Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-24-2018, 10:57 AM   #29
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
"...I did the fuse pull, and in my 2SS with NPP I was not liking the change to 4 cyl with the AFM. "

-THIS-.

I start mine up, and it has a very nasty -BLATT!_ on startup. Sitting there for around 20-30 seconds, there is a definite attenuation of the sound level as it warms up.
On road ways, the V4 mode definitely cuts the sound level. Applying light accelerator, the flaps in the exhaust open up, and return to the pleasant exhaust note.

This flap actuation can at times be heard as a definite kind of "slap-shut" thing. It seems to be linked to AFM.
I wish i could get rid of that. Sounds like a 'puntain ride " bouncing back&forth in slow urban driving.

The fuse was pulled- by help from the dealer long time ago. By a very helpful salesman dude !!!
So it's not gonna void any warranty coverage.

Maybe if I just got underneath, and unplugged those dayam back pressure valves that keep it from popping under zero throttle???
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:31 AM   #30
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
Um, you don't need any tools or pliers to pull the fuse, see the WHITE fuse puller located to the left. Just thought it was funny in the video the guy never even noticed that...lol
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:18 AM   #31
zag

Drives: 2018 camaro 2 ss
Back on the first page, Corvette Mike asked what NPP meant. I would also like to know what the letters NPP stand for?

Thanks
zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #32
2SSRedline

Drives: '18 Camaro SS Redline, '20 Bolt EV
Quote:
Originally Posted by zag View Post
Back on the first page, Corvette Mike asked what NPP meant. I would also like to know what the letters NPP stand for?

Thanks

It is simply the RPO code for that option.
2SSRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #33
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
"...I did the fuse pull, and in my 2SS with NPP I was not liking the change to 4 cyl with the AFM. "

-THIS-.

I start mine up, and it has a very nasty -BLATT!_ on startup. Sitting there for around 20-30 seconds, there is a definite attenuation of the sound level as it warms up.
On road ways, the V4 mode definitely cuts the sound level. Applying light accelerator, the flaps in the exhaust open up, and return to the pleasant exhaust note.

This flap actuation can at times be heard as a definite kind of "slap-shut" thing. It seems to be linked to AFM.
I wish i could get rid of that. Sounds like a 'puntain ride " bouncing back&forth in slow urban driving.

The fuse was pulled- by help from the dealer long time ago. By a very helpful salesman dude !!!
So it's not gonna void any warranty coverage.

Maybe if I just got underneath, and unplugged those dayam back pressure valves that keep it from popping under zero throttle???
You also have AFM specific valves in the exhaust, so that might be making things wonky.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:28 PM   #34
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
The fart sound comes from the AFM valve. You can delete/ disabler the AFM with a Range.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:27 AM   #35
SteevK

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper blue A8 NPP MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
The fart sound comes from the AFM valve. You can delete/ disabler the AFM with a Range.
I bought a Range AFM defeat from Amazon for about $105, then found one on Woot.com (an Amazon company) for $60. I bought the Woot one, and returned the Amazon one.

I rarely use it, since watching the "V4" light up in slow-moving traffic keeps me amused. Funny thing, the Vitesse throttle control makes AFM kick in MORE - go figure...
Old 01-31-2019, 01:46 PM   #36
ste1n

Drives: 2019 2SS
Has anyone tried this on a 19 refresh? I remember reading somewhere saying that pulling the fuse triggered a cell.
ste1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:11 PM   #37
breakskeet
Kevin

Drives: 2018 Callaway Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1n View Post
Has anyone tried this on a 19 refresh? I remember reading somewhere saying that pulling the fuse triggered a cell.
On my 2018 ZLE, I pulled the exhaust fuse and it triggered a CEL.
breakskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:48 AM   #38
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
My 2018 SS M6 did not trip my CEL... Mayhap the AFM valves run on the same circuit, now?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:31 PM   #39
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
My friend has a 2013 ZL1 Camaro with the dual NPP exhaust and he cannot pull the fuse either because it will trigger a CEL. Maybe it's a ZL1 thing.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #40
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I had the fuse pulled on my '13 ZL1 and it never threw a CEL. It decel popped and backfired like crazy when cold though.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #41
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post

I noticed this when I pulled the fuse and I have the Range AFM disabler. No more "fart" sound upon startup. I like it better without that sound and so will my neighbors.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote