Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #155
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
I'd be interested in the wheels if you decide to sell. I'm local, have cash and my stock SS wheels for your car to sell with.
That will be the last thing I do if I do decide to sell them.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #156
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Cool man. Just throwing it out there. I also have stock cats and manifolds that I pulled off at 1500 miles...maybe we can help each other out. :-)

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #157
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Sounds like to me your better off selling the wheels and trading it in. You'll get your $24-26 trade plus whatever $ you'll make off mods. That should put you what your expecting? No?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #158
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Taylor 24500 or so on trade in is all Steve and Dannie got.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #159
brl45th

Drives: 45th Anniversary SS Conv't
No offense, but you may have a real job getting $24k on trade after returning and fixing....like others have said; allot of them out there and unless real low miles you may take a hit either way.
refinancing may be the ticket here.
Good luck either way!
brl45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #160
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Taylor 24500 or so on trade in is all Steve and Dannie got.
I got $25500 as a trade in when I bought my 1LE and was happy to get it...I mentioned to you that it wasn't going to be as easy as you were thinking to sell your Camaro. The dealer I traded into took a loss on my Camaro to sell it...

These Camaro's held their value for a long time, but as others pointed out, there are a lot more of them on the road, so value has diminished some...fix the cel, get it smogged and make it rumble a little less and someone may step up....
Old 02-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #161
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Lol it's worth way more then 24k. I am not trading it in. I know some people don't want a modded car, but for the people that do I think 28k is an awesome deal. I guess I'll try autotrader. I was thinking of returning it back to stock, but I don't have the stock parts so I'd have to buy them.
Here in itself is something good to remember, always keep your original parts. I know that it is tempting to sell for the money for more mods, but I remember them saying at a Barrett-Jackson auction to keep all your original parts to sell with the car. I have all mine.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #162
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Taylor if it's worth anything list it on Ebay, Craigs List, Modified Car Trader, as well as local paper/etc. It took a few weeks before I got bombed with requests on pics and true potential buyers. I have a pending sale now, and trust me you will never make up the money you invest in modifications, especially in today's market. Good luck to you!!!

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #163
TaylorRyanSS

I am going to try to sell it first. I'd rather not trade it in.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 02-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #164
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
I am going to try to sell it first. I'd rather not trade it in.
if you trade in you'll really get hosed. the dealer will have to get it cheap enough to make 2-3k off it themselves.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #165
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
if you trade in you'll really get hosed. the dealer will have to get it cheap enough to make 2-3k off it themselves.
I know, trading it in will be a last resort. And it's not like I can't afford the car and have to sell it right away.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #166
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
That is a beautiful car Taylor. You will sell it, it is gorgeous.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #167
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
2 Facts :

1. It's harder to sell your car, especially a sports car, in the Winter. Interest in your car will pickup now that spring is coming around. Sales of just about everything increase in the spring and taper off in the fall.

Pictures of your car make all the difference. Here's a trick : You can easily make someone think "spring" even when its not, by shooting pictures of your car with lush grass and trees in the background.

Never shoot the side of your car. Its boring. Look at photos of your car in the Chevy Camaro catalogue and try to copy the photos you see, especially the angle. If you want to be extra creative, copy the color combinations too. For example, if your car is red, include other things such as Red Roses, or Red Brick walls, in your photo.

2. It's harder to sell a customized car for the simple reason that customization is extremely personal. Sometimes a simple stripe can make all the difference. Adding 3rd party options to a car increases the value ONLY to the person who wants the exact same car, with the exact same 3rd party option.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #168
Orange Pulp Fiction

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2ss
did it sell?
Orange Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote