Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #43
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
and none of these m'fers wave back.....
Old 06-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #44
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
and none of these m'fers wave back.....
yup.. in my town i never get the wave back from fellow 5th gen owners.. theyre all stuck up ...
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #45
Shift

Drives: Me 2001 F150, The wife '11 2SS RS
Here it comes finally

Damn v6's dirtying up the road all over

The SS needs some unique styling over the 6's
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #46
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
that may be somewhat true, but in the end i think most people who bought a v6 were going to buy a v6 gas high or low. insurance, the car is self cost more. but honestly there are people here getting 20MPG in a v8. i know a lot of v8 owners who say if they couldn't afford to be paying little more at the pump they couldn't settle for a 6. v6s will ALWAYS out sell v8s in camaros. because people want to have a "camaro"
People will always be practicle first when you have obligations, most people out here are broke and barely making it as usual and the gas can make a difference. A car is a car but you want a nice looking one first, power second for most drivers. Out here in kali traffic real mpg for a v8 seems to be 12-14 in the driving we do from what freinds have said. Heck I only get 16-17 in stop and go in the v6, and I mean stop and barley go!
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #47
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
yup.. in my town i never get the wave back from fellow 5th gen owners.. theyre all stuck up ...
Yeah, no one waves
Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #48
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Here it comes finally

Of course if it weren't for the damn v6's there wouldnt be any damn v8's
Old 06-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #49
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Here it comes finally

thats what i am thinking but didn't want to say it.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #50
Shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Of course if it weren't for the damn v6's there wouldnt be any damn v8's
Sure there could be just change the body a bit and call the 6 a Camvette
Old 06-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #51
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
The first model year more V8 SS models were sold vs the V6 trims. I have a theory about that. It seems like most of the people who you would define as Camaro fans, muscle car fans and collectors were first in line to buy the Camaro went back into production. Your seeing more V6s now because its more than likely the average joe who is purchasing and their more concerned with economy and price over horsepower. You still see the collectors first in line for things like Pace Cars and Convertibles but it seems the LS, 1LT and 2LT have gone mainstream.
This is not a theory. It is a fact.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #52
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
some cant afford it lol... lets face it.. a 05-10 mustang isnt cool anymore.. because theyre everywhere.. not that they ever were lol.. but when they first came it it was awe ooh awe.. now it who gives a damn imo .. the camaro will get like that too.. its the market for consumers.. new stuff gets old... we all wish we can drive lambo's.. not only camaro owners like me get mad when they see the same car 4 times on a cruise .. everybody i know get kinda ticked.. it sucks period.. not that i dont like my car any more or less cause i love mine... its a bummer lol ill get over
see the problem i see with a lot of camaro owners like me who bought the car right when it was new. is that we are going though a transition stage where our cars were rare for a good year, and now becoming more common each day. mustang drivers are use to this.

well there was some good things to me getting this car, one of them is now i know to never buy a mustang or camaro again.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #53
Shift

Quote:
see the problem i see with a lot of camaro owners like me who bought the car right when it was new. is that we are going though a transition stage where our cars were rare for a good year, and now becoming more common each day. mustang drivers are use to this.

well there was some good things to me getting this car, one of them is now i know to never buy a mustang or camaro again.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #54
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:

Normal for all good cars, which I would think not a bad thing. Besides Gm is here to sell cars not make it so a few have the only ones.I wouldn't worry about such things, my 3rd camaro in 28 years, like it so I buy it.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #55
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
, one of them is now i know to never buy a mustang or camaro again.
Well, for those of us that Camaro is in our blood it makes no difference. We don't buy the car because it is cool, or for it's uniqueness, which by the way there is nothing wrong with that. We buy it because we love Camaro's. It's who I am. I don't care if more and more people are getting them and making my car less unique. It's not an issue for me, since my passion is the love of Camaro's.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #56
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Normal for all good cars, which I would think not a bad thing. Besides Gm is here to sell cars not make it so a few have the only ones.I wouldn't worry about such things, my 3rd camaro in 28 years, like it so I buy it.
well i guess looking from a business view i would rather see more camaros than a STI or 370z. for the american economy.

but its not normal for all cars. i am on the 370z forums, and that car sold like 10k in the first year and a half. i believe there is like 15k total sold in the US. compared to 200,000 camaros LOL!

i am on other car forums like BMW, 370z, subaru and they are all right. mustangs and camaros are way to common. and the worse thing about stangs and camaro is that most people cant tell if you have a 8 or 6 under the hood. hints why everybody is asked is it a v8 or v6 . compared to a 370z where they make one engine. i am not trying to bash camaros or mustangs. but try to see it from a different stand point