Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #15
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Exclamation Thoughts on the March 16th delay....

....sorry but we're putting the final touches on NAIAS so I was not able to get on the site for the past couple of days -- but I started to read thru the IDL thread -- and DEAR GOD there is WAY too much mis-information out there.

Thoughts:

1. The one month delay is to bring you the BEST POSSIBLE Camaro ever....Let me assure you that the 'easy' thing to do would be to build the car -- get your money -- and then have you bring the cars back for 'little dissatisfiers' -- which, in reality would be upsetting to most people that they had to take a new car back for service -- .......and we are NOT willing to do that. The Camaro team feels that we need to sweat every detail on this car so that you will be completely satisfied at delivery - but MORE importantly -- you'll still have that grin on your face years after delivery.

BELIEVE ME - no one wants to 'delay' a start-up -- but we are doing this in YOUR interest as well as ours. (.....we could use the money right now....but it isn't worth it to ignore little nuances that need to be addressed.......)

2. We are NOT focusing only on V6s. We understand -- and frankly, are blessed -- that we have so many Camaro enthusiasts that have turned this car into a lifestyle -- (and some might say: addiction!)

Now for a personal comment: whomever feels we don't care about enthusiasts is living in a vacuum.
I could list for hours the things we have done to involve our valued enthusiasts in everything about this car........from electing "the 12 disciples of which there are 15" to sharing information about this car LONNGGGGGGGGGG before we -- or any other manufacturer -- has done ....EVER........

I have personally put in thousands of hours of my own time to keep the community together -- and to try and keep the faith within the community. I don't expect anyone to thank me -- or to 'cowtow' to me -- I chose to do it because, like you, I LOVE THE CAMARO -- and it was -- and is -- the right thing to do.......but when I hear someone say "GM doesn't care about us" I get a *bit upset*......

We ARE going to provide each dealer with a new Camaro -- for many reasons: We want people to come in and sit in the car -- to drive the car -- to fall in love with the car -- and to order the car of their dreams -- and we're doing it with the V6 car because we KNOW that a large percentage of our enthusiasts want a V8 engine -- so rather than build a 'stock' V8 -- we'll build V6s for stock -- and build V8s to get you your 'sold' order as soon as we can.

I know for a fact that many dealers have asked us to build them a 'stock' car so that they can have a "Camaro Celebration" with their local Camaro clubs. And -- it's no surprise that most of these cars will be Silver -- because, you see -- the Silver Concept blew people away --even people who would never normally consider a Camaro as their 'car of choice' -- and the production car is a dead ringer to the concept --......

.....oh - by the way -- CAFE will play a role in future years of the Camaro -- but right now, we're safe.......

We are not **completely stupid** -- we KNOW how badly you want your new Camaros -- and it's our intent to do whatever we can to get them to you ASAP -- BUT - we won't ship cars until we're confident that we've taken care of any outstanding issue.

Now -- I must warn you -- John, Cheryl and I are going to be tied up with NAIAS for the next several days -- so we won't be able to come onto this site at will and answer your questions - and if the thread goes to a couple of hundred posts -- I won't be able to read 'em all.......

What I would simply ask you to do is know that:

>We are BLESSED to have you as a Camaro Enthusiast
>We want your new Camaro to be the best car you've ever owned..
>We only wish we could see the grins on your collective faces the first time you get behind the wheel -- turn the key -- and drive at a *lively pace* out of the dealership.
>We are working long into the night to address any issues that we feel need to be addressed before shipping new Camaros to you.
>We want to sell as many Camaros as possible -- because that allows us to work on a 6th gen........but to do that, we also know that the car has to appeal to more than just enthusiasts -- and that's where the V6 comes into play.......

Thanks for your continued patience -- I think you'll find the wait was more than worthwhile..........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #16
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up

very much appreciated!! Thanks for the info
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #17
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
wait, didn't you just post this here?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11517

either way, it's still great to hear it again. every reassurance helps!

ps - any news on Cyber Gray?
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #18
IRONMAN/SS

Drives: 2000 Nissan Maxima
this is more frequently visited than the dealer part of the forum.

Scott where is Cyber Gray Metallic? thought i'd ask while we have you here.

Love @ 1st sight
IRONMAN/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #19
2010 SS
Elderly Man

Drives: Your Local Bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
>We want to sell as many Camaros as possible -- because that allows us to work on a 6th gen........but to do that, we also know that the car has to appeal to more than just enthusiasts -- and that's where the V6 comes into play......
This V6 Camaro is going to be a huge success for Chevy in the general market. Having a powerful 300hp coupe for $10k less than what other companies would charge for the same power is huge.

The V6 is hands down the best in it's class when it comes to power/cost. Obviously undercutting the ever popular Mustang GT and V6. Same story for the SS, similarly HP & feautred cars go for $40k easily. See: G8 GXP, Challenger & Charger SRT 8.

400hp & Brembos for $30k is unheard of. 1 month ago I wasn't even looking for a Chevy until I stumbled upon the price and specs. Now I'm sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
Hmmm... CAFE to play a role in the future? I know that doesn't mean the Camaro will go away... so we're getting a hybrid? Electric Voltmaro?
Maybe 4-Cylinder Turbo.
2010 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #20
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Scott, thank you so much for your input on this issue. i'm sure you've noticed the 28 pages of moaning & groaning just since this morning! your reassurance goes a long way towards many people keeping their orders and being happy with GM for years to come. hope y'all have a great weekend at NAIAS!
Ditto.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #21
etrigan

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black Camaro
fbodfather - thank you for taking time to write in today. this post has been a breath of fresh air after reading all the negative post all day long.

VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9106795

1100, Preliminary order accepted:10/13/08
6000, Del. to me:5/20/09
etrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #22
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Thanks Scott...feel much better now!!!
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #23
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Didn't I post in this? What happened? We need a moderator.

I like how you squeaked that in there zebra...CGM...
Old 01-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #24
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Thank you for everything again.

On another note. I just noticed your avatar is the DEJ Camaro and you have had that for awhile. Cool!!

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #25
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Same thread?
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #26
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
wait, didn't you just post this here?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11517

?

Yup -- I did -- but I need to *once again* calm some people down - and if that means that I have to make multiple posts -- in different parts of this site -- so be it --

(....I'm afraid some people are going to die of a stroke or worse......)

(.....but I DID take the "C.Greg" part out.....)

Last edited by fbodfather; 01-09-2009 at 10:22 PM.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #27
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
I have personally put in thousands of hours of my own time to keep the community together -- and to try and keep the faith within the community. I don't expect anyone to thank me -- or to 'cowtow' to me -- I chose to do it because, like you, I LOVE THE CAMARO -- and it was -- and is -- the right thing to do.......but when I hear someone say "GM doesn't care about us" I get a *bit upset*......
Thanks fbodfather.....we do appreciate you so much. We can't wait to get our hands on a Camaro...i'm so excited I can barely sleep at night!

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #28
IRONMAN/SS

Drives: 2000 Nissan Maxima
just so u guys know i was the first to ask about cgm in this one and the other thread with the same topic. give credit where its due. no offense zebra.

Love @ 1st sight
IRONMAN/SS is offline   Reply With Quote