Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Dealer installed accessories

Anybody had delays in getting dealer installed accessories?I ordered the Splash guards and the console gauges three weeks ago. Still nothing yet, the parts guys at my dealer can't even get a price for the gauge set from GM. Any
one know when this will become avaliable???
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
there has been talk after the 3rd quarter if not 4th quarter and also talk when they get of bankrupcy. Im waiting on the gauges and the dove tail spoiler dont think it's going to happen soon.
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
SS_in_Black

Drives: 2SS Black over Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr1950 View Post
Anybody had delays in getting dealer installed accessories?I ordered the Splash guards and the console gauges three weeks ago. Still nothing yet, the parts guys at my dealer can't even get a price for the gauge set from GM. Any
one know when this will become avaliable???
Here's what the dealership has told me... First, part manufacture's have been unwilling or able to produce many more parts than are required for vehicle production. This is partially due to the fact that a certain amount of parts for production have been paid for by GM but a good many have not and the manufacturer's arent going real far out on the financial limb for GM. Also, GM is in the process of changing the distributors that inventory the parts for the dealers. This change took place on July 1st and has furthered the delay of part availability; especially accessories not ordered at the time of vehicle order. You can ask you dealership parts manager to request GM to "release" a part directly from the manufacture to your dealership. This cuts out the distribution channel, however, if there are no parts availalble that doesn't help you much. I did this with my GMPP exhaust and it arrived in one day!!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #4
5thGenAnyone?
I'm thirsty

Drives: 1 speed bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquash1984 View Post
there has been talk after the 3rd quarter if not 4th quarter and also talk when they get of bankrupcy. Im waiting on the gauges and the dove tail spoiler dont think it's going to happen soon.
That would kind of piss me off, especially with something like the dovetail. You are paying a certain price for your car to look a certain way, and waiting that long is unexceptable. its like you are paying that extra money every car payment, no matter how small a difference, for nothing for the time being until you get your spoiler.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:04 AM   #5
BackinBlack
KASPR

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS LS3
I ordered my quarter flares a week after delivery, and they were installed by the delaer less than another week after that. I currently have the car cover on order.

When ordering parts that are not in stock, my dealer asks me to pre-pay, with the promise that I can return a part that turns out to be different than what I was looking for.

Maybe this pre-payment is making a difference in lead time.
BackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
We may have some quarter flares left in stock, depending on color -
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
Amelia98
Honorary Female Member =)

Drives: Camaro and a PT Cruiser
I have a lot on order. My Catback came in last Monday and I am still wating for everything else. I was told 3rd Quarter for most of it which starts this month. I am just glad to have the car and will wait as long as it takes.

VROOM VROOM
Amelia98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:29 AM   #8
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
I ordered my engine cover with the car, and stripe package as well. I have had the car three weeks, but still no stripes of cover.

Oh well, at least I got the car!
Rikarus is offline   Reply With Quote