everyone else...
Old 03-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #654
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
I'm weeping in my pants!
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #655
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
It's worth having because of the performance. Just because you don't like it that way doesn't mean others don't.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #656
Kevlar382

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
You just don't get it. Why not buy a ZL1 instead???
I have a ZL1. Don't see why people wouldn't want to drive to the with track in more comfort and have just as much fun. I was planning on buying a Z/28 also but was hoping it would be a 1LE LS7. (and keep the ZL1) I love Z/28's, I still have the 71 RS Z/28 my parents bought new me for my 16th birthday, and kept buying other Z/28s though out the different gens. The 71 is the only one I thought was worth keeping. I also have a 57 Chevy Conv that my dad bought new and left it to me when he died. I have 7 cars and the only ones I don't drive are those because they have no air, am in one and 8 track in the other.
I DO GET IT. I totally understand the car. Just don't understand why people would want it in todays world and why they would settle for it. Most won't go that much faster in the Z/28 than the ZL1 or the 1LE for that matter, the couple times a year that they track there car. They would probable have just as much fun in almost any high performance car. Just don't see why I should give up the nicest things about a car to maybe go a little faster. Just how fast they are really going to be is yet to be seen.
I'm guessing the gen 6 Z/28 will be faster and I will be able to get it the way I want. This one seems like a way to use up C6 Vette parts that they didn't know what to do with, but it wasn't fast enough so they striped it. I will be keeping my ZL1 also because it's any unbelievable car on the street that is also a lot of fun on a track.
Sorry to vent on you guys, just wish they would have let us who don't care about a second or two a lap order the car the way we wanted it. Was really looking forward to having both Zs.
Hope everybody has a safe and happy Easter
Old 03-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #657
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
I have a ZL1. Don't see why people wouldn't want to drive to the with track in more comfort and have just as much fun. I was planning on buying a Z/28 also but was hoping it would be a 1LE LS7. (and keep the ZL1) I love Z/28's, I still have the 71 RS Z/28 my parents bought new me for my 16th birthday, and kept buying other Z/28s though out the different gens. The 71 is the only one I thought was worth keeping. I also have a 57 Chevy Conv that my dad bought new and left it to me when he died. I have 7 cars and the only ones I don't drive are those because they have no air, am in one and 8 track in the other.
I DO GET IT. I totally understand the car. Just don't understand why people would want it in todays world and why they would settle for it. Most won't go that much faster in the Z/28 than the ZL1 or the 1LE for that matter, the couple times a year that they track there car. They would probable have just as much fun in almost any high performance car. Just don't see why I should give up the nicest things about a car to maybe go a little faster. Just how fast they are really going to be is yet to be seen.
I'm guessing the gen 6 Z/28 will be faster and I will be able to get it the way I want. This one seems like a way to use up C6 Vette parts that they didn't know what to do with, but it wasn't fast enough so they striped it. I will be keeping my ZL1 also because it's any unbelievable car on the street that is also a lot of fun on a track.
Sorry to vent on you guys, just wish they would have let us who don't care about a second or two a lap order the car the way we wanted it. Was really looking forward to having both Zs.
Hope everybody has a safe and happy Easter
I knew you had a ZL1. Based on your comments it's the car you should have.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #658
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Release of this mighty Z/28 reminds me of when Ford introduced the limited edition Boss 302 (especially the Laguna Seca) in 2011... targeted at track enthusiasts. Basically the Z/28 has a similar scope... for those seriously interested to primarily track it... but obviously there will be many who'll acquire one to garage and for bragging rights so to speak. This Z/28 is a game changer in terms of high performance muscle/track car capability... will be collectible as well. The ante has seriously risen.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 camaro z28, 2014 camaro z28 forum, 2014 camaro z28 forums, 2014 chevy camaro z28, 2014 z28, bad ass, camaro z28, camaro z28 forum, camaro z28 forums, chevy camaro z28, chevy camaro z28 forum, chevy camaro z28 forums, new camaro z28, new camaro z28 forum, new camaro z28 forums, z28 forum, z28 forums