Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-06-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
Arrond

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
Remote Tune

Considering a remote tune and would like opinions on who to go with. JRE or RDP?
Arrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #2
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Camaro Corvette CTS Mustang Charger Tuner in Tampa Orlando Bradenton

If you use HP Tuners, Tampa Tuning is a great option
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:01 PM   #3
RedTexasSS

Drives: 2012 SS Red w/ black rally stripes
Call Phil at Tampa Tuning

I would highly recommend Tampa Tuning. I used HP tuners, and called Phil for an email tune. I sent Phil my stock file, he worked his magic on the file and sent it back to me. His tune released the beast in my SS. You will love the way the transmission shifts. The car just doesn't stop pulling when you put your foot in it. He will ask you to send him a log file and he tweaks the tune until he is happy with the numbers.
2012 SS Camaro, Victory Red w/black rally stripes, SLP front splitter, ZL1 Rocker panels, ZL1 Add-ons Stealth Wickerbill, L99, Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger, 65 lb. injectors, 87 mm pulley, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM,1 7/8 Texas Speed long tube headers, v-max ported throttle body, Rotofab cold air intake with Apex scoop, Apex catch can, MSD plug wires, AEM AFR and Boost gauges, GPI SS1 VVT Cam, HP tuners with remote tune by Ryan at GPI, Solo axleback exhaust w/j pipes and stock resonator.
RedTexasSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:41 PM   #4
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
Slowhawk, tampa tuning, Florida speed.
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:06 PM   #5
dcpatters

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTexasSS View Post
I would highly recommend Tampa Tuning. I used HP tuners, and called Phil for an email tune. I sent Phil my stock file, he worked his magic on the file and sent it back to me. His tune released the beast in my SS. You will love the way the transmission shifts. The car just doesn't stop pulling when you put your foot in it. He will ask you to send him a log file and he tweaks the tune until he is happy with the numbers.
Same here. Phil tuned my car. Now my 1LE
dcpatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #6
Argarath

Drives: 2013 Corvette Base Coupe 3LT
I used JRE with the SCTx4 and love it. The car runs better than ever and much more responsive. Ted was very easy to deal with and always responded to any questions i had. If i was doing it all again i wouldn't hesitate to go with Ted again.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #7
Arrond

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
Thanks for all of your opinions on the remote tune. I would still like to know what you think of the RDP remote tune.
Arrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:42 AM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Both are excellent choices, so I'm glad you've got it narrowed down to 2 great guys. I went with RDP. My experience has been great using the SCT X4. Dynosteve also bundled my tune with other parts and has been available to answer my questions about parts. So far, he has been an invaluable asset to my build.

The tune included firmer shifting for my auto which made a huge difference by itself.

Like I said, both are great choices, but speaking from experience, I am thrilled with my RDP tune.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:24 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrond View Post
Considering a remote tune and would like opinions on who to go with. JRE or RDP?
Thank you for Considering JRE, I am 100% confident I can provide a Perfect tune.

I have been doing remote tuning long before anyone else, well over 2500 cars to date and have been very successful at tuning some of the fastest cars in the country remotely and in my shop.

I also have a buy parts from me get tunes for free program, an industry first.

Feel free to contact me directly by phone email or pm to discuss your project.

Be happy to share some speed secrets.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:05 PM   #10
fleebag

Drives: Moneypit
JRE
fleebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:14 PM   #11
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I've been dealing with rdp and dyno Steve. Haven't gotten my tune done yet due to an issue with my sct. But dyno Steves customer service is top notch.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #12
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
FSP or Tampa Tuning, good luck!
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote