Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #71
Ryan@Lingenfelter

Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
That's an ACS hood. I think it's called a GTZ?

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
That is our LPE GTZ hood. Here is a link to it on our site:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...w=&range_high=

They are in stock, ready to ship.

Ryan
Attached Images

Ryan@Lingenfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #72
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
Funny, I like everything but that hood. It looks like some fat person sat on it and bent it in (maybe they did). So many better hoods out there, imo.

Oh, and not big on the price either. Otherwise a nice lookin' Camaro.
Yeah, haha, The problem being they need a QUALITY hood, I would say that 80% of the aftermarket hoods on C5 have fitment issues somewhere, some a lot worse than others, and that just isnt an option when people are expecting factory quality.

Which is why they went with Lingenfelter. The only hood I would buy for my car is the ZL1 hood, Ive seen and had too many issues with fiberglass hoods.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #73
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssasdad View Post
Man I just noticed something. Youve been a member of C5 since 2009 and you still dont own a 5th Gen camaro!! That sucks man:(. Your a bigger man than me. There is no way I could come on here all the time and see people enjoying their cars if i didnt have one. What are you waiting for!! No matter what you buy,there will always be something better coming out next. There is going to be a C6 before you can really enjoy C5!!! Good luck with your car purchase man,I hope you strike it rich and by a 5th Gen that puts all ours to shame!!
Let me tell you don't know the agony. I've been struggling for most of my life until a couple of years ago when I finally got a job that I felt comfortable in and could earn money that could help me have a lifestyle that could coincide with owning a performance vehicle. I have learned to share in the enthusiasm through the owners here and it has and will prepare me for when I do get my car. I am getting one this summer and I am so excited I've already got lots of mods bought and can't wait to get it all together. Yep, this place can really suck out your bank account if you don't stay in control. I'll be putting up a journal once I have it on order sometime in May.

Even though I have been a member since 2009, I really wasn't active here until 2011 shortly after I started my new job.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 03-02-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #74
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
I like the matt black hood with the hash marks, would love to do that to my car with just the stock hood. Wonder if anyone offers it?
Every body shop.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #75
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Yeah, haha, The problem being they need a QUALITY hood, I would say that 80% of the aftermarket hoods on C5 have fitment issues somewhere, some a lot worse than others, and that just isnt an option when people are expecting factory quality.

Which is why they went with Lingenfelter. The only hood I would buy for my car is the ZL1 hood, Ive seen and had too many issues with fiberglass hoods.
Yep, Lingenfelter's stuff is some of the best out there. Great people to deal with.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #76
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
I think they should of gone more for power adders than looks with this package.
CamaroTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #77
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccinator View Post
I think they should of gone more for power adders than looks with this package.

You would think they at least would have used some of the GMPP preformance stuff. The heads and cam kit for example. I mean it's only 40HP or so and I think 25 ftlbs but it is MORE. The brakes too. They should offer the ZL1 brake upgrade.

I have some ideas of what I'll do to mine once it gets here... I like that hood though. I've since decided that most likely the only thing coming from the GMPP catalog is the ZL1 brakes and if the price is off I'm just doing the CTS-V swap. It just doesn't sit right with me that they left the brakes out of the 1LE package.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #78
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Love the 1LE Camaro's and this is a super cool one to be sure
2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #79
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Let me tell you don't know the agony. I've been struggling for most of my life until a couple of years ago when I finally got a job that I felt comfortable in and could earn money that could help me have a lifestyle that could coincide with owning a performance vehicle. I have learned to share in the enthusiasm through the owners here and it has and will prepare me for when I do get my car. I am getting one this summer and I am so excited I've already got lots of mods bought and can't wait to get it all together. Yep, this place can really suck out your bank account if you don't stay in control. I'll be putting up a journal once I have it on order sometime in May.

Even though I have been a member since 2009, I really wasn't active here until 2011 shortly after I started my new job.
Awesome man!! Make sure and post pics as soon as you get your new car!!!
alyssasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #80
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
that thing is sick! I like it!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #81
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post

Featured on Camaro5 HOMEPAGE

Attachment 478688

Attachment 478689

Attachment 478690

Attachment 478691

Attachment 478692

NEW BERGER CHEVROLET CAMARO 1LE SPECIAL EDITION SHINES ON THE STREET AND TRACK

Value-priced package adds concept-inspired style, offers capability-enhancing options

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Berger Chevrolet announces the release of its new, exclusive Berger Camaro 1LE, a uniquely styled version of Chevy’s track-oriented performance coupe. The Berger 1LE is available now with a suggested retail price of $39,985.

It is the latest special edition from one of the most renowned dealers in high-performance, with more than 40 years of heritage developing power- and appearance-enhancing packages for new Chevrolets.

“The Berger Camaro 1LE builds on an already great-performing car and gives it greater distinction,” said dealer Matt Berger. “It’s a great value that delivers style, exclusivity and excellent track capability for less than $40,000.”

The car’s visual elements are inspired by Chevrolet’s original 1LE SEMA Show vehicle and blended with the signature styling cues that have been associated with the West Michigan dealership’s performance models for more than four decades.

Unique features of the Berger Camaro 1LE include:
• Painted hood and heritage-style front-fender hash marks based on the 2012 1LE SEMA vehicle
• Blacked-out front grille enclosure
• Chevrolet Accessories heritage grille with bowtie bracket
• Berger-signature blacked-out rear panel with matching black taillight surrounds and “By Berger” rear emblem
• Black-painted wheel hub flanges
• Blacked-out front and rear bowtie surrounds
• Heritage blue front and rear bowties
• Custom 1LE front fender and rear deck lid badges with Heritage blue trim
• Billet “By Berger” underhood emblem and “Prescribed Power” underhood graphic
• “Prescribed Power” interior emblem.

The cost of the Berger Camaro 1LE is only $2,950 more than the MSRP of a factory Camaro 1SS-based 1LE. Additional appearance and suspension equipment is optional.

Core elements of the Camaro 1LE’s track-capable driving dynamics remain unaltered with the Berger edition, including the specific TREMEC six-speed manual transmission with close-ratio gearing that’s matched with a numerically higher 3.91 rear-axle ratio.

Additional chassis and suspension features of the factory package include monotube rear dampers in place of the standard SS’s twin-tube shocks, along with a larger 27mm solid front stabilizer bar, 28mm solid rear bar and a strut tower brace – all designed for greater body motion control and minimal roll in corners. A number of ZL1-based parts are also part of the factory package, including 20x10-inch wheels and 285/35ZR20 Goodyear Supercar G:2 tires, wheel bearings, toe links and rear shocks mounts, as well as the ZL1’s high-capacity fuel pump and additional fuel pickups that ensure unimpeded fuel delivery during high-load cornering.

“We didn’t mess with what works so well with the excellent 1LE package,” said Berger. “The unique transmission ratios and 3.91 gear totally transform the performance feel of the car, compared with a standard SS, but for those who want to take the performance of their car to the next level, we offer tailored upgrades that help the 1LE get around the track even quicker.”

Berger’s optional handling package costs $1,685 and includes:
• Wider 305/35ZR20 Goodyear F1 Supercar G:2 rear tires for enhanced grip
• Pfadt Race engineering coil springs with increased spring rate and approximately 1.25-inch lowered ride height
• Track-oriented four-wheel alignment.

Additional options include an aero package, with ZL1 composite lower rocker extensions and rear spoiler, for $1,190, and a composite extractor hood for $1,355.

“All in, a fully optioned Berger Camaro 1LE runs $48,890 on a 1SS model,” says Berger. “That’s about $7,500 less than the base price for a ZL1, while offering tremendous track capability and uncompromising drivability on the street. We can also do horsepower enhancements, but they’re handled individually with each customer.”

Berger Chevrolet was founded in 1925, in Grand Rapids, Mich., and has long been known as one of the preeminent high-performance dealerships, with “Prescribed Power” performance packages and special models offered since the 1960s. Berger Chevrolet was one of the original selling dealers for the 1969 COPO Camaros and sold one of the original 69 1969 Camaro ZL-1 models.
This takes my current favourite Camaro, and a true test of my Boss adoration and ramps up the appeal factor quite a bit. Nicely done!

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #82
NMSS#12

Drives: Neiman Marcus Edition / ZL1
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
A composite extractor hood which is a $1,355 option
You have # 206 and your in Virginia, I have # 205 and its in Las Vegas. Funny how they spread around like a cob web all over the country !
NMSS#12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #83
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMSS#12 View Post
You have # 206 and your in Virginia, I have # 205 and its in Las Vegas. Funny how they spread around like a cob web all over the country !
Wow! Lol. Hopefully I'll run into you for some pics! I may be coming to the west coast in a few months. I find out in a couple of weeks.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #84
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
This

Looks bad-ass!
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote