Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #463
kalel

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
hey Heather, on Number 3's car, it looked like the headlights are the DRLs :( is that the way yours is, too?

That is how it is all all non RS cars. RS cars have the fog lights as DRL.
kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:43 PM   #464
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel View Post
That is how it is all all non RS cars. RS cars have the fog lights as DRL.
for the past few months, they've been saying the non-RS uses the parking lamps (turn signals) as the DRLs. they've been trying different things lately (with the RS as well), and i was wondering what they happened to have
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #465
kllrvet

Drives: 06 C6 Z06
You have kind of skirted this question: HOW DOES ONE AQUIRE A Captured Test Fleet Car ? How do you do that, when the car isn't even available for purchase yet?

Please enlighten us.

Tony
kllrvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #466
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kllrvet View Post
You have kind of skirted this question: HOW DOES ONE AQUIRE A Captured Test Fleet Car ? How do you do that, when the car isn't even available for purchase yet?

Please enlighten us.

Tony
LOL Kinda skirted my question about the air pump as well.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #467
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:

Please enlighten us.

Tony
Tony, I think it's kind of like snipe hunting... Seriously, these people are GM employees that volunteered or are asked by GM to conduct some testing with these cars. Here is an explanation from GM's VP of global program management, Jon Lauckner (in reference to test vehicles for the Volt):

"First of all as part of the development program we typically have small numbers of vehicles that we put out in the hands of people that drive them on a daily basis. That’s a part of our development program that occurs prior to production. We call that a “captured test fleet”. Captured meaning we know where the cars are and we know who the drivers are, and test fleet because the cars aren’t in production yet. We use the versions that we build at the tail end of the development cycle to really put them out there on a daily basis to get better understanding of whats going on with the vehicles."

"Typically we put these in the hands of GM folks, when we do it prior to the start of production; employees, people in the technical community, people who work in the plants, manufacturing, etc."
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #468
kllrvet

Drives: 06 C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Tony, I think it's kind of like snipe hunting... Seriously, these people are GM employees that volunteered or are asked by GM to conduct some testing with these cars. Here is an explanation from GM's VP of global program management, Jon Lauckner (in reference to test vehicles for the Volt):

"First of all as part of the development program we typically have small numbers of vehicles that we put out in the hands of people that drive them on a daily basis. That’s a part of our development program that occurs prior to production. We call that a “captured test fleet”. Captured meaning we know where the cars are and we know who the drivers are, and test fleet because the cars aren’t in production yet. We use the versions that we build at the tail end of the development cycle to really put them out there on a daily basis to get better understanding of whats going on with the vehicles."

"Typically we put these in the hands of GM folks, when we do it prior to the start of production; employees, people in the technical community, people who work in the plants, manufacturing, etc."
That makes better sense, but I was left with the impression from the OP, that it was HIS car, not GM's.

Tony
kllrvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #469
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
That makes better sense, but I was left with the impression from the OP, that it was HIS car, not GM's.

Tony
The OP would have to comment on that. But, I have a friend who works for a car maker and he gets a company car every so often. He refers to that car as "his car" also when in reality it belongs to the company.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #470
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
... she's gonna be in Miami? When?
If you read some of her post she states after naples shes going to the Miami area. No info on where, theres well over a dozen chevy dealerships between Dade and Broward. So we could try calling each but if we asked nicely enough maybe she will tell us.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #471
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Heather,

Are you gonna be in the Jacksonville area at all?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:53 PM   #472
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Hello Folks I hope everyone had a great Christmas!! Thanks to all the folks who have been posting there pics and Videos I can't get enough!!

I did think up another question, does the 1SS come with the Launch traction control?
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #473
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Hello...Still in Marco Island, but many trips to Naples. We were in Miami on Christmas Eve-Christmas Day (We have a lot of family there, and were there for the holiday-no dealer stops or anything). We may make a return trip to Miami for dinner and to pick up some sandwiches!

To clarify this is GM's car...My husband is a GM employee and it is a captured test fleet that is being "tested" to work out anything that may come up. It is not an "X" car and will one day, hopefully, have a nice loving home I don't work for GM...

The pump in the trunk I am 99% sure is 9V, but I have not remembered to check yet and was hesitant to post until I did...

As far a "launch" feature-not on this car.

DRL questions I will have to check, but I will...

We'll be in Florida until at least Friday and then head north on 75, stay over in Georgia for a night and then continue north on 75 through Ohio, then 23 N to home in MI. By Monday it will be headed toward Toronto then back to Oshawa next week!
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #474
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Sorry nothing else scheduled with dealers in Florida (miami or anywhere). That was kind of a courtesy to a local dealer, but was not really scheduled ahead of time...He was shocked that some people came from the opposite coast! Obviuosly, they were not aware of the interest in the car by Camaro5 members!
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #475
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
Sorry nothing else scheduled with dealers in Florida (miami or anywhere). That was kind of a courtesy to a local dealer, but was not really scheduled ahead of time...He was shocked that some people came from the opposite coast! Obviuosly, they were not aware of the interest in the car by Camaro5 members!
Lets See:
1. The Camaro is an SS
2. Your can Sit in it.
3. Your can Start it up.
4. Your can Rev the Engine.
5. If you ask really really really nice you may get to take it for a spin, MAYBE.
6. OH YEAH!!!! This is ones rare chance to do 3-5(Can Not be done at an Auto Show unless you know someone) with car you CAN NOT DRIVE HOME YET.
:bangdesk: :bangdesk: :bangdesk:

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:20 AM   #476
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS 1st gen View Post
Thanks for the thumbsup...but I have to inform you that the '67 is kind of at a crossroads...what once looked like this:

now looks like this:

Long story short, after a fender bender I started taking the car down with a full resto in mind. During the process I've found so much structural rust that I'm not sure whether I will continue with it or find a better shell to start with.
Sorry to hear that, man. I know how you feel, but my circumstances were a little different.

I hope this shell turns out good enough to use. But if not, hey - you can build a 1st-gen from the frame up these days (you know this but others may not -- yes -- you can buy a 1st gen FRAME from an aftermarket company. And then get every single other part necessary to build one from the ground up. Crazy).

If you have some time (no rush) - maybe PM me links to some of the pictures of the "used to look like this" phase. Thanks.

EDIT: thanks for continuing to answer all our questions, Heather!