Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 03-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #5251
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Rally Yellow & 68 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
I got Mr. Nasty ❤️❤️❤️
Yes Lil'Nasty I got beat tonight by a girl with 1/2 the HP. You now what they say spinning not winning LOL
AS OF 1/29/16 @ 633 RWHP=10.10@136
TOPED 700 PASSES AFTER F.I. AND STILL ON THE ORIGIANAL STOCK AXLE & DIFF
Mr. Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #5252
"OC"

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quick question for fellow ECC folk here, I would throw it on the forum for all but I know the first response would be "click the search button" or some smart ass comment like that. Anyways, I've been really wanting to start saving up to upgrade the Camaro performance wise, however since I have OCD/ADD I can never just research one part at a time because they all look impressive and I honestly can't tell the difference between a good and bad part. From my research it sounds like it's best to work from the engine and back to the exhaust when upgrading, is this true?
Also, I know there are builds on the forum, but is there a specific list for specific upgrades? All "Snow White" has is a CAI, Hurst short shifter and a Borla cat-back exhaust. I was looking at starting off with a ported throttle body, but don't really know the difference between Brand X and Brand Y.

Thank you in advance!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:22 PM   #5253
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OC" View Post
Quick question for fellow ECC folk here, I would throw it on the forum for all but I know the first response would be "click the search button" or some smart ass comment like that. Anyways, I've been really wanting to start saving up to upgrade the Camaro performance wise, however since I have OCD/ADD I can never just research one part at a time because they all look impressive and I honestly can't tell the difference between a good and bad part. From my research it sounds like it's best to work from the engine and back to the exhaust when upgrading, is this true?

Also, I know there are builds on the forum, but is there a specific list for specific upgrades? All "Snow White" has is a CAI, Hurst short shifter and a Borla cat-back exhaust. I was looking at starting off with a ported throttle body, but don't really know the difference between Brand X and Brand Y.

Thank you in advance!

Personally, I'm going to go headers and intake with a tune first. Eventually, I'll get to exhaust, but the stock one flows pretty well. I'd be more concerned with suspension than exhaust.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #5254
"OC"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Personally, I'm going to go headers and intake with a tune first. Eventually, I'll get to exhaust, but the stock one flows pretty well. I'd be more concerned with suspension than exhaust.
What brand of headers would you suggest? Any to steer clear of? I've heard that some tend to rust pretty quickly.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:37 PM   #5255
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nasty View Post
Yes Lil'Nasty I got beat tonight by a girl with 1/2 the HP. You now what they say spinning not winning LOL
Better watch out when Milissa lines up against you at Pony Wars

Quote:

Thank you in advance!
Search bar doesnt always work thats why i never use it lol

Anyways, what are your goals? Stay Naturally aspirated or eventually go FI?

Some simple starter mods (to build on what you have already) I would recommend a Elite catch can, a separate clutch reservoir and a Vmax ported throttle body. Another relatively cheap mod to do is the JDP Heater Hose location (on the V8.) The heater hoses that go over the intake manifold cause a good bit of heat soak and relocating them can lower IAT's.

Then I would get some Stainless Works Headers 1 7/8", High flow cats. Not to forget a good dyno tune.

As for suspension, I would get some sways and springs to start off, and work your way to replacing the bushings, factory stamped toe links and arms, unless you dont want to get too crazy lol

I only listed a few things because obviously they're so many mods to choose from but hope this helps.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #5256
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
What brand of headers would you suggest? Any to steer clear of? I've heard that some tend to rust pretty quickly.
I would do header and tune gain a little HP something you can feel. Am running stainless work their a good fit had mine for 2 year.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #5257
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Lil' Nasty
It will be ok with a little more grip at the track.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #5258
"OC"

Probably going to stay all "naturale"...I've already tried hinting at getting FI to the Mrs. and she wasn't hearing it even though she loves driving the car just as much as me...

All great suggestions, was thinking about the PTB, but wasn't sure what kind of headers to get...

Thanks for all the help!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #5259
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Ah, the old NA/FI dilemma. For those of us NA, in any make car, the progression is generally:

Intake
Cat-back
Ported/bigger TB
<Tune>
Underdrive pulley
Long tube headers
<Tune>
Cam
<Tune>
Electric water pump
Ported heads
<Tune>

You might want to listen to a similar Camaro with long tubes - they can be quite loud, and with a cam - very loud. I make a point to every now and then apologize to my two next door neighbors and stay on good terms with them.

If you can find and stick with one decent/honest shop, they can help you map out the future of your "spending" While I do most of my own work, I'm a big believer in a tree-hugger kind of way to "buy locally" if possible to support, quite literally, your neighbors, so in Florida, I've personally had excellent work done at:

SS Performance - Tallahassee
EFI Alchemy - Jacksonville

Florida Speed & Performance - occasionally travels from south Florida to Panama City, other ECC members have used with excellent results.
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #5260
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
��killer Bees at sonic tonight
The fantastic "Four".
Old 03-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #5261
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
Ah, the old NA/FI dilemma. For those of us NA, in any make car, the progression is generally:

Intake
Cat-back
Ported/bigger TB
<Tune>
Underdrive pulley
Long tube headers
<Tune>
Cam
<Tune>
Electric water pump
Ported heads
<Tune>

You might want to listen to a similar Camaro with long tubes - they can be quite loud, and with a cam - very loud. I make a point to every now and then apologize to my two next door neighbors and stay on good terms with them.

If you can find and stick with one decent/honest shop, they can help you map out the future of your "spending" While I do most of my own work, I'm a big believer in a tree-hugger kind of way to "buy locally" if possible to support, quite literally, your neighbors, so in Florida, I've personally had excellent work done at:

SS Performance - Tallahassee
EFI Alchemy - Jacksonville

Florida Speed & Performance - occasionally travels from south Florida to Panama City, other ECC members have used with excellent results.
Looks like a good plan for you "OC" for NA set up. And I have worked with SS performance for 2 years on my car great guys to work with.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #5262
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:

Thank you in advance!
OC I got my PTB from Phil very fast delivery. Heres a post from him and he's in FL.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277041

Headers -I have a complete exhaust from LG Motorsports and like it! But SW,ARH,Kooks they r all GOOD!! And I probably missed 1 or 2. Cheaper $ headers TSP.

Last edited by UF4LIFE102SS; 03-02-2014 at 01:03 PM.
UF4LIFE102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #5263
NoleLife

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Sooo, apparently doing a donut in a campus parking lot is frowned upon.
NoleLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #5264
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleLife View Post
Sooo, apparently doing a donut in a campus parking lot is frowned upon.
Making sure to put some good use on those tires before you replace them?
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote