Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #85
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Well service manager is out until Monday and I don't want to speak to anybody else. So next update will be monday
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #86
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
*Jeopardy Tune*
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:10 AM   #87
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:51 AM   #88
moE_09

Got rly busy yday so I'm gonna call later around 2 sorry guys
Old 10-14-2014, 10:08 PM   #89
moE_09

So called. And the service manager said that he doesn't think it's nesscAry to do that part change with ur tsb bc it's a different engine? But isn't it the same part in both engines ? And he said a tech wants to go for a ride in the car with me so I'll do that in the morning and see if he says anything
Old 10-15-2014, 08:21 AM   #90
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
The point of my post about the rice crispies thing is that I believe they changed something in say 2011 to rid that problem. They also changed the heater hose routing from on top of the intake manifold. Maybe what they changed brings a new situation to the table that is similar but derived from the same condition in the heater core and appurtenances.

BTW, there were numerous threads on that subject back then
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #91
moE_09

Thank you for the post I showed it to the dealer and at first he told me it couldn't be that I just took him for a ride and now he's saying it's a possiblity that it may be that but he wants to talk to Gm bc it won't be covered under warranty work bc the tsb is for a v8 but he also wants to look under the hood more I suppose he never drove it to see bc he was kinda surprised at how clear the noise was when I drove it and going back Monday to see what he can do
Old 10-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #92
snymat68

Yay for progress (however slow it may be).
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
Old 10-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #93
moE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
Yay for progress (however slow it may be).
Yea it's been months -_- it's not even worth claiming a lemon law over I think bc it's not effectingr anything... Yet
Old 10-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #94
2014RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Ashen Grey Metallic RS
hissing noise

I'm hearing the same sound in my 14 RS. Same location and everything. Very upsetting considering I haven't had it a year yet. I agree the issue is exhaust related, do you guys think it could be a hole in the exhaust ? Because as pressure builds it seems to get louder then when the RPMs drop after it shifts, it gets quite again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:02 PM   #95
moE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014RS View Post
I'm hearing the same sound in my 14 RS. Same location and everything. Very upsetting considering I haven't had it a year yet. I agree the issue is exhaust related, do you guys think it could be a hole in the exhaust ? Because as pressure builds it seems to get louder then when the RPMs drop after it shifts, it gets quite again.

I'm going back to th dealer hopeuflly Monday or Tuesday and hopeuflly this time they can figure out what the problem is
Old 10-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #96
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014RS View Post

I hear it at low RPMs. People with both stock and aftermarket exhaust are hearing it and on both V8s and V6s so that leads me to believe that it is NOT exhaust related. I'm leaning more to a vacuum or coolant noise, probably related to that rise crispies noise again.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #97
snymat68

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I hear it at low RPMs. People with both stock and aftermarket exhaust are hearing it and on both V8s and V6s so that leads me to believe that it is NOT exhaust related. I'm leaning more to a vacuum or coolant noise, probably related to that rise crispies noise again.
Yeah. Mine REALLY doesn't sound like it's exhaust related.
Aesthetic Mods
Old 10-21-2014, 11:54 PM   #98
snymat68

Just realized tonight that mine also makes the noise on decel. as well as accel. if the rpms are above about 3000. Overall though, mine has been a lot more intermittent lately.
Aesthetic Mods