Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #771
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
cant wait to meet you buddy....hurry up!
Soon enough brotha we'll be pulling some meets & cruises!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Bro, that....^^^^ that^^^^^ wow, that...... truck is sick.... Love it....
Thanks SSE, (I'm knocking wood as I write this) That BEAST has given me 6 years of pleasure, dependability, a canvas to make it what it is today, and it's done that virtually trouble free! My buddy, a Philly cop, bought my first Tahoe, a 1997 and missed out when I sold my 2002 for this one, is begging me for this Hoe! He knows how I take care of & mod my cars, but this one I can see keeping for a long time! She's special

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Looking good as always brother, Your going to hate the weather back East!
Thanks Tim, ya gotta maintain right! I emailed Centree today about getting the dash plaques Brother, I spent 42 years on the right coast, so the 2 years in Cali didn't jade me, I used to fly back for Eagles games too. But , at least I'm going back in the spring I will miss the beautiful weather 99% of the time, some of the people I've met, and surfing almost everyday, but like Arnold said, "I'll be back".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
kickass monster bro ,that's one mean lookinn hoe ,when are you moving back?
Thanks P, got a few more mods planned for it too Should have a pic up tomorrow. The movers come next Friday for the house goods & the other cars. We're driving the Hoe back with the dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Damn nice Tahoe!!!
Thanks Paul, that's my baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Do ya think that Hoe can drag the ZLX all the way to NJ? From the looks of it and it's build sheet...I would say, "You bet your bippy it can!"

Gettin' ready for the big move? I hope all goes well for you John....just something about being home!! I know home can be anywhere one rests their head, but everyone needs a permanent resting place!....

Please be safe....

Kurt ABL99...
I'm now graced with the presence of the current Car Of The Week owner, (there's a lot of COTW's in this crowd ) Kurt, my brother, let me congratulate you again for FINALLY getting the recognition of owning one of the best Camaros in the country! But we already knew that, if this was Owners Of The Week, you would've been #1 in line, it's been my pleasure calling the Kellers friends.

That Beast of Hoe can trailer the ZLX, but I'm leaving that in the hands of professionals. I wish I could just sit in her on the way back & sleep in that enclosed trailer! But with the dogs we're driving the Tahoe back, I wish it was more of a sightseeing trek or even drive the ZLX back since it just broke 3000 miles (and had 3 oil changes, so far ) We're fortunate to have kept our properties back there in South Jersey, so it was basically a 2 year hiatus and learning experience. I only have one regret, that one person won't be there when I get back, the person that mattered the most. But thanks to you, and another brother, I'm getting better with it, so hopefully it's a relatively smooth transition. I actually think Timmy gave me a couple signs today. My main concern are the dogs, my oldest is 12, a Weimaraner, so I want the trip as stress free as possible for him.

As you know the ZLX is at Cunningham MotorSports getting worked for the final time. The last piece of the puzzle right now for the engine is an 8 rib pulley conversion, so we're going the Innovators West kit.

The 6 rib at my power level is marginal at best. I'm making everything else as bullet-proof as possible, there's no point in not completing this, or I'll be shredding & popping belts more times than I care too.
I talked with Ryne about this and even though he has a great relationship with another shop back there, and we thought maybe let them do it, I couldn't, this is a CMS built car & I'm damn proud to point that out! From the beginning I told Ryne I want this to be his car and never gave him a deadline, I don't rush people that are masters of their trade, and he's never let me down. But this one has to be done by next Thursday at the latest, then I still have to pick up 80 miles away, because the car carrier is showing up the 26th. Ryne knew exactly where I was coming from, and that is why I consider him good people, and a good friend. I want to rep Cunningham MotorSports of SoCal proudly back on the east coast in shows, meets, races & mags, and he's going to make it happen. I can't thank him enough!!!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:00 AM   #772
sam.u.el

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
Absolutely beautiful car and build! I just nearly went through this entire thread but started to overdose on all the awesomness you put into it that i just had to stop and comment on what a great job you've done! I can only dream of doing as much to my car as you have to yours! Just amazing!
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #773
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
John,

Can you make it to C5Fest at Indy this year?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #774
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.u.el View Post
Absolutely beautiful car and build! I just nearly went through this entire thread but started to overdose on all the awesomness you put into it that i just had to stop and comment on what a great job you've done! I can only dream of doing as much to my car as you have to yours! Just amazing!
Thanks very much Sam! I appreciate when new members to my thread read it and make a comment like you did! It tells me I'm going in the right direction when you guys enjoy what I've built. Stop back cause it always seems like something new is happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
John,

Pete, I'm really going to try to attend it this year because I'll be back on the east coast, and much closer to the venue. Plus a chance to meet you & a bunch of other great people=Priceless!

Old 04-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #775
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Pete, I'm really going to try to attend it this year because I'll be back on the east coast, and much closer to the venue. Plus a chance to meet you & a bunch of other great people=Priceless!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #776
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #777
Kronix

Quote:
John,

Quote:
I just checked the location of it on Mapquest, and it's a 650 mile straight shot basically for me (I got giddy inside ) God willing, I'll be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I take it you boys will be caravanning from the lone star state? There's already a few members from back in Jerz that want to make the trip, that'll be a nice cruise! You going to trailer yours SSE?

Old 04-20-2013, 01:48 AM   #778
Kronix

I need to thank Jessica of Supercharger Connections for doing everything in her power to get me the 8 rib pulley kit overnighted to Cunningham Motorsports today! You rock Jess! Supercharger Connections has always come through for me.

Ryne of CMS and I pretty much agreed that at the power level, it would be best to go to an 8 rib set up, and since its at CMS for the clutch and axle upgrades, and since I'm heading back to NJ, we should do it now. I want this car a CMS build, and Rynr understood that, so between 2 great companies, CMS & SC Connections, it's going to happen! Thank you both!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #779
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I just checked the location of it on Mapquest, and it's a 650 mile straight shot basically for me (I got giddy inside ) God willing, I'll be there!

I take it you boys will be caravanning from the lone star state? There's already a few members from back in Jerz that want to make the trip, that'll be a nice cruise! You going to trailer yours SSE?
John,
You comin' to Indy this year? If so, I have to be there to get my "ZLX fix".

Kurt ABL99...
Old 04-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #780
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Quote:
I need to thank Jessica of Supercharger Connections for doing everything in her power to get me the 8 rib pulley kit overnighted to Cunningham Motorsports today! You rock Jess! Supercharger Connections has always come through for me.

Ryne of CMS and I pretty much agreed that at the power level, it would be best to go to an 8 rib set up, and since its at CMS for the clutch and axle upgrades, and since I'm heading back to NJ, we should do it now. I want this car a CMS build, and Rynr understood that, so between 2 great companies, CMS & SC Connections, it's going to happen! Thank you both!

Thanks! I am glad I got to help with another small(ish) part of your build!!
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #781
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Hey man just wanted to say you got a sweet car love the build. I hope to see it in person at some shows in NJ.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #782
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John,
You comin' to Indy this year? If so, I have to be there to get my "ZLX fix".

Kurt ABL99...
Kurt, the C5 Fest is definitely on my agenda this summer, especially since I checked out the route and see that it's about a 600 miles straight shot west of me. Lucky you that you're in the host state! I already have the dates circled on my calendar and once I'm settled back in NJ, I'll start making arrangements, I have a few things up my sleeve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika@SCC View Post
Thanks! I am glad I got to help with another small(ish) part of your build!!
Jess, you've been a BIG part of my build and responsible for about 100 or so RWHP The way you put everything together last week in one day was simply AWESOME & Ryne & I thank you BIG TIME!!! You'll always be the first call I make whenever I need anything for my Supercharger! You guys ROCK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Hey man just wanted to say you got a sweet car love the build. I hope to see it in person at some shows in NJ.
Thanks V & likewise to you. I've seen your build and can't wait to see it person! I know you've used ECS and that's who my builder, CMS recommends I use as well, so I'm sure you can help me out there! Once I'm back next week and settled, I have a few ideas I'd like to share with some fellow NJ/PA Camaro owners, you'd definitely be one of them! Stay tuned

As for the ZLX, the Mcloed RXT clutch & G Force Axles were installed on Thursday, like I've always said, Cunningham Motorsports is the BEST in the West! And thanks to Jess @ Supercharger Connections, she was able to get my 8 Rib Pulley kit delivered to CMS on Friday, and hopefully they'll go in today because the clock is ticking louder now. Ryne is also adding a 1LE fresh air PCV to the set up, the guy really knows his stuff! The ZLX has a date with the car hauler on Friday to start heading east.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #783
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:

Thanks V & likewise to you. I've seen your build and can't wait to see it person! I know you've used ECS and that's who my builder, CMS recommends I use as well, so I'm sure you can help me out there! Once I'm back next week and settled, I have a few ideas I'd like to share with some fellow NJ/PA Camaro owners, you'd definitely be one of them! Stay tuned
Thanks man. My opinion is your certainly moving back to a good area haha ECS is one of the best in the business. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Just shoot me a PM with anything or have any questions. Lot of good shows up coming in the area this year. Don't worry I'm tuned in
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #784
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Thanks man. My opinion is your certainly moving back to a good area haha ECS is one of the best in the business. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Just shoot me a PM with anything or have any questions. Lot of good shows up coming in the area this year. Don't worry I'm tuned in

Sweet bro, good to hear! We're going to do some good things in the future

Just picked up the ZLX this morning after Cunningham Motorsports installed the Mcloed RXT clutch, the G-Force 1000HP axles & the Innovators West 8 Rib Pulley kit. I definitely recommend the 8 rib set up once you start going over 550-600 RWHP and I'm way past that!

BIG THANKS to my GOOD FRIEND, Ryne Cunningham for taking care of me and making this BEAST of a car, and also to Jessika at SupperCharger Connections for getting me the 8 rib pulley on a day's notice, you guys are the BEST!!!

Just waiting for the enclosed car hauler to get here to load up the ZLX & Benz, and then the drive east starts on Saturday, and I plan to be back to NJ by May 1st. Once I get settled, I'll have some BIG plans for my NJ/PA Camaro brethren, so get ready!

Here's the new 8 rib pulley Ryne retuned the car and pulled a little timing out because I'll be using 93 octane, plus the Torco, so I should be around 97 octane. In the 80 miles I just put on the car driving home, I could tell how much stronger (if that was possible) the car was running. The new RXT clutch is like butter and has a stock feel, and yet has 1000 HP holding power! I'm so glad I spent the extra money and listened to Ryne regarding the clutch....NEVER DOUBT YOUR TUNER/BUILDER!!!!! We also added a 1LE Fresh Air PCV, you can see it where the oil cap used to be.
Attached Images

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx