Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #1
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
Spoiler Help

I have a 2010 rally yellow 2LT Camaro, no original spoiler and I like the ASC Z28 style spoiler. I contacted Kurt and he said that it doesn't come with a template. I figure it would be hard to eyeball the holes to drill but any help or opinions to do this project is much appreciated!!!
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:07 PM   #2
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Make your on template with a piece of cardboard
Old 10-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-10 View Post
Make your on template with a piece of cardboard
Agreed. This spoiler looks the best on the 5th gens imo. I have a 2 piece wickerbill on order also
Attached Images

Black 2019 SS A10, MBRP Exhuast, Soler performance Ported Throttlebody, Cold Air Inductions CAI, BMR equipped, Stance SFO7 on nitto NT555G2 tires, Limited Edition White Racing Seats, ZL1 1LE Splitter, Carbon Sideskirts, Gorilla Splitters areo kit, Next Gen Speed Diffuser, JWmotorsports LED side markers

Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:57 PM   #4
Yellow Bullet

Thanks

Thank you for your help
Old 12-13-2017, 05:28 AM   #5
Yellow Bullet

BUMP!!! I have ordered an Anvil notch spoiler (backorder of course) and would like some advice on installing that

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Old 12-13-2017, 09:08 PM   #6
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
You're going to have your hands full installing it . Use the cardboard from the box it comes in and make a template. There are 5 plugs in the trunk lid liner that you'll need to pop out ( You may not have these don't know). The spoiler over hangs the trunk lid slightly so you have to account for that. Drill small pilot holes and work up to the correct size holes for the studs. You may have to go out and buy the nuts to secure the spoiler to the trunk (not sure what the thread pitch is for the studs) . Also I would go out and buy some 1 sided foam tape so you can seal the spoiler to the trunk to keep water from leaking in. Buy touch up pant for the holes after you drill them to keep them from rusting . Mount the spoiler but do not over tighten the nuts . You don't want to damage the spoiler . Once it's mounted put the plugs back in the truck lid. The spoiler comes with rubber pads put them on the bottom side ends of the spoiler to protect the rear quarter panels . Also you may need to adjust the trunk lid closed height. The 2 bumpers one each side under the trunk lid are adjustable . Raise or lower them till the ends of the spoiler don't rest on the quarter panels ( small air gap) .

Coop
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2017, 09:32 PM   #7
Yellow Bullet

Thank you for your input sir

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Old 12-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #8
1Coopgt

Hope it helps.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:51 PM   #9
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #10
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
You're going to have your hands full installing it . Use the cardboard from the box it comes in and make a template. There are 5 plugs in the trunk lid liner that you'll need to pop out ( You may not have these don't know). The spoiler over hangs the trunk lid slightly so you have to account for that. Drill small pilot holes and work up to the correct size holes for the studs. You may have to go out and buy the nuts to secure the spoiler to the trunk (not sure what the thread pitch is for the studs) . Also I would go out and buy some 1 sided foam tape so you can seal the spoiler to the trunk to keep water from leaking in. Buy touch up pant for the holes after you drill them to keep them from rusting . Mount the spoiler but do not over tighten the nuts . You don't want to damage the spoiler . Once it's mounted put the plugs back in the truck lid. The spoiler comes with rubber pads put them on the bottom side ends of the spoiler to protect the rear quarter panels . Also you may need to adjust the trunk lid closed height. The 2 bumpers one each side under the trunk lid are adjustable . Raise or lower them till the ends of the spoiler don't rest on the quarter panels ( small air gap) .

Coop
that spoil their looks really nice on your car
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:36 PM   #11
1Coopgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
that spoil their looks really nice on your car
Thank you .