Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #15
Evilkosh99

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
I'm in somewhat of a similar situation, and here's the info I can figure on it:

There are two ways the dealer can approach the situation
1. Putting your car specs on the in-progress order (with the other person's name on it) and prioritizing you to be next.
2. Entering in a new order with your information and prioritizing you to be next (dealer has this flexibility through the priority system)

The benefits of 1 are that chances are it was ordered during the early-order period and would still qualify for that pricing (as long as the dealer will honor it) and that it will have the early order code on the window sticker (may be a bump in resale value and any other benefits that we don't know of yet).

I think if you get a print-out of your workbench order and have the dealer cross off the original person's info. and put yours down and sign it, that you are pretty well protected. I think this will be the route I will go. Also, get details on whatever the dealer signs regarding the early order pricing.

Good Luck
Old 04-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #16
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
The dealer should have just swapped your priority with the first one.

When you take delivery of your car (with the other name on it), there will be no price protection paid to he dealer because the names don't match.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #17
KK2010SS
Budafinger

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
The dealer should have just swapped your priority with the first one.

When you take delivery of your car (with the other name on it), there will be no price protection paid to he dealer because the names don't match.
Thanks RPO_Z28. I was hoping you or Scotty could provide your opinion on this. I still have my old order workbench so I am hoping that provides some level of safety for the pricing. My dealer doesn’t seem shady at all; I just don’t think he knows how to use the system correctly. As I mentioned in an earlier post, he gave everyone priority 1 instead of using the priority number like it should be used. Besides the price protection, is there any other negative effects to doing the order like this? Since the name won’t match, I won’t be able to call the 800 number correct?

Thanks again for everyone’s feedback.
2019 ZL1 Riverside Blue Metallic VIN #041
KK2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote